Why did we get an xpac weapon that does nothing?

JayAction.9056

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@otto.5684 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Because Rev was missing a ranged condition weapon. Yes it needs improving but stop being a drama queen about it. It's not that bad.

Tell me any scenario where it is good to use. Needs improvement is understatement of the year.

Carrying a bad pug through T4 thaumanova. Those disappearing platforms can be a pain in the kitten.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Because Rev was missing a ranged condition weapon. Yes it needs improving but stop being a drama queen about it. It's not that bad.

The problem was they tried to make it a Hybrid. But as they did SUCH a terrible job. It sucks as power, it sucks as condi, it sucks as Hybrid. Weaver Sword has a similar issue, except it can be good but requires SO much in terms of stats that getting looked at can kill you. Both of these weapons were SO badly designed as Hybrid weapons that they cant be Viable power weapons, Viable condi weapons and just suck as Hybrid weapons

Yup, as Quarktastic said. Any situation where you cannot melee. Claiming shortbow is as bad as no weapon just makes you sound like a drama queen.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

The problem was they tried to make it a Hybrid. But as they did SUCH a terrible job. It sucks as power, it sucks as condi, it sucks as Hybrid. Weaver Sword has a similar issue, except it can be good but requires SO much in terms of stats that getting looked at can kill you. Both of these weapons were SO badly designed as Hybrid weapons that they cant be Viable power weapons, Viable condi weapons and just suck as Hybrid weapons

Seems more like they made it to be a pure condi weapon but undertuned the damage. Just buff all the numbers and it should be good.

@otto.5684 said:

Tell me any scenario where it is good to use. Needs improvement is understatement of the year.

bad assumption; things are not added to the game because they are the best at what they do. I DOES have a purpose and pretending it doesn't will not aid anyone in justifying requesting buffs to it. If you really want it to be better, being dishonest is not the way to do it.

If I recall correctly, bow camping condi renegade does more damage than power rev on a dummy (lol)

It's a pretty mediocre weapon, but it does its niche in giving rev a ranged option other than hammer which was awful and made no sense for condi.

I don't see many people complaining about longbow on dragonhunter because it's dps is awful.

@Obtena.7952 said:

bad assumption; things are not added to the game because they are the best at what they do. I DOES have a purpose and pretending it doesn't will not aid anyone in justifying requesting buffs to it. If you really want it to be better, being dishonest is not the way to do it.

What the kitten are you talking about?! If the weapon of elite has no optimal use in any game mode the devs f—ked up hardcore. Weapons for all elite lines are designed specifically for the elite to fulfill a specific role.

Just cuz you dunno much about rev do not come here and spew BS.

It is that bad. Don't say stupid kitten like this.

@Evolute.6239 said:If I recall correctly, bow camping condi renegade does more damage than power rev on a dummy (lol)

It's a pretty mediocre weapon, but it does its niche in giving rev a ranged option other than hammer which was awful and made no sense for condi.

I don't see many people complaining about longbow on dragonhunter because it's dps is awful.

No it does nowhere near the damage as power rev on a dummy. Honestly how did you even come to that conclusion? Look at the damage coefficients. That says it all. Go test it on the dummy though and get back to me.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Seems more like they made it to be a pure condi weapon but undertuned the damage. Just buff all the numbers and it should be good.

I dunno, it kinda feels like its trying to be a hybrid weapon but failing badly. Also it doesnt hlp that the mechanics of too many of the skills are just trash :/

@Buran.3796 said:The reason no one is using it in PvP/WvW (neither the Renegade) is due lacks any defensive/mobility tool. You can make the auto attack a 4k x hit and still would be hot garbage.

I disagree with this 100%. Revenant have a weapon swap. They dont need to have CC, mobility and everything on every weapon set. It would get used if it did more damage. Defense/mobility can be used from different Legends or weapon swap.

@Buran.3796 said:The reason no one is using it in PvP/WvW (neither the Renegade) is due lacks any defensive/mobility tool. You can make the auto attack a 4k x hit and still would be hot garbage.

I disagree with this 100%. Revenant have a weapon swap. They dont need to have CC, mobility and everything on every weapon set. It would get used if it did more damage. Defense/mobility can be used from different Legends or weapon swap.

You can disagree 200% an you still will see 0 use of short bow or Renegade in those game modes. Between the middle of PvP season 8 and current season 9 I've fought in more than 200 matches and I only saw one Renegade (which was extremely easy to kill) and 0 Renegades in WvW. Shortbow does no damage, gives no defense, provides no mobility, why would anyone to waste a weapon slot in such garbage? Again: not even doing 4k damage x autoattack hit would have any use. Hammer is vastly superior (and still I don't use hammer, is sub-optimal for PvP/roaming).

@Lahmia.2193 said:Yup, as Quarktastic said. Any situation where you cannot melee. Claiming shortbow is as bad as no weapon just makes you sound like a drama queen.

Seems more like they made it to be a pure condi weapon but undertuned the damage. Just buff all the numbers and it should be good.

just buff the dps... hell a clunky weapons is clunky no matter how much dps it does.... you will never hit something with skills 2 or 3 ... 4 maybe 5 but ... notits a tooooo fging lame weapon with clunky animations

@Buran.3796 said:You can disagree 200% an you still will see 0 use of short bow or Renegade in those game modes. Between the middle of PvP season 8 and current season 9 I've fought in more than 200 matches and I only saw one Renegade (which was extremely easy to kill) and 0 Renegades in WvW. Shortbow does no damage, gives no defense, provides no mobility, why would anyone to waste a weapon slot in such garbage? Again: not even doing 4k damage x autoattack hit would have any use. Hammer is vastly superior (and still I don't use hammer, is sub-optimal for PvP/roaming).

And the reason you dont see it is because this game has a huge power creep for burst damage be it power or condi, people will use the weapon that does the most damage in the quickest/easiest time. The reason people aren't using it isn't because it lacks defense or mobility. Its because it deals dreadful damage. On a Condi build, Short bow WOULD be the better option, if the weapon didnt do dreadful, dreadful damage. Plus, you cant really compare it to a insanely broken weapon. Though if Short Bow got better damage, it would be MUCH better in 1 Vs 1 situations. Hammer really only has use in Zergs spamming into the group that are busy trying to avoid all the AoE, Conditions and CC

@otto.5684 said:

What the kitten are you talking about?! If the weapon of elite has no optimal use in any game mode the devs f—ked up hardcore. Weapons for all elite lines are designed specifically for the elite to fulfill a specific role.

Um, that makes no sense. SBow is not optimal used in a condi build? Do tell us then, what range condi weapon is better than SBow in a condi build for Rev? Don't worry, I can wait.

And the reason you dont see it is because this game has a huge power creep for burst damage be it power or condi, people will use the weapon that does the most damage in the quickest/easiest time. The reason people aren't using it isn't because it lacks defense or mobility. Its because it deals dreadful damage. On a Condi build, Short bow WOULD be the better option, if the weapon didnt do dreadful, dreadful damage. Plus, you cant really compare it to a insanely broken weapon. Though if Short Bow got better damage, it would be MUCH better in 1 Vs 1 situations. Hammer really only has use in Zergs spamming into the group that are busy trying to avoid all the AoE, Conditions and CC

That's false. The weapons used in Factals and raids are the ones which provide better sustained damage, because spike damage means nothing if the damage over time is bad. And short bow of course will have a shitty damage: mele weapons must always need to have better dps to balance the lack of range. ANet should had focus into making the short bow a good PvP weapon wecause anyway there had no chance to replace mace + axe as condi damage dealer.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Um, that makes no sense. SBow is not optimal used in a condi build? Do tell us then, what range condi weapon is better than SBow in a condi build for Rev? Don't worry, I can wait.

Mace.

Renegade is used to enhance the condition damage in PvE. Mace and axe provide superior AoE condi damage and the range is solid. When you need to do damage to enemies far away you use a close gap to enter in the mace + axe range. You should only swap to other weapons if you need the staff for the blocks/breakbar or the hammer for missile negation/extra cc. The meta build doesn't even portray a swap weapon, because any other thing that mace +axe is a huge damage loss for condi Renegade.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Outside of PvE, even hammer is better for a condi build than shortbow, and in PvE there is no reason to swap out of mace/axe for short bow.

I assume you don't play rev at all or you are bad.

@Buran.3796 said:

Mace.

Renegade is used to enhance the condition damage in PvE. Mace and axe provide superior AoE condi damage and the range is solid. When you need to do damage to enemies far away you use a close gap to enter in the mace + axe range. You should only swap to other weapons if you need the staff for the blocks/breakbar or the hammer for missile negation/extra cc. The meta build doesn't even portray a swap weapon, because any other thing that mace +axe is a huge damage loss for condi Renegade.

So Mace is the RANGED condi weapon that's better than SBow ... that's cute.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Mace.

So Mace is the RANGED condi weapon that's better than SBow ... that's cute.

Mace #2 (large bulk of damage) is greater than melee range. Mace #3 is ranged. Axe #5 is ranged. Axe #4 is also but it's a gap closer not a real big source of condi damage. Those attacks are more than enough to out damage bow.

You obviously are not good at rev. No point in you even posting in this thread tbh obtena.

Archived