is greatsword/condi build a thing?

trunks.5249

over 4k matches and saw a build i have never seen before in teir 2 gold ranked. i pvped a trapper ranger useing a great sword . in my mind using a greatsword on a condi build is a waist because you are going to half ass your power/condi dmg . am i wrong in thinking that? or is there a way to make something like that work. has anyone else seen some sort of hybrid build like this before?

Yea pretty much, GS just doesn't synergize well at all with condi setup so you'd experience a massive 10s downtime of condition application from your weapon set directly.

Even with a hybrid build I don't think it would work because hybrid still relies on consistent damage up time through both power and condition damage while also having some variance of survivability as with most builds (this is why I tend to look at defensives 1st when thinking up any build, scenario defensives are a good way to look at it), coefficients are lower on weapons due to having pets so you wouldn't be able to keep a consistent dmg uptime within GS - resulting in less offensive pressure, allowing your enemy(ies) to regain their cooldowns and even worse, go on the offense on you because there is no trade off in doing so.

Traps are pretty bad overall too against skilled players. They really just need to be re-worked entirely.

They probably only use GS for utility. Fast hitting weapons are more favored in hybrid builds so i doubt that the main dmg is coming from GS.

Traps are pretty bad overall too against skilled players. They really just need to be re-worked entirely.

Not entirely but buffed. All should hit 5 targets, duration increase, add more CC to frost, improve trap trait, maybe improve visuals and let throwable traps happen again.Small range would be enough to give it more flexability.

Archived