Which of these "impossible" changes to the game would you pick? (Part 2) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which of these "impossible" changes to the game would you pick? (Part 2)

Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 8, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

In the spirit of the holidays, the GW 2 Genie is feeling quite generous and is willing to grant another set of changes to GW 2 that would otherwise be impossible or unlikely to ever happen in GW 2. You can only pick one.

What do you choose?

*GW 2 Genie's previous set of changes offered:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19675/which-of-these-impossible-changes-to-the-game-would-you-pick/p1

*****Meant to say "ALL PvE content" for this one:
Legendary armor is no longer only available through raids but through PvE content as well

Which of these "impossible" changes to the game would you pick? (Part 2) 124 votes

GW 1 remastered to GW 2 graphics and upgraded with only the mechanics you like from GW 2
14%
IndigoSundown.5419Inculpatus cedo.9234Mirai Okumori.6205Coulter.2315Aeolus.3615TheDarkest.4567Chay.7852Exemplar.1479Dovienya.6597Ok I Did It.2854Keitaro Dragonheart.9047Carlin Sanders.3587rohbroy.5736TubaOtaku.5140Hellride.6571Matze.9760Mikali.9651Rancor Chiron.6178 18 votes
The Dervish, Paragon, and other GW 1 Professions now playable in GW 2
9%
UnbentMars.9126Tachenon.5270Erasculio.2914Alga.6498gilgamesh.1694Valiant.5078Gemnaid.4219nighthawke.3075Dreamy Lu.3865Vanity Flare.8539Levi M.7428saladfingers.4317 12 votes
Legendary armor is no longer only available through raids but through PvE content as well
16%
Fenom.9457Curunen.8729Hevoskuuri.3891Conncept.7638Sarge shot Grif.6450Ohoni.6057Kitty.6219MidnightX.6294sokeenoppa.5384Eclipse.6203Zenli.3684Veprovina.4876jwaz.1908Zeefa.3915Makuragee.3058Polarfairy.8046Edelweiss.4261Lexi.1398Chamelion.9536RICOH.6280 21 votes
Season 1 of Living World remastered and made playable for free
19%
Ariurotl.3718nottsgman.8206BunjiKugashira.9754Ulion.5476Wizler.8192Mastermavrick.2439BlueBudgie.2179grevinnatosseri.2053regilyor.3152Xstein.2187Sarrs.4831Lunarlife.5128Andyx.3985Ayakaru.6583Sphinx.8014snowstreaker.9281Neutra.6857zombyturtle.5980Lunateric.3708qbalrog.8017 24 votes
ArenaNet buys state-of-the-art new server systems making lag and disconnects obsolete
8%
maddoctor.2738Dashingsteel.3410Rauderi.8706Robban.1256Fjaeldmark.9043yoni.7015kta.6502Kramfors.8651Joe Schmoe.9358Zenral.3958 10 votes
Medium armor finally gets something other than trench coats
12%
Seaunicorn.9317Arioch.6507Karmapolice.4193Asztarte.2957Haleydawn.3764Ashen.2907Ameepa.6793Lightbringer.5860mbhalo.1547hash.8462dragonkain.3984VaaCrow.3076Glacial.9516CptAurellian.9537Elspereth.1280 15 votes
Ability to salvage Legendary Items
0%
Braham killed off (genie offering this again cuz he knows it’s a hot choice )
6%
Solori.6025Eros.6801Dadnir.5038EruWan.4362Kaizok.7839nissart.6195Rembar.7298SQUASHer.4698 8 votes
A tier of item stats higher than ascended and legendary
1%
Malediktus.9250STIHL.2489 2 votes
Wardrobe now gives unlimited skin transmutation without the need of transmutation charges
11%
Lpfan.3578meeflak.9714Ceridwen.6703Cyrin.1035Zin Dau.1749Demented Yak.6105Elmo Benchwarmer.3025ananda.5946Biziut.3594Adry.7512Oldirtbeard.9834Zionka.6897Vynull.9512Mahou.3924 14 votes

Comments

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    ArenaNet buys state-of-the-art new server systems making lag and disconnects obsolete

Arenanet uses alien technology on the servers so everyone plays with 0 ping and no lag

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭
    Wardrobe now gives unlimited skin transmutation without the need of transmutation charges

I need Diablo 3-type transmogrification please.

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

You forgot the option to have Power Reaper made Meta for PVE forever.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is a tough one, because I also like the "no Transmutation charges," better medium armor options, and a dead Braham.

• Mastermavrick.2439Mastermavrick.2439 Member ✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

Even thou i was there for it season 1 is my choice. Would help people get to know and better understand how/why we have them as companions. Because for most new players/returnee's they are just a random addition with no build up towards them being our companions. Would also love to be able to do some of the old bosses/events since they were fun as hell (and maybe get achivs i missed).

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cyrin.1035 said:
    I need Diablo 3-type transmogrification please.

I was saying in an other thread, they should just bring the PvP system over to PvE, make it so you can just stat-swap using amulets rather than armor, and then just let people choose whichever skins they like out of the wardrobe at will.

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

GW 1 remastered to GW 2 graphics and upgraded with only the mechanics you like from GW 2

Question. Would I be able to get my Black Widow Spider Pet in GW2 if I played this version? I never played GW1 but I want the Black Widow Pet.

Ritualist? I want Ritualist.

Bah-humbug. I would transmutate it anyway.

I don't even care if I have to pay. I want to play Season 1.

Okay now THIS is 100% impossible so I don't even vote for it.

What about the "holeiffic" selections on Light Armour? I need pants too on Light Armour!

Ability to salvage Legendary Items

Wait... you can't?

Only if Taimi is in the choice too.

No. No no no. No. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NOO! NO!!!! NO! NO! BAD DJINN! BAD! NO!

Have almost 300 of the bloody things.

• Ceridwen.6703Ceridwen.6703 Member ✭✭✭

I actually like quite a few of these options, but the swapping looks for free would be awesome. My other picks would be medium armour gets something other than trenchcoats and Anet acquiring new servers. :D

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Steve R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

• nottsgman.8206nottsgman.8206 Member ✭✭✭

I'd like s1, even if it wasn't free

70 'mains' and waiting for more slots
    | 61 Asura | 6 Charr | 1 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

• Lunarlife.5128Lunarlife.5128 Member ✭✭✭

Transmutation charges for some reason give me the feeling of more value in my appearance.

I'd just like more new content since things are overall pretty awesome as is.

• EruWan.4362EruWan.4362 Member ✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

The Red Queen turned crimson with fury, and, after glaring at him for a moment like a wild beast, screamed
    'OFF WITH HIS HEAD, OFF!!!-'

• Ariurotl.3718Ariurotl.3718 Member ✭✭✭

I voted for LWS1 but the "free" clause is something I don't agree with. I am absolutely fine with ANet charging for it, in fact I'd prefer them to charge for it cause that'd both give them more motivation to make it and set higher expectations from the playerbase than a free update would.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ariurotl.3718 said:
    I voted for LWS1 but the "free" clause is something I don't agree with. I am absolutely fine with ANet charging for it, in fact I'd prefer them to charge for it cause that'd both give them more motivation to make it and set higher expectations from the playerbase than a free update would.

Well they could charge the same with Seasons 2, 3 and 4, for those not there when they were released.

• ArenaNet buys state-of-the-art new server systems making lag and disconnects obsolete

The one where Arenanet upgrades their servers so there's no lag. I stream this game with "only" an entry-level gaming comp that can barely play the game as it is (I have to have all the graphics settings at the lowest). Upgrading the servers could really help.

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I can always keep hoping :sweat:

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

Other: the ability to dye backpacks

• Season 1 of Living World remastered and made playable for free

I started playing shortly after the conclusion for LWS1 so most of my time spent with LWS2 involved constantly asking myself if I should know what was going on. The fact that I've still never been able to experience Scarlet's story outside of watching plot summary videos is a big disappointment.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

My choice is rooted in the fact that I was locked out of the game for a good 5 minutes because the server didn't want to connect, and nigh-daily disconnects at random times. :skull:

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

Again you failed to provide the option for "None", there should always be the option to choose absolutely nothing.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Mahou.3924Mahou.3924 Member ✭✭✭

@Zaklex.6308 said:
    Again you failed to provide the option for "None", there should always be the option to choose absolutely nothing.

But you chose nothing by not selecting an option from the list. If there were an option, you would have chosen an option, even if that one was "nothing".

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

Implying raids aren't PvE content?

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭

Yes please!

• The Dervish, Paragon, and other GW 1 Professions now playable in GW 2

If I can't get a bard class I'd settle for ritualist. Necro just isn't fun for me as a summoning class, that green skill motif ick.

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

I was tempted by coats.

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭

Its a toss up between getting legendary armor in PvE outside of raids and getting LS1 in a replayable variant... I would be ok with paying for the replayable LS1 since I realise it would be a lot of work to do outside of the current seasons and expansions.

GW1 remastered makes no sense to me... it was/is a great game and I loved my time in that game... and I love my time in GW2, which is also a great game, even if quite different.

Can't say I would not like old professions returning, but it's hardly anything I care much about.... but then I don't care about playing new professions, because it does not add anything to why I play (story, exploration).

Would love some more not trenchcoat medium armor, I really really would... but I do have a look I really like so not as pressing for me... atm.

What is it with people and wanting to kill off characters they don't like? I really don't get it.... I mean I get people may dislike certain characters... Braham certainly isn't on my most beloved characters list. But I don't get the need to kill those characters.

A higher tier than ascended or legendary? No... nononono. Absolutely no.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wow, Braham dodged a bullet yet again.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Medium armor being a closeish second because I desperately want more variety

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Because the real blocker for many is getting a group that treat you like a real human with realistic expectations and such

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

this was an easy choice

• Season 1 of Living World remastered and made playable for free

Even if we have to pay for it, I'd like living world season 1 to be re-playable. There are things in HOT that make no sense if you haven't played season 1 or 2 before and you have to out source in order to find out what happened in season 1.

• STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

But only if they put it in Old School style. with spawn camps, and Kill Stealing.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

• Legendary armor is no longer only available through raids but through PvE content as well

I so want legendary armor outside of raids! I know it's a difficult exclusive thing to get and it should be but I am more than willing to travel the world, doing endless and expensive collections if that's what it takes. I just can't raid, it's too stressful!

You don't win friends with salad!

• Tachenon.5270Tachenon.5270 Member ✭✭✭

Tough choice. Almost went for option 1, but really, Guild Wars doesn't need better graphics, and there are no GW2 mechanics I'd want there, beyond the ability to jump. No jumping puzzles! No, no, none of that. Just to be able to hit the space bar as your character is walking along, and have them do a happy little jump. That's all I would add.

But!

If the GW2 Genie offered to grant renewed Guild Wars development, bringing new campaigns set in previously unknown regions where no dragon wing ever flapped and dancing for cows would result in assorted points and laughs from onlookers, I'd be all over that.

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Read to the end of the original post ;)

• Nilson.9865Nilson.9865 Member ✭✭✭
    • Change Rox to Choya Pinata
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.