Support response time [merged]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some stuff gets handled quickly. Some stuff... is slowing them down. Apparently a higher fraction of folks have been been creating duplicate tix (which means staff have to take time to collate and make sense of them), which gums up the works.

Best thing you can do if you want quicker resolution:

• Keep the initial email simple: what went wrong, what do you want them to do?
  • Use a follow-up to clarify details, including what you did/tried to fix things or confirm an issue.
  • When they respond, reply quickly & accurately, with direct answers.
  • Avoid rhetoric & hype -- complain about delays, poor service, etc after your issue gets resolved (or as a separate ticket). Criticism of the process is entirely relevant for you (and helps improve the game), but... it won't get your ticket addressed more quickly (it could slow things down, since it makes it harder for staff to understand the actual issues).

tl;dr make it easy for ANet to help you

Whenever I make a ticket I try to provide as much information as possible, even adding screenshots if needed. In these past few months, I haven't had any major issues. They were mostly related to refunds of Gem Store items and an issue related to an item in-game. And even so, I had to wait nearly two weeks for a reply. I remember before when a reply would be sent within a day.

My latest ticket, which was submitted around four days ago is related to an Ascended drop. After spending over ay ear doing Fractals I finally had my very first Ascended chest box and was planning to reclaim a Medium headpiece. And accidentally I picked the Light one. If this sort of issues cannot be dealt with then I would like an answer instead of having an important item sitting on my inventory without a purpose...

@RandomWolf.3986 said:accidentally I picked the Light one. If this sort of issues cannot be dealt with then I would like an answer instead of having an important item sitting on my inventory without a purpose...

They can help with that. Since it's a item exchange, it takes them longer, so they might have put you in a queue for those specializing in such issues, to help get to other tickets in the queue.

Personally, I'd expect a 7-10 delay -- that way, I'd end up being pleasantly surprised when it turns out to take far less time (and not that upset if it actually takes over a week). I very much want them to address blocking and real money issues ahead of fixing a mistake that I made that I can work around for now.

(That said, yeah, it would be nice to get a response saying, "sorry, taking longer than we expected" -- they should really think about adding some way of doing that automatically when they finish with the current backlog, so the next time -- and there will be a next time -- they can keep people better informed).

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even bother, I played the original GW years ago but never got to finish it so I brought the GW trilogy to get to know the lore before buying the new expansion, but, for some reason, I can't log into my account, even though I'm pretty sure all the info is correct.I created the ticked 7 days ago, I gave new info, asked for an update, even created a new ticket cause the original one was with the wrong topic ( I didn't see there was an option for the original GW.They took the time to delete the new ticket, but did not bother to give me any sort of update on either of them, not even a " You are not alowed to create two tickets you moron" kind of answer.I'm relucting to create a new account because this one is already linked to GW2 and we can't have more de one GW linked. So I waiting untill my hype fades and I give up ANET for good or they answer and I can go my merry way playing the game I spent moneyon, whichever comes first.Guess in what I'm gonna place my bet?

Sorry to vent in your post. Good luck with your problem o/

Hi All

A friend of mine and our also guilds leader was locked out of his account as he changed his router. His verification was done via an old cell number so he cannot access the verification code. He has sent a ticket to support but has had absolutely no response for 8 days now.

Has anyone had a similar issue or does anyone know how we go about solving this problem. This is super important!!!

If someone from support reads this please assist.

Regards

Thayer

Thanks for contacting us! Your request (6623172: cant logg in) that was the response that he got - however is there no way of getting this resolved quicker ?? Surely this is not a major issue and only creates frustration for the player and the entire guild! There is now a raiding guild without its core player for two weeks practically.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The problem with hiring more people is that by the time new people are trained sufficiently, the high volume is over, and they must be let go. It's not like the Studio had a magic crystal ball and could have foretold all the issues that occurred with PoF.

I don't want to argue with everything you say, but you don't need a crystal ball to foretell that a new expansion will come with TONS of issues and tickets. It's like this with every game, even more so with mmos. And, believe me, they know about a lot of these issues before releasing, sadly it's not up to the DEVs the date new content is released, otherwise I'm sure they would take more time to polish the game.Anyway, it's just common sense to hire more people if you expect more demand for a service, at least if you care for your customers, which I believe it was the case at some point for ANET, but not anymore. We don't get any oficial answer, not even here on the forum.

Same problem here. My girlfriend (who's the core character of our raiding party) got locked out of her account last week (6625391: My account may be compromised) and still no reply, except for the automatic response. She's checking her email every hour now, just for a simple reply. I understand the rush of a new expansion and the amount of work in fixing this, but not only is this extremely frustrating to her, but also to our raiding party. Especially now that she got me a new gaming laptop so I could meet the PoF specs... Really hoping she'll get a reply soon.

Archived