The First City instance......just a quick question

Tom.6478

Thanks for reply.....but this is one of those things where 15-20 mins may be a hour and half for some...meaning me.I just did it, and I'm not complaining. At least Anet made it so it can be done even if you don't know what you are doing. It wasn't the fight that was so bad, it was that conduit thing that was hard to master.I don't mind it taking a long time as long as you can get it done even when you are mediocre as I am. I just wanted to make sure I had the time to do it and not having to log off due to other concerns such as needing to go to bed.....lol...

There are checkpoints in the first instance. There aren't always checkpoints, they might be placed incorrectly, and I don't think it tells you when you've reached a checkpoint. Also if you DC from anything you are set back to the last checkpoint, if any. If you change stories you can loose checkpoints.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't tell you when you reach a checkpoint, and not all checkpoints save you from a DC/relog, some are simply used to revive you there and then continue the instance.There is an important checkpoint after the part with Canach's bombs, so if you DC you can continue from there (it's a bit before the last boss).

I agree it would be helpful if the game told you when you'd reached a checkpoint that will save your progress even if you log off.

I did this story step last night and it took me just under 2 hours in total. Firstly because I thought the green star was inside the caverns so I spent ages looking for it, then because I kept having to stop to re-read dialogue that had been playing while I was in combat. I also wanted to explore the city and then it took me a while to work out that I needed to destroy the gates to stop the static attack, and doing that was quite slow because I kept getting caught in them.

All of which is fine, but it added up to a long instance so it would have been helpful to know I could stop if I needed to.

Archived