Legendary Footfalls + Binding of Ipos suggestion

Hi,I just made the Binding of Ipos recently so I thought I'd throw in a few suggestions from my observations.

For Legendary Footfalls in general:Currently it seems like if you have both mainhand and offhand legendaries you will only get the footfall for the mainhand legenary. It would be good if we can have both active at same time but not stacked on top of each other. Like when the character land with the right foot display the footfall for the main hand legendary and when the character land with the left foot display the footfall for the offhand legendary.

And as for the Binding of Ipos:Would like more special animation in general. I have this one my Mesmer. Only the focus 5 got special animation. It would be good if we can have a dark purple line on the focus 4 skill instead of the standard white line that you get with any regular focus. And then when you press focus 4 a 2nd time would like a dark purple animation that collapses towards the centre of that focus pull. This will keep in line with the dark purple theme of this new legendary focus.

What do you guys think?

I completely agree, though the discussions I've seen so far on footfall issues indicated that the Devs had given us some reason to believe that it was a bit of a resource heavy endeavor to make the footfalls swap if we have 2 equipped. I think something to do with what they wanted footfalls to look like for the Shining Blade? I would love to have the Binding's footfalls seen (when I finally get it made), but my Bolt's going to overwrite it.

I've also made the Binding of Ipos (gorgeous weapon btw, Anet), and I would be OK with just being able to ACTIVELY SELECT which footfalls are used when I have both a Main-hand and an Off-hand Legendary equipped, i.e. - the Shining Blade and the Binding of Ipos, which I use on my Guard.

As it stands now and has been from the beginning... the Main-hand's footfalls trump the Off-hand's if you have two Legedaries equipped... ALWAYS. And this is most unfortunate, because it limits a toon's ability to really show off his/her Shinies :sunglasses: the way they might like. So we're forced to use a non-legendary weapon in the main hand (i.e. Save the Queen), even if we've crafted and have the Legendary (i.e. the Shining Blade), just so we can have the footfalls of the Off-hand legendary (i.e. the Binding of Ipos). Maybe this was a really rare situation years ago, but as the years have gone by, players have worked and achieved having many legendary weapons (and other legendary things including armors and trinkets). :smiley:

ANET, I think it would be great to expand our ability to choose which footfalls are displayed when equipping TWO Legendary weapons: Main-hand AND/OR Off-hand. (As you said, Squallaus, having an option of using BOTH footfalls would also be a VERY NICE.)

Choices are GOOD! :+1:Thank you! :)

@squallaus.8321 said:For Legendary Footfalls in general:Currently it seems like if you have both mainhand and offhand legendaries you will only get the footfall for the mainhand legenary. It would be good if we can have both active at same time but not stacked on top of each other. Like when the character land with the right foot display the footfall for the main hand legendary and when the character land with the left foot display the footfall for the offhand legendary.

JUST THIS !

Archived