The trigger ?

Delweyn.1309

Players who play alone and do a lot of matches have all noticed that there are phases where you win most of your matches, and phases where you lose most of your matches.

In the phase of victory, you are with the best players and often you win with a huge better score. You win like 80% of your matches.In the phase of lose, you are with the worst players and often you lose with a huge bad score. You lose like 80% of your matches.

I made the mistake to continue to play in my loser phase so go down from plat 2 to gold 3 in a single session.

So I would like to share informations about this crappy system, so that we will be able to understand better when the trigger occur.

It seems that afternoon, between 2:00 and 17:00 are phases where you are mostly in the loser phase. But a saturday afternoon I was in a victory phase.

I wonder if the game don't calculte how many wins you get, maybe, in the last 15 or 20 matches, and then the trigger occurs and the game puts you with the worst players.

Do you have more informations about it ?

Yeah, this seems to be a thing...last week i was at Plat T1, a win away from getting to T2...but everything went down hill from that point...I lost like 80% of the matches on that day, placing me between Gold T3/Plat T1...I am aware when I am playing poorly and getting outplayed by my enemies or when I am the weakest link on the team...but that wasnt the case...there were matches were I literaly got all of the possible top stats, i mean, I supported more then our ele and decapped more points that our thief, and even doing all that I did the top damage/rez/kills lol that day i just keep plying just to see how many losses I would get and how low I would be placed...few days later when I started playing again, I got wins till I hitted Plat again...sorry but the matchmaking is clearly not working, yesterday I fought against a top 10 player...how someone with 1800+ rating end up in a match with someone who have 1500+?? Dont need to say that the match was pretty much one sided.I remenber when people used to made up all this conspiracies theories about how anet would have accounts flagged that would get more loot(playiers getting precursors left and right while people who play the game for years never saw a single exotic drop...), I am starting to believe that this might be a thing on sPvP too, might be going full tin foil hat here, but goddamn, its hard not to...

Fot the saturday afternoon where I was "lucky", I played before in non ranked to see how it was. I was good as I won most of my matches. So I try in ranked and it was confirmed. With 1 lose from time to time but mostly wins.

But I'm not sure because I made a big lose (I mean numerous loses in a row) before.

How many times do I have to repeat this for this forum, the problem is not arenanet, they can not do anything because there are bad players, I fall from plat to gold 2 and returning to gold 3, I have never seen so bad players in tier gold as I see now , arenanet needs is to create a system that stops benefiting losers and encouraging them to continue, the person gives up or continues to insist on trying to win.

@Rap Tiger.1257 said:How many times do I have to repeat this for this forum, the problem is not arenanet, they can not do anything because there are bad players, I fall from plat to gold 2 and returning to gold 3, I have never seen so bad players in tier gold as I see now , arenanet needs is to create a system that stops benefiting losers and encouraging them to continue, the person gives up or continues to insist on trying to win.

And you find normal and randomly possible that you play always with the worst players so many times in a row ?

@"Rap Tiger.1257" said:How many times do I have to repeat this for this forum, the problem is not arenanet, they can not do anything because there are bad players, I fall from plat to gold 2 and returning to gold 3, I have never seen so bad players in tier gold as I see now , arenanet needs is to create a system that stops benefiting losers and encouraging them to continue, the person gives up or continues to insist on trying to win.

We all know that are bad/decent/good/ players, what are we saying here is how is possible that some people end up all the time on the losing side...how is possibe that the game stacks all the good/decent players on one side and let all the bad/decent on the other...if its is a "me" problem, i would understand, i would start to lose non stop till hit my skill rating...but how is possible that without any explanation I get a win spike and get place again on higher divisions?? I know people that are way worse then I am, and yet are placed on higher divs and also players who are better then i am and are way below me...you cant deny that are people who are getting carried way beyond their actual skill level and other people who cant progress bacause the game keep giving then impossible to win matches(like put a top10 players on the enemy team...)...matchmaking is not working as it should, more then once i played matches that were a total disaster, and on the next game guess what! The same teams, same people on same sides they were, exactly a copy of the last match lol

@Delweyn.1309 said:

@Rap Tiger.1257 said:How many times do I have to repeat this for this forum, the problem is not arenanet, they can not do anything because there are bad players, I fall from plat to gold 2 and returning to gold 3, I have never seen so bad players in tier gold as I see now , arenanet needs is to create a system that stops benefiting losers and encouraging them to continue, the person gives up or continues to insist on trying to win.

And you find normal and randomly possible that you play always with the worst players so many times in a row ?

Already had to catch the same player 3 times, worse still when this player every time gets afk because he picks up and can not do anything useful ..... are the worst type of players, known as spoiled children.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@"Rap Tiger.1257" said:How many times do I have to repeat this for this forum, the problem is not arenanet, they can not do anything because there are bad players, I fall from plat to gold 2 and returning to gold 3, I have never seen so bad players in tier gold as I see now , arenanet needs is to create a system that stops benefiting losers and encouraging them to continue, the person gives up or continues to insist on trying to win.

We all know that are bad/decent/good/ players, what are we saying here is how is possible that some people end up all the time on the losing side...how is possibe that the game stacks all the good/decent players on one side and let all the bad/decent on the other...if its is a "me" problem, i would understand, i would start to lose non stop till hit my skill rating...but how is possible that without any explanation I get a win spike and get place again on higher divisions?? I know people that are way worse then I am, and yet are placed on higher divs and also players who are better then i am and are way below me...you cant deny that are people who are getting carried way beyond their actual skill level and other people who cant progress bacause the game keep giving then impossible to win matches(like put a top10 players on the enemy team...)...matchmaking is not working as it should, more then once i played matches that were a total disaster, and on the next game guess what! The same teams, same people on same sides they were, exactly a copy of the last match lol

I know how that is, but I'll say that unfortunately the biggest problem is the players, the best ones are up there, I also get one or two, sometimes up to all four players who do not know how to defend a point and try everything zerg, especially when I see 3 or 4 players leave me alone mid to go home ..... this is the situation of gold ... I wonder ... what silver and bronze players should do worse than what gold makes

Archived