Outfits and Headgear/Shoulders/Gloves

Wuffy.9732

I get that outfits are a one-wear all attire for toons. But what if I want to show a different piece of Head, Shoulders, and Glove gear rather than the outfit specific gear. Some outfits don't even have head pieces equiped E.g: Ancestral/Noble Count Outfit. I'm all for originality when it comes to the Fashion Wars meta. Can we possibly see a feature where these pieces of armor will be allowed to be made visible on outfits as well?

Any thoughts and suggestions?

That's not a bad idea either, but I think my suggestion would be easier. Outfits can be worn on any class, where regular armor would need to be specific class specific. Besides, I like outfits the way they are. But I also think allowing personal headgear, shouldergear, and glovegear to be visible while wearing outfits should be optional as well.

I agree with this, and I'd say this is a slightly distinct request/idea to the one linked above. The post in the link is requesting that all outfits be split up into costume pieces, which, as has been pointed out in that thread, is a pretty big undertaking in terms of design and programming and would essentially drive the cost of outfits way up. It's a pretty fantastical idea which, while lovely in terms of customisation, is much more time and money to implement than it's actually worth to ANet.

This, on the other hand, is simply requesting that the headgear, shoulders and gloves (which on some outfits are already toggleable) allow the ability to show a different one in their place. I think for it to be practical it would have to work with how they are currently designed (ie, if the outfit can't have the gloves hidden already, you can't use different gloves) and then future outfits could be made to allow for it.

I can imagine it working by just adding toggle boxes - like we already have in the wardobe - to the outfit screen. Currently, the box on your wardrobe screen toggles ALL headgear, shoulders and gloves where possible. If there were additional boxes on the outfit screen to show what parts of the outfit can be hidden, then one could tick the 'hide' box on your outfit but not on your wardrobe - for example, hiding your outfit headgear but not your armour one would result in your armour headgear showing with the rest of your outfit. Ticking both would show your head as it does now.

The way I see it, compared to the idea being linked to above this would be: a) Workable without having to retroactively change how outfits work b) Fairly easy to implement (I'm no programmer, but most of the functionality is already there) and c) Potentially more profitable for ANet - there are several outfits and gemstore skins that would go wonderfully well together, but, since you can't do that, people may end up buying neither the outfit nor the headgear/gloves. This way, they buy both.

What I would like is simply if you de-select showing the head/shoulder/glove gear of the outfit, you should be able to instead show the one you're wearing 'underneath'. I'm not sure how viable that is, but it would be nice. Almost always, the only problem I have with an outfit is that I want a different head gear option (like one of my tophats, goggles, etc.). I guess this is the same as what you're saying.

@"Manpag.6421" said:I can imagine it working by just adding toggle boxes - like we already have in the wardobe - to the outfit screen. Currently, the box on your wardrobe screen toggles ALL headgear, shoulders and gloves where possible. If there were additional boxes on the outfit screen to show what parts of the outfit can be hidden, then one could tick the 'hide' box on your outfit but not on your wardrobe - for example, hiding your outfit headgear but not your armour one would result in your armour headgear showing with the rest of your outfit. Ticking both would show your head as it does now.

Thanks for the reply! That's precisely what I had in mind too. It seems possible since we have an option to disable headgear on outfits. Anet would just simply program some lines of code to make regular gear "re-appear" with a separate toggle box while wearing outfits. But it might not be as easy as it sounds (I have low programming experience myself). However, it that is possible and can be done, why not?

Archived