Hey guys, fresh level 80 with some questions!

Just hit 80 and still have SO much content left to explore, but before I start out on my adventure I've need some answers. First and most important.. what's the best way for me to start gearing my toon for future PVE content?? And Secondly how do mastery points work? It says I unlocked one upon hitting 80 but everything is locked in the mastery tab still.. so confused by this lol

Best way to aquire level 80 gear is to craft some exotics ot to buy them at the tp :) You will take forever trying to loot them with the right stats and weight!

With mastery points you need both the experience and the mastery points. Double click on one of your masteries to start training it and once your xp bar is full you can go to your mastry tab and spend the points you have earned through achievments :)

Are you looking for a power based build? It might be worth looking into Citidel of Flame or Crucible of Eternity dungeons, as you can exchange their tokens for Berserker's armour in Lions Arch. This is a cheap and effective way to get level 80 exotic armour within less than a week - so cheap you're even making a profit! Win.

Fractals of the Mists, or PvP can be a great way to get ascended accessories or armour in a reasonable timeframe. Join a T1 fractal daily run or an unranked match, people really aren't as scary as the forums make them out to be. Mostly.

As for runes, you might want to start searching the TP. Rune of the Scholar is generally accepted as the best rune for power so long as you can keep your health high.

I also suggest you begin with a power focused build - power based gear is very cheap and avalable, while Condi gear can get somewhat expensive.

When you have some laurels and badges of honor you can buy relatively cheap ascended rungs and amulets from the laurel vendor in the WvW starting area. Other ascended items are harder to obtain, but orange/exotic items are nearly as good and much cheaper.

Most information about gear and the Mastery System can also be found on the Guild Wars 2 wiki, made by players, for players.

Archived