Permanent Istan chest cap?

Locce.8405

How long does it usually take for the Istan supply chest cap to reset? The daily reset did not seem to do the trick. After I had done all my dailies and participated in a Great Hall attack the chests still registered as already opened. And when I just participated in the Great Hall again the supply chests were still opened. Getting locked out of event rewards for a day or so seems quite unfair to say the least, so I guess this is not working as intended.

@Locce.8405 said:How long does it usually take for the Istan supply chest cap to reset? The daily reset did not seem to do the trick. After I had done all my dailies and participated in a Great Hall attack the chests still registered as already opened. And when I just participated in the Great Hall again the supply chests were still opened. Getting locked out of event rewards for a day or so seems quite unfair to say the least, so I guess this is not working as intended.

That wasn't a cap. That was a timer. I believe the intent is to limit how many times a chest can be opened per assault and I suspect that the implementation is wonky.

Based on my limited testing and reading the experiences of several others, it seems to work like this:

• The first time you open, there's a cooldown before they open again of approximately 8-10 minutes.
  • That cooldown persists for the character until that much time has elapsed for that character while in Istan during the period in which the chest is open.

As an example, you join the assault as soon as you enter the map, open the first set of chests, continue to destroy the fountains and open those chests, and as soon as the fight with Amala begins, your two-year old spills her juice and off you go. You don't get a chance to return to Istan on that character for 3 days and again, as soon as you do, you join the assault. And, ouch, the chests show as already-open for you.

In effect, the cooldown hasn't had time to expire. You'll see if you continue on to Amala that around the time of her defeat (the first recent time for you on that toon), the pre-Amala chests will become available for you, i.e. the cooldown has finally expired.

tl;dr there's a cooldown on the chests; you can only open them every 8-10 minutes of elapsed time for the particular character (and I suspect the timer only works while the relevant event in the meta-chain is active).

@Linken.6345 said:wasent it 35 for each character 60 total over 1 hour?That doesn't seem consistent with my experience and that of others with whom I've spoken. I'll try counting next time, since I could well be wrong.

I don't do the meta often enough to hit 35 within the same hour. I think there might be 17 that spawn in the GH: I've been able to loot each twice the first time (putting me at ~34) and then well over an hour later (on the same character), I'm not able to loot at first, but can eventually do so, at around 8-10 minutes after each chest appears, looking just at time elapsed during the event.

Similarly, a guidie hadn't been in game for 48 hours and the first time at the great hall, the chests showed as 'already open', even though the guildie could not have possibly hit the hourly or 24-hourly cap.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Linken.6345 said:wasent it 35 for each character 60 total over 1 hour?That doesn't seem consistent with my experience and that of others with whom I've spoken. I'll try counting next time, since I could well be wrong.

I don't do the meta often enough to hit 35 within the same hour. I think there might be 17 that spawn in the GH: I've been able to loot each twice the first time (putting me at ~34) and then well over an hour later (on the same character), I'm not able to loot at first, but can eventually do so, at around 8-10 minutes after each chest appears, looking just at time elapsed during the event.

Similarly, a guidie hadn't been in game for 48 hours and the first time at the great hall, the chests showed as 'already open', even though the guildie could not have possibly hit the hourly or 24-hourly cap.

Where are you getting other other 3?2 after breaking down the door2 after clearing the courtyard4 after killing the captain4 after amala

If you are counting the multiple looting attempts then you can go up to at least 20.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Where are you getting other other 3?2 after breaking down the door2 after clearing the courtyard4 after killing the captain4 after amala

If you are counting the multiple looting attempts then you can go up to at least 20.

Two more after the fountains. Only two after the captain.

Yeah, that does not sound normal at all. I was just now able to loot chests in Palawadan again, more than 24 hours after last looting anything in Istan with that character and maybe 20 hours after last looting anything in Istan with any character on my account. Maybe it only counts time spent online in Istan or something like that. That could conceivably work. Or it was the precursor drop that broke it. If so, I will know. Just got another one. :smirk:

That would be somewhat consistent with this day's experience.Istan is one of those maps that I only visit for a couple of minutes and look if anything is going on. And if there is a meta event about to begin or already underway I join in, naturally. After that I leave again for other maps since as fun as the metas are I find Istan to be an absolutely dreadful map to roam randomly. (Too many mobs that aggro in bunches just about everywhere that is not the Astralarium. Fly-over-country basically. ^^)So, if it is as it seems for me and the countdown does not reset while I do other things somewhere else, it could indeed be that the game treats me like an alleged multi-looter when I pop into Istan the next time during or just before a meta event, even if it is many hours after my last visit. That is not good at all.

Archived