Blind needs to be applied for a short duration 2 seconds maximum.

Hitman.5829

As a melee warrior it is very frustrating to constantly be blinded by a thief that knows how to play his class perfectly.I have no problem fighting a noob or medium skill thief, but against a pro thief warrior is just a sitting bag (I am a pro warrior).I get constantly blinded and no matter how much resistance i bring, I still cannot fight them because they just wait in stealth or perma dodge and blind you when resistance is over.I am talking about dagger/ pistol + sword thief and perma evade daredevil.

Blind needs to be applied for a short duration perhaps 2 second duration (at least on melee warrior).Better yet, give warrior a trait that reduces the blind duration or set blind duration to be X sec maximum.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashen.2907 said:Isnt blind removed by making an attack? I know that I just use an autoattack to remove it, but then I do not play at pro levels.

Yes, but as melee warrior you need to be 130 units to attack and remove it, its not like you can just press 11111111 like ranger from 1750 units away and the blind is gone. As warrior you have to get close to the target and be at minimum range to remove blindness. As melee warrior that is even more complicated because your enemies run away from you so you have a very difficult time trying to remove it, specially if its a perma dodge thief.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:(I am a pro warrior).Loosing fights to thieves due to the weakest condition in the says otherwise.

I am a pro warrior, and not because I say so, but because I have beaten many players in WvW outnumbered 5 to 1, yet i cannot beat a perma dodge thief that constantly blind me.

Weakest condition for ranged classes but for melee classes like warrior, blind is very strong because you need to be 130 units to remove it, not only that, a perma dodge thief its nearly impossible to remove blindness.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:Isnt blind removed by making an attack? I know that I just use an autoattack to remove it, but then I do not play at pro levels.

Yes, but as melee warrior you need to be 130 units to attack and remove it, its not like you can just press 11111111

Thanks god.You have to hit something in order to remove it.Regardless if you are Ranged or Melee .

@Dawdler.8521 said:If you are at more than 130 distance and cant hit anything, how exactly does having blind effect on you impact your combat?

You hit the thief less than not hitting him?

Well for starters you have to sacrifice one of your powerful skills if you want to remove blindness. For example: Rush or bullcharge.Now, a perma dodge thief can easily dodge your rush and subsequent attacks and leave you with blindness for several seconds unable to hit anything and setting all your skills in cooldown.Considering how easily thief has access to blind, this sets warrior at a disadvantage. Other classes can just press 111111 from 1200+ range and blindness will not be a problem, but with warrior that is completely different.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:If you are at more than 130 distance and cant hit anything, how exactly does having blind effect on you impact your combat?

You hit the thief less than not hitting him?

Well for starters you have to sacrifice one of your powerful skills if you want to remove blindness. For example: Rush.Now, a perma dodge thief can easily dodge your rush and subsequent attacks and leave you with blindness for several seconds unable to hit anything and setting all your skills in cooldown.Considering how easily thief has access to blind, this sets warrior at a disadvantage. Other classes can just press 111111 from 1200+ range and blindness will not be a problem, but with warrior that is completely different.

Can't you switch ranged weapon?Or are you playing GS A/S spellbreaker?

I suggest you to play a thief and then realize how blind can manage to incrase his low, except dodge, survavility.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Other classes can just press 111111 from 1200+ range and blindness will not be a problem, but with warrior that is completely different.No its not. You are making the choice to kitten yourself with melee. Only you. Not the warrior. The warrior got two 1200 range weapons.

well, if we had decent range damage weapons we warriors would consider them, but currently they are a joke of DPS weapons that no decent warrior equips them.

@Hitman.5829 said:As a melee warrior it is very frustrating to constantly be blinded by a thief that knows how to play his class perfectly.I have no problem fighting a noob or medium skill thief, but against a pro thief warrior is just a sitting bag (I am a pro warrior).I get constantly blinded and no matter how much resistance i bring, I still cannot fight them because they just wait in stealth or perma dodge and blind you when resistance is over.I am talking about dagger/ pistol + sword thief and perma evade daredevil.

Blind needs to be applied for a short duration perhaps 2 second duration (at least on melee warrior).Better yet, give warrior a trait that reduces the blind duration or set blind duration to be X sec maximum.

The 2 seconds duration blind will actually make it worse for you since you are giving the Thief time to wait out for Initiative regen just to reapply blindness on you after the duration. I am personally favoring stacking blindness, meaning having 5 stacks of blind will make you miss 5 attacks. However, my main is Thief so I am biased.

Spellbreaker removed blindness rather easy thanks to Cleansing Ire. Having two bursts that charges independently helps. Also, Magebane is really annoying as a Thief.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:As a melee warrior it is very frustrating to constantly be blinded by a thief that knows how to play his class perfectly.I have no problem fighting a noob or medium skill thief, but against a pro thief warrior is just a sitting bag (I am a pro warrior).I get constantly blinded and no matter how much resistance i bring, I still cannot fight them because they just wait in stealth or perma dodge and blind you when resistance is over.I am talking about dagger/ pistol + sword thief and perma evade daredevil.

The 2 seconds duration blind will actually make it worse for you since you are giving the Thief time to wait out for Initiative regen just to reapply blindness on you after the duration. I am personally favoring stacking blindness, meaning having 5 stacks of blind will make you miss 5 attacks. However, my main is Thief so I am biased.

Spellbreaker removed blindness rather easy thanks to Cleansing Ire. Having two bursts that charges independently helps. Also, Magebane is really annoying as a Thief.

No it does not! Do you know burst count as level 1 with SB? Also, burst do not hit if you are blinded!

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Other classes can just press 111111 from 1200+ range and blindness will not be a problem, but with warrior that is completely different.No its not. You are making the choice to kitten yourself with melee. Only you. Not the warrior. The warrior got two 1200 range weapons.

well, if we had decent range damage weapons we warriors would consider them, but currently they are a joke of DPS weapons that no decent warrior equips them.You dont need dps to attack through a blind. You said it yourself, it only require 11111111 at 1200 range.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

well, if we had decent range damage weapons we warriors would consider them, but currently they are a joke of DPS weapons that no decent warrior equips them.You dont need dps to attack through a blind. You said it yourself, it only require 11111111 at 1200 range.

hahahaha so the problem to remove blindness is to equip a range weapon that is crap? and that deals crap damage? Good one!

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:You dont need dps to attack through a blind. You said it yourself, it only require 11111111 at 1200 range.

lolBtw, since zerk/marauder thief does not put that much conditions, warrior deals fine with him due to Brawler's recovery ( and eventually 1 sigil of cleansing ).

Yes, but thief has access to many other conditions suck as weakness, cripple, poison, vulnerability, blindness. I am not asking for an exaggerated nerf to thief, I am just asking for blindness to be a reasonable condition against a melee warrior. It seems that you are attacking me for something something warrior is weak in game. The game needs to be better for everyone not just for a few.

@Hitman.5829 said:

No it does not! Do you know burst count as level 1 with SB? Also, burst do not hit if you are blinded!

But isn't it the reason why SB has Sight Beyond Sight? If timed correctly, you can remove blind and apply Resistance on a Full Counter.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

But isn't it the reason why SB has Sight Beyond Sight? If timed correctly, you can remove blind and apply Resistance on a Full Counter.

The thief as access to blindness anytime he wants, removing blindness via sight beyond sign will bring more blindness, and that is assuming you are playing SB. But what if you are not? how do you deal with it? If blindness were to last maximum 2 or even 3 seconds then you could easily deal with it, but when the thief has perma dodge, the blindness can last for many more seconds and if the thief is using condition duration then even more.

@Hitman.5829 said:

The thief as access to blindness anytime he wants, removing blindness via sight beyond sign will bring more blindness, and that is assuming you are playing SB. But what if you are not? how do you deal with it?

Not necessarily. The Thief still needs to wait for Initiatives regen just as other classes wait for CD. Even though Shadowshot applies 5s of blindness, it puts the Thief within melee range, thus by simply auto-attacking will remove the blind. However, as you said, they will wait in stealth when the blind fall off. This is why I mentioned SB and Magebane.

Berserker has savage instinct that can remove conditions when you activate berserk. It also has a taunt that forces Thief to attack you from stealth.

Non-Elite can use Brawler's Recovery + sigil of cleansing just like Shirlias.8104 said.

I use Axe mani-hand with my Warrior and Cyclone always removes blind for me.

@Hitman.5829 said:

but currently they are a joke of DPS weapons

So are many of the other professions' 1200 range weapons.

Archived