Chance to Proc traits

killahmayne.9518

One of the posts a mod made had me thinking.

Specifically, the trait Mutilating Defenses being changed to Expose Defenses. I kind of like this change because it encourages to use of specific gameplay and style in order to take advantage of certain traits. Traits that are like "33% chance to proc so and so ability on crit" imo is kind of lazy and makes the more abilities reliant on chance.The devs should do more of these type of changes to on proc traits to encourage more skillful and smarter gameplay.

I introduce you "Improvisation" https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvisation that gets more and more RNG with every new spec because pool of spells that are considered by this trait becomes bigger and bigger. So before HoT you would have something like 20% chance to get your utility recharged. With HoT and PoF it is 16% now. With next elite spec even less. Long reign RnG :/

@"Cynz.9437" said:I introduce you "Improvisation" https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvisation that gets more and more RNG with every new spec because pool of spells that are considered by this trait becomes bigger and bigger. So before HoT you would have something like 20% chance to get your utility recharged. With HoT and PoF it is 16% now. With next elite spec even less. Long reign RnG :/

How do you feel about it having a chance to recharge 1 random utility when you use a stolen item, with a small ICD (small being <5 seconds)? This way you are guaranteed that it benefits you every time. But you also lose the chance to have all 6-0 skills recharged immediately if you choose to chance that and get lucky.

@"killahmayne.9518" said:One of the posts a mod made had me thinking.

Specifically, the trait Mutilating Defenses being changed to Expose Defenses. I kind of like this change because it encourages to use of specific gameplay and style in order to take advantage of certain traits. Traits that are like "33% chance to proc so and so ability on crit" imo is kind of lazy and makes the more abilities reliant on chance.The devs should do more of these type of changes to on proc traits to encourage more skillful and smarter gameplay.

There are more traits that promote active play. I remember some of them in the professions that I play. Are good for the game and complementary to other type of traits. Having said that, for promote active play, you should offer a trait that worth the effort of activate it on purpose and be, at least, equally valuable than the replaced trait, which in my opinion is not this case. Mutilating Defenses is by far more profitable almost all the time than the new one and sadly for the revenants is a minor trait not avoidable in Devastation line. Expose Defenses will only worth few times when you'll start the combat with/or followed by your elite skills. Probably was designed thinking in the Jade Winds elite. But, how many times do you think you are going to profit it? That skill cost 50 of energy and not always you want to use it offensively. You even could think in make a combo with two elites as opener changing stances, but you must take in account the casting time of the skills, etc. Not practical for what you get.

@"Cynz.9437" said:I introduce you "Improvisation" https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvisation that gets more and more RNG with every new spec because pool of spells that are considered by this trait becomes bigger and bigger. So before HoT you would have something like 20% chance to get your utility recharged. With HoT and PoF it is 16% now. With next elite spec even less. Long reign RnG :/

better off just giving you alacrity on steal, not like it can affect your weapon skills after all. yes you don't get an instant recharge. but at least you don't get rng

@OriOri.8724 said:

@"Cynz.9437" said:I introduce you "Improvisation"
that gets more and more RNG with every new spec because pool of spells that are considered by this trait becomes bigger and bigger. So before HoT you would have something like 20% chance to get your utility recharged. With HoT and PoF it is 16% now. With next elite spec even less. Long reign RnG :/

How do you feel about it having a chance to recharge 1 random utility when you use a stolen item, with a small ICD (small being <5 seconds)? This way you are guaranteed that it benefits you every time. But you also lose the chance to have all 6-0 skills recharged immediately if you choose to chance that and get lucky.

Chance to recharge on use combined with improv would be OP, tbh. Improv allows you to use stolen spell twice in a row (outside of seed because seed is OP somehow kek?). Think about teh consequences. I just wish improv wasn't effected by elite spec.

@Nightmare.1234 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:I introduce you "Improvisation"
that gets more and more RNG with every new spec because pool of spells that are considered by this trait becomes bigger and bigger. So before HoT you would have something like 20% chance to get your utility recharged. With HoT and PoF it is 16% now. With next elite spec even less. Long reign RnG :/

better off just giving you alacrity on steal, not like it can affect your weapon skills after all. yes you don't get an instant recharge. but at least you don't get rng

Chance to recharge on use combined with improv would be OP, tbh. Improv allows you to use stolen spell twice in a row (outside of seed because seed is OP somehow kek?). Think about teh consequences. I just wish improv wasn't effected by elite spec.

Sounds great in pve, kind of bad in pvp/wvw where it can be easily corrupted.

@Cynz.9437 said:

Alacrity isn’t a boon so cannot be corrupted. Depending on the amount of alacrity you just divide the amount of alacrity by 4 to get how much quicker your recharge will be, for example 20s alacrity would take about 5s off all CDs.

@apharma.3741 said:

Alacrity isn’t a boon so cannot be corrupted. Depending on the amount of alacrity you just divide the amount of alacrity by 4 to get how much quicker your recharge will be, for example 20s alacrity would take about 5s off all CDs.

Ah crap, i was thinking about quickness for some reason. Alacrity doesn't sound so bad i guess. On other hand it does affect steal if i recall correctly, not sure if it wouldn't make steal even stronger =.=

@Cynz.9437 said:

Ah crap, i was thinking about quickness for some reason. Alacrity doesn't sound so bad i guess. On other hand it does affect steal if i recall correctly, not sure if it wouldn't make steal even stronger =.=

Yeah it would but alacrity isn’t as strong as it was at HoT launch and you’d be trading the random chance of a high amount of CD reduction for a more uniform reduction across the board so it sort of balances out. I mean it will be a huge nerf for those times when you luck out and get deception skills recharged but the rest of the time it could be a significant buff.

You got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well do you....I can’t finish that quote as I’ll probably get M’d lol.

Archived