Do you trust the developers/publishers with Spvp?

GDchiaScrub.3241

Quaggan does trust them. They have learned a lot in past years, both in PvE and PvP design and improved greatly. For example, let Quaggan ask you few things:

• Which map design do you prefer - old (orginal Skyhammer, Raid on Capricorn with underwater combat) or new Coliseum and Revenge of Capricorn?
  • Do you remember Celestial meta, where every team was 3-4 celestial monkeys (D/D Ele, Rifle Engi, sometimes a Shoutbow) + 1-2 gankers (always Thief, sometimes Mesmer as his little helper)? Quaggan is more enjoying current meta, even with broken Scrooge around.
  • Did you really enjoyed constant premade vs soloQ stomps in Ranked?

I can see some devs/Anet staff being passionate about the game (look at Ben) and their job (wouldn't be surprised if some changes were done in free time/late at night) however i do not trust company politics (which is clearly p2win atm) as whole, i have seen it ruin games in the past and it will ruin gw2 too as well.

No matter what devs want, if management tells them to do something else, they will have to. Ofc, theoretically it supposed to be a dialog between devs and management but reality looks usually completely different (i work in IT myself). This is however my assumption.

Then there is also the fact, that even devs are humans. Humans are subjective (e.g. as far as i know, one of the Anet stuff loves playing thief but.... she mainly pves/roleplays, i am sure her view on current state of DE in pvp/wvw is probably different than from any pvp vet), can't know everything and have flaws. This is not bashing on Anet staff.

So i picked 50/50.

@Saiyan.1704 said:Do we have a choice?

Pulling a quote from the other poll about a similar-ish question.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@"Brutal Augus.5917" said:A better question would be do you have a choice?

It sounds like that it would be a "better" question, but it asks in a more functional manner. Since it is their product, you are forced to accept w.e. they do with it (or stop giving them money). So that's not really a question about consumer confidence (which is probably your point).

To put the poll in a different way...it asks if you like the changes to the product, and if they affect your view of the developers/publishers. This is more important for the future, than it is about your pragmatic question.

Depends if they answer many missed opportunities to respond in the discussion (ex. locking the thread and checking responses off or something).

There are a lot of quality responses (very thankful for that), but there are also a lot of responses they didn't respond to that are less involved but go a long way in terms of quality of the mode.

They lost my trust with this expansion... Sad, because even at launch I was optimistic they would make the necessary changes. Balance patch took forever (which I sort of expected, but hoped it wouldn't be so), but the worst feeling was reading the notes... And now, we know no more balance for months, and we're stuck in this double scourge + firebrand meta. It's funny too, because I actually see a lot of DH and Reapers still. I'm so happy when I do, and I actually can have good matches again.

@Loboling.5293 said:They lost my trust with this expansion... Sad, because even at launch I was optimistic they would make the necessary changes. Balance patch took forever (which I sort of expected, but hoped it wouldn't be so), but the worst feeling was reading the notes... And now, we know no more balance for months, and we're stuck in this double scourge + firebrand meta. It's funny too, because I actually see a lot of DH and Reapers still. I'm so happy when I do, and I actually can have good matches again.

Except there will be balance patch next week... Quaggan is speechless.

Nope not in the least.

PvP has gotten worse with each expansion. It's not the PvP team's fault as I feel they are trying to turn the ship. Problem is you have a separate balance team who calls the shots & they are also handicapped by what rewards they can offer due to the PvE team.

This is where the problem lies and why I have zero trust at this time.

1. The game's balance team isn't good
  2. Too many departments & egos
  3. PvE has to be the be all end all for rewards

If you can correct those 3 issues than PvP can start to flourish again

I feel I should clarify that it is not that I don't trust any singular developer or team of developers. I trust that each desires the game to be successful and tries their utmost to make that happen as best they can with the tools and resources made available to them.

What I don't trust is the overarching development process, vision, organisation, and direction for the game or any of its various components due to a lack of cohesion. I do not trust Anet as a whole because of how it seems to work based on its behavior and trends of behavior and the various policies it has in place.

@Whitworth.7259 said:I think ANet have made some silly mistakes here and there, but compared to a lot of game companies their heart is definitely in the right place. Of course everyone gets distracted by the bottom line once in a while, even game developers have to eat.

Having heart in the right place does not excuse them silly mistakes. FYI, silly is not the word i would use to qualify the mistakes they made.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:They lost my trust with this expansion... Sad, because even at launch I was optimistic they would make the necessary changes. Balance patch took forever (which I sort of expected, but hoped it wouldn't be so), but the worst feeling was reading the notes... And now, we know no more balance for months, and we're stuck in this double scourge + firebrand meta. It's funny too, because I actually see a lot of DH and Reapers still. I'm so happy when I do, and I actually can have good matches again.

Except there will be balance patch next week... Quaggan is speechless.

Ya, but have you seen the example changes coming next week? I would rather them have done nothing at all instead of stupid changes.

Archived