Possible Terrible Change Coming to Power Reverent 12/12 - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Revenant

Possible Terrible Change Coming to Power Reverent 12/12

2>

Comments

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

That is great. It doesn't help when you are fighting an opponent that is kiting and you can only reach with longer ranged skills like precision strike, and unrelenting assault. It also doesn't help when we swap weapons since the class has no vulnerability on any weapons other than the swords. Ultimately, no matter how you look at it, this change results in less up-time on a 7% damage modifier and fewer life siphon procs which hurts both damage and survivability overall. Power rev is already garbage tier in pvp, and has been garbage tier in pve for a long time. The only place a nerf to power rev could possibly be justified is wvw because hammer rev does well in pirate-ship metas (which is only really popular now because scourge/spellbreaker makes melee pushes suicidal). It would be fine if we could get something nice to make up for this so we aren't garbage tier anymore, but they won't, and we will be even more trash till the next balance patch.

• BeepBoopBop.5403BeepBoopBop.5403 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Miles Smiles.8951 said:

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:
    If this change goes through, they have demonstrated perfectly that they have no idea how this class works and have never read the tooltips. As if removing Equilibrium wasn't horrible decision making, it just continues on and on. Straight up foolish, I hope your company hurts in 2018. The lack of attention in this game is so sad.

Removing Equilibrium was the RIGHT choice. Did it hurt power builds? yes. Was it needed? yes In WvW the trait was flat out broken being able to hit 8k+ just for swapping legend with no tell or cast time or anything. It needed to be changed. Maybe they could have kept it but nerfed the WvW and adding like a 1second delay or something so that people see they have legend swapped and know they big damage is coming sothey have a chance to avoid it would have been a good idea as well (the replace trait does suck...)

Then they need to remove/rework all the skills with no tells or cast times. Why did they start with the revenant? And why did they stop after it?

Completely agree.

• Abelisk.4527Abelisk.4527 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

That is great. It doesn't help when you are fighting an opponent that is kiting and you can only reach with longer ranged skills like precision strike, and unrelenting assault. It also doesn't help when we swap weapons since the class has no vulnerability on any weapons other than the swords. Ultimately, no matter how you look at it, this change results in less up-time on a 7% damage modifier and fewer life siphon procs which hurts both damage and survivability overall. Power rev is already garbage tier in pvp, and has been garbage tier in pve for a long time. The only place a nerf to power rev could possibly be justified is wvw because hammer rev does well in pirate-ship metas (which is only really popular now because scourge/spellbreaker makes melee pushes suicidal). It would be fine if we could get something nice to make up for this so we aren't garbage tier anymore, but they won't, and we will be even more trash till the next balance patch.

Sigil of Fallibility

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

Sigil of Fallibility

Only in PvP.

• is anyone else excited for the new trait change, besides me? :)

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

Sigil of Fallibility

It will now be mandatory, however Icd makes it worse in multi target situations and it requires sigil slots that used to be usable for other things. Regardless of what we can do to compensate for this change, why is anet trying to nerf a dead spec further?

Well they didn't release info on every change. Best thing we could do is wait for now

@thebatman.6250 said:
    is anyone else excited for the new trait change, besides me? :)

Mallyx spam Kalla spam here we come

• Burtnik.5218Burtnik.5218 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2017

Classic Anet strikes again. I called this class Nerfnant 2 years ago.. and im not disappointed at all. They cant release a patch wthout nerfing rev in one way or another. Rip deva minor synergy if you dont use sword at x time . Slow clap for the genius that came up with this change.

Also saw funny quote

"Is that new trait called "Expose Defenses" because you waste all your energy to use it and are left with nothing to defend yourself?"

Lel.

• @thebatman.6250 said:
    is anyone else excited for the new trait change, besides me? :)

no, my boy, we're pretty much devastated (pun intended)

• The only thing this will honestly hurt is running around in open world with max crit and jalis vengeful hammers. Outside of this hardly anyone uses jalis in spvp the ppl that do in wvw won't even be getting enough hits off for it to matter. It gives the devastation line/legend more opening burst potential which is really what the legends main purpose is. On top of all this it's a the minor adept trait of a core trait line.....

Really ppl are just upset they used revs as an example and most rev players are putting frustration with renegades uselessness in spvp/wvw settings into this. Ppl will hardly see a difference if anything slighty stronger openers in spvp/wvw and after elite skill use.

• Yup based on their tease, it is a nerf. To be fair, they certainly wouldn't do that without a way to offset it. Shiro doesn't have defenses and relies on vulernability for siphoning and higher damage potential. Spending 50 from my elite will leave me useless just to have a refresh for 5 vulnerability. Doesn't make sense unless they are implementing something for survival...stealth. If their intent is to spike on the first attack, I can see anet adding stealth to Impossible Odds. It would make sense. Fits with Shiro since he is an assassin. Anet removed our block from sword 4. Can't maintain Impossible Odds long and attacking your target will knock you out of stealth. Constant low energy then casting skills on top it. With no defense and the vulnerability nerf, Shiro needs something so yeah I can certainly see stealth added to Impossible Odds.

On a related note, Enchanted Daggers needs to be an instant cast. It can assist with the burst in mid attack. It has a lot of drawbacks for a heal since it can be blocked, evaded, reflected (which heals your target lol kitten), blinded, stealth (requires a target), armor, time limit, obstructed, used if it hits target or not, low base heal, etc. Other professions don't have these useless restrictions on their heal. While you are at it, add stealth to it too. If you not gonna let Shiro heal with it, he may as well hide with it.

One more thing, changes to Minor Adept is badly needed. Example, Jade Echo is only useful if I'm dead. Um, I don't plan on dying so why in the world would I consider that a choice?? Jade Echo is bad since it requires you to die which I am trying to prevent and my death needs to be nearby foes and has a 90 sec cooldown. If I'm downed, it makes no difference anyway if I stun them or not. I can't heal enough to recover before the stun is over; and that is if they are stunned since blind, stability, block, etc prevents it. The trait is subpar. Ya gotta add more to it for when I'm alive; maybe add a 1 sec stun on sword attacks (cooldown 10 sec) if target has vulnerability.

Same for Ferocious Strikes, only useful for dual-handed weapons. What about if my swap weapon is a Hammer, Shortbow, or Staff? That means the trait is only useful sometimes. Maybe Ferocious Strikes can also apply vulnerability. For Vicious Lacerations, add blind foe (cooldown 10 sec) when wielding two swords.

Just some ideas to help anet.

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lalainnia.3598 said:

Really ppl are just upset they used revs as an example and most rev players are putting frustration with renegades uselessness in spvp/wvw settings into this. Ppl will hardly see a difference if anything slighty stronger openers in spvp/wvw and after elite skill use.

I'm upset because is a nerf to the power build in a patch intended to diminish the "burstiness of condition damage". I don't see how making the power build a bit less competitive helps to their cause.

As I stated, they should have REPLACED the vuln proc for a limited resistance with a cooldown or a cleansing, or something useful. They known that the meta is two condi Scourges + a Firebrand support, and the Herald is barely played in ranked, so why they don't give us tools to fight against that meta instead of shaving another 1% or 2% or our damage playing a power spec? Makes 0 sense.

• Manpag.6421Manpag.6421 Member ✭✭✭

On the face of it this'll be a nerf to tank builds, but then, this is just one trait; it's only a nerf to Focused Siphoning if that trait isn't also tweaked better to synergise with the updated 'Expose Defenses'. I main revenant, but I'm willing to see what other changes are put in place since any change to vulnerability obviously affects Shiro pretty hard. I'm hoping ANet would at least take into account the rest of the trait line.

@thebatman.6250 said:
    I think you lads need to tone it down a bit. This thread is becoming a clown fiesta of hyperbolic complaints.

Today I learned we're supposed to celebrate every nerf our mains get in GW2

• @Halikus.1406 said:

Said the guy who accepts everything anet does with a smile on the face. I respect you as a player Bryan but now you deserve an answer...
    We complaint because we're tired of receiving nerfs in every single patch. I don't know about the others but I'm sick of having to adjust my build and gameplay every time anet screws us over with some unnecessary and undeserved nerf when there are thousand other things that begs for their attention desperately. They could pretty much open a channel to chat with players and discuss things over instead of "balance" things based purely on numbers, which is clearly not working, or they could, and should tbh, focus on fixing the hundreds of problems and bugs the class still carries since launch.
    When they do something right I will praise them for sure, like the OH sword rework which was needed but carried out in a bad way, but when they don't then I will call for improvements of course. I love my class and I want it to be competitive with others but the way the class is now the only people playing are the truly skilled players, because the class is not attractive at all for new players in spvp/wvw. We need twice the effort compared to other classes to perform well and avoid dropping dead at any second by bursts with little to no tell. If they fix the terrible balance we have now while nerfing and or fixing everything not only revs then I will gladly accept it, but if they don't I just ask for them to turn their focus somewhere else and stop gutting revs in every single patch.

Slow your roll on that first bit m80. I have my fair share of issues with whats happening to this class just as much as the rest of you. So between you, me, and anyone who reads my shitposts. I'm doing what I can with what I have and making it work to best of my ability.

The grim reality we have to accept is that revenant will not be optimal to run in sPvP until 1 of 2 criteria are met:

1. Nerf Scourges condition output into the ground
    2. Add more sustain to the Herald Specialization

Once either of those are met we will be able to be optimal in the CURRENT meta game. However we need to look at the long term and what we will be dealing with after this season. The responses on this thread are well within the hyperbolic. This is the first and only season, so far, where Revenant wasn't an optimal class to pick for sPvP. Yeah the class is in a rough spot. But so has every other class in this game.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

C L O W N F I E S T A

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

@thebatman.6250 said:

Once either of those are met we will be able to be optimal in the CURRENT meta game. However we need to look at the long term and what we will be dealing with after this season. The responses on this thread are well within the hyperbolic. This is the first and only season, so far, where Revenant wasn't an optimal class to pick for sPvP. Yeah the class is in a rough spot. But so has every other class in this game.

I have to correct you on this as the precision strike and sotm nerfs for season 5 put revenant out of the meta and at the bottom of the totem pole. Nerfs to other classes in subsequent seasons brought it back up to being a strong but completely optional pick for the 4th or 5th spot on a team by season 8. Then obviously path of fire said kitten you, and erased erased rev completely from the meta.

@thebatman.6250 said:

@Halikus.1406 said:

Said the guy who accepts everything anet does with a smile on the face. I respect you as a player Bryan but now you deserve an answer...
    We complaint because we're tired of receiving nerfs in every single patch. I don't know about the others but I'm sick of having to adjust my build and gameplay every time anet screws us over with some unnecessary and undeserved nerf when there are thousand other things that begs for their attention desperately. They could pretty much open a channel to chat with players and discuss things over instead of "balance" things based purely on numbers, which is clearly not working, or they could, and should tbh, focus on fixing the hundreds of problems and bugs the class still carries since launch.
    When they do something right I will praise them for sure, like the OH sword rework which was needed but carried out in a bad way, but when they don't then I will call for improvements of course. I love my class and I want it to be competitive with others but the way the class is now the only people playing are the truly skilled players, because the class is not attractive at all for new players in spvp/wvw. We need twice the effort compared to other classes to perform well and avoid dropping dead at any second by bursts with little to no tell. If they fix the terrible balance we have now while nerfing and or fixing everything not only revs then I will gladly accept it, but if they don't I just ask for them to turn their focus somewhere else and stop gutting revs in every single patch.

Slow your roll on that first bit m80. I have my fair share of issues with whats happening to this class just as much as the rest of you. So between you, me, and anyone who reads my shitposts. I'm doing what I can with what I have and making it work to best of my ability.

The grim reality we have to accept is that revenant will not be optimal to run in sPvP until 1 of 2 criteria are met:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

C L O W N F I E S T A

Revenant has been in a less than optimal B tier spot for several seasons now.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2017

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@thebatman.6250 said:

@Halikus.1406 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

C L O W N F I E S T A

... and that's never been a compelling reason for Anet to do anything anyways ... so while you all think that's a terrible thing and a valid point, it really isn't. Anet has no reason to chase meta on one class, just to end up having to repeat the fool's errand to do so on another.

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

edited December 11, 2017

@Obtena.7952 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@thebatman.6250 said:

@Halikus.1406 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

C L O W N F I E S T A

... and that's never been a compelling reason for Anet to do anything anyways ... so while you all think that's a terrible thing and a valid point, it really isn't. Anet has no reason to chase meta on one class, just to end up having to repeat the fool's errand to do so on another.

Um I never said any of that kitten you said? I just pointed out another comment's error.

And by that logic why are they balancing at all? Isn't balancing just chasing metas on whatever classes are underperforming lol, if they didn't want to chase meta on any class why are they nerfing or buffing anything at all? Changes just because?

Edgy comment tho

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2017

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@thebatman.6250 said:

@Halikus.1406 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

C L O W N F I E S T A

Um I never said any of that kitten you said? I just pointed out another comment's error.

I was just clarifying for you the post because as you admit here, in simply pointing out the error, it appears you missed that point ... and it's a really one because it recognizes that things change and what isn't good today could be good tomorrow. ... and that good players take what they get and do the best with what they got instead of constantly pleading and complaining that things are terrible for them.

Why do they balance? Because they have an idea of how they want the game to work and what they want the classes to do. It might be more obscure but there are other reasons to make changes to things other than overall performance.

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

• Revs stuck in a B spot for several seasons not because of damage output but because of its trash tier condi cleansing capabilities outside of ventari. Add in how rampant scourge is and any other condi spec for that matter and revs get thrashed without support to cleanse. Literally the safest option for revs that are in condi rampant scourge games is to either switch class or slap on hammer and avoid going melee. If ppl want something it should be condi cleanse outside of ventari and staff actual condi cleansing not more resistance or things that lower incoming damage from condis.

• Blood.5607Blood.5607 Member ✭✭✭

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:
    Yeah this is pointless. Clearly does not know how to play Equilibrium rev and just died a lot to it lol

Just jump in with your secondary legend (guessing you mean Shiro), like phase Traversal isn't 35 energy! Don't even worry about it, weapon skills don't need energy! You'll get Equilibrium by waiting around for your 50 energy to come back! I guess thieves never run out of initiative in your world too. Idk what enemies you fight that let you sit and auto while waiting for energy, but it's not representative of a competent enemy, stop acting like it is.

Oh, your only option to attack someone was to teleport to them? I mean sure. Thats an option or you could use the perma swiftness and a dodge to get pretty much on top of most people either way would work. Though my view point again comes from WvW and Roaming at that, I tend to be a player that doesnt waste abilities to get into range if they dont even know you're about to attack them, so...

If you actually look at Equil as a 10sec CD, you clearly weren't an above average rev. Agreeing with Boop, you want to be using as much as your shiro energy aggressively or defensively (riposting) you should almost never be above 50% to swap into Glint and if you are, its to use Jade effectively before swapping. So yes, its a 20sec CD.

• narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lalainnia.3598 said:
    Revs stuck in a B spot for several seasons not because of damage output but because of its trash tier condi cleansing capabilities outside of ventari. Add in how rampant scourge is and any other condi spec for that matter and revs get thrashed without support to cleanse. Literally the safest option for revs that are in condi rampant scourge games is to either switch class or slap on hammer and avoid going melee. If ppl want something it should be condi cleanse outside of ventari and staff actual condi cleansing not more resistance or things that lower incoming damage from condis.

Rev will be B tier until something is done about how broken portal is (it won't) and/or how strong Mesmer is 1v1 (also won't be nerfed since they consider them their "dueling class.") I guess rev did sort of get a little promotion to B+ on the last round of nerfs when they rekt unhindered combatant tho.

TBH, Scourges are sort of not really the problem... Yes, they're no-skill and face-roll, but they're manageable--even w/o going laugh-at-me-hammer-mode. The problem is when the scourge has a support FB with them, who you literally can't stop from rezzing the scourge the first time it goes down due to their double bubble mass stability cheese... So the scourge always gets to get back up with full life-force and f5 off cooldown at least once in the fight. If anything, they should take a look at nerfing the power rez, which has been out of control for quite some time now (even way before PoF). That would indirectly knock scourges down a few pegs.

And I'd still definitely rather fight a team with scourges/fb supports on it than one with a good mirage, which is literally uncounterable by any class (except by another, better mirage). Their carry potential is insane... And, no matter how good you are, unless they make a mistake or get greedy or something, they're the only class that you can't actually kill as a rev, only force them into retreat.

@narcx.3570 said:

@Lalainnia.3598 said:
    Revs stuck in a B spot for several seasons not because of damage output but because of its trash tier condi cleansing capabilities outside of ventari. Add in how rampant scourge is and any other condi spec for that matter and revs get thrashed without support to cleanse. Literally the safest option for revs that are in condi rampant scourge games is to either switch class or slap on hammer and avoid going melee. If ppl want something it should be condi cleanse outside of ventari and staff actual condi cleansing not more resistance or things that lower incoming damage from condis.

Rev will be B tier until something is done about how broken portal is (it won't) and/or how strong Mesmer is 1v1 (also won't be nerfed since they consider them their "dueling class.") I guess rev did sort of get a little promotion to B+ on the last round of nerfs when they rekt unhindered combatant tho.

TBH, Scourges are sort of not really the problem... Yes, they're no-skill and face-roll, but they're manageable--even w/o going laugh-at-me-hammer-mode. The problem is when the scourge has a support FB with them, who you literally can't stop from rezzing the scourge the first time it goes down due to their double bubble mass stability cheese... So the scourge always gets to get back up with full life-force and f5 off cooldown at least once in the fight. If anything, they should take a look at nerfing the power rez, which has been out of control for quite some time now (even way before PoF). That would indirectly knock scourges down a few pegs.

And I'd still definitely rather fight a team with scourges/fb supports on it than one with a good mirage, which is literally uncounterable by any class (except by another, better mirage). Their carry potential is insane... And, no matter how good you are, unless they make a mistake or get greedy or something, they're the only class that you can't actually kill as a rev, only force them into retreat.

Being able to dodge while CC'd and while casting is dumb as hell.

• BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@narcx.3570 said:

@Lalainnia.3598 said:

Being able to dodge while CC'd and while casting is dumb as hell.

Don’t forget while also Channeling i.e. buffs and rezzes.