dramatic return of pact forces. we want them back

we all know what pact is. seasoned veterans-defeating 2 elder dragons, conqureing: jungle, zombie fallen kingdom u name it. They are the single most powerful force of tyria. At first though they were inexperienced and unsure but now they've seen it all_how to rise from ground, how to gather allies, how to commando assault an elder dragon ETC. It would be a great waste to forget/let go of them. WE WANT THEM BACK. i know they are recovering, i know the priority to kill elder dragons no more exists but we need them for upcoming storms. we want pact force's dramatic entrance. for example : dragons watch is getting hammered by an enemy(ANYTHING)...the pact fleet join the fight and stormtroop the enemy [like that :)] . Though pact's primary goal is to kill EDs, now with the change of scenery, change pact's goal too. we want,,i want pact metas like noble ledges, pale reaver.... i love those people from pact.. I love pactSorry for bad english

Correction: The Pact WERE the most powerful force on Tyria. The Pact was thrown into turmoil at the end of HoT, hence why they haven't been all that prominent as of late. With the absence of Traehearne, I've noticed the Vigil and Priory seem to act independently (with the Order of Whispers nowhere to be seen). This might indicate some in-fighting within the Pact, one of the reasons why I think Aldmorah made it her personal mission to find a new Pact Marshal ASAP.

I get the feeling that after Logan gets things back in order, the Pact should become important in the story once again.

It sounds like you're already getting your wish. At the end of Episode 4 Rytlock says he's going to contact Logan so the Pact knows what's going on and can help. They're not going to swoop in and save everyone by wiping out the enemy - because players tend to get upset if anyone except the player character defeats the enemy - but they'll be there to help.

Also minor complaint - you say "we" want them back, but you don't say who 'we' is. If you don't specify it makes it look like you're speaking for all GW2 players, and since you didn't ask all of us you can't possibly know what we think. Some people may be happy to finally get stories that don't involve the Pact and were looking forward to seeing Dragon's Watch doing their own thing. If you're just giving your own opinion you should say so - it doesn't make your request look weaker, it makes it look more realistic and reasonably stated.

I actually can't wait to see Logan's return. The Logan - Rytlock Bromance meeting the Canach - Rytlock bromance would be epic. Let's lock Canach and Logan in a room and have them share Rytlock stories! I also wonder what uniform he'll wear. Trahearne never took up a uniform and used his Dryad armor from before he became marshall, but that was never a uniform or something in Sylvari culture. Logan is using the seraph armor, which would not make sense to keep in the position of leading a new organisation. The pact members, afaik, kept their order armor.

Yeah, honestly my preferred ending to PoF would have been leaving Joko behind in the Domain of the Lost, him swearing vengeance because you wouldn't let him free. And then as you're about to fight insurmountable odds and probably get killed a second time, the Pact comes flying in the middle of the brandstorm and starts beating down the Forged from behind.

None of that Awakened nonsense. Just a good ol', back-to-their-roots Dragons v. Forged v. Pact.

But oh well. ANet went the direction they wanted to.

@Westenev.5289 said:Correction: The Pact WERE the most powerful force on Tyria. The Pact was thrown into turmoil at the end of HoT, hence why they haven't been all that prominent as of late. With the absence of Traehearne, I've noticed the Vigil and Priory seem to act independently (with the Order of Whispers nowhere to be seen). This might indicate some in-fighting within the Pact, one of the reasons why I think Aldmorah made it her personal mission to find a new Pact Marshal ASAP.

I get the feeling that after Logan gets things back in order, the Pact should become important in the story once again.

Yea I kinda liked the pact a lot, because it gave a real sense of having an army behind you, of fighting a war. Even though LWS3 and PoF story were way ahead of HoT (which I still thought was really good), and way way ahead of PS, you don't get that same feeling of fighting a war, because there's no army. You're just a small strike force. An incredibly deadly one sure, but that's all you are.

@"Westenev.5289" said:(with the Order of Whispers nowhere to be seen).

Shadows Agent Kito would like to speak to you about the Order of Shadows.

The Order of Shadows is a splinter faction of the Order of Whispers. ...The Order of Shadows broke off from the Order of Whispers, believing Palawa Joko to be a bigger threat than the Elder Dragons.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Westenev.5289" said:(with the Order of Whispers nowhere to be seen).

would like to speak to you about the

The Order of Shadows is a splinter faction of the Order of Whispers. ...The Order of Shadows broke off from the Order of Whispers, believing Palawa Joko to be a bigger threat than the Elder Dragons.

Splinter factions typically work independently of the parent, and likely broke off prior to the establishment of the Pact (Ergo, Logan Thackeray likely isn’t on their chain of command) - which is why I failed to mention them. That isn't to say that there aren't connections between the orders - personally, I think it would be foolish for either intelligence agency to completely disregard either threat... not to mention, Agent Kito had full breifings about the former Pact Commander, indicating there must be some medium of communication between Tyria and Elonia.

Archived