Condi is destroying the game.

Zenral.3958

It has even begun to leak into PvE where even the ordinary Awakening in Istan can dot you to death a spell or two. So what do you think, has condi grown out of control now and should finally be addressed, or should Anet continue buffing it like they've done since they pretty much released the game?

The upcoming balance patch ia toning it down a bit. In fact I think they're finally making condi what it should of been in the first place. Damage that ramps up over time, not large bursts. However, I don't understand the general perception of condi damage to begin with, why does it matter where the damage is coming ? It's all just numbers either way you look at it.

eventhough condition damage focused playstyle is really fun and most of my raid character is geared for condi damage, it is really unfun if you are the victim of condi itself, I understand if boss like Mai Trin in fractal inflict painful bleeding stack she was the end boss and legendary ranked, but I just dont understand a veteran awakened mobs able to one shot me to dead with condi, as for condi meta situation in pvp, i'm an average player looking to play for fun in pvp and I died in a matter of 3 seconds because of the condi burst scourge and mirage inflict on me, it was unranked and my choice of gear, spec, skill and runes were supposed to make me tanky and yet I died too quickly because of the condi, just 2 matches after a long time and I said goodbye to pvp and back to pve. i remember i had fun in pvp back then when condi werent this strong, just my 2 cent though.

@"BrokenGlass.9356" said:Where did you hear they are toning it down?

I think he is referring to https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19600/upcoming-wintersday-balance-update#latestWhich sounds more to me to be a tradeoff for longer lasting condi's that are less harsh. It still requires condition removal, but you got more time to do so before you are out.

@Dethh.4620 said:The upcoming balance patch ia toning it down a bit. In fact I think they're finally making condi what it should of been in the first place. Damage that ramps up over time, not large bursts. However, I don't understand the general perception of condi damage to begin with, why does it matter where the damage is coming ? It's all just numbers either way you look at it.

Yep, I don't personally feel like there's any difference between being two shot by power attacks or being two shot by condition applying attacks. Apart from the fact that the conditions take longer to actually kill you, of course. Everyone needs a villain, I suppose.

Long debilitating conditions like long cripples or long immobilises are far more annoying for me.

This is a complete non-issue in PvE, you dont even need to run any cleansing. Compared to WvW, mobs dont have anywhere near the condi pressure of even the dumbest of condi scourges and we fight them 50% of the time. A WvW build literally laughs at PvE condi, both in application and cleansing. Its PvErs own choice to be such weaklings.

I personally don't see any problem with the mobs in Istan, even the Veteran Mordant Crescent Arbiters. Yes they stack a lot of conditions on you, but this just means you have to bring a little more cleansing in your kit. Really though I consider this a good thing as it brings PvE and PvP closer, making it easier to crossover from 1 to the other.

yeah, i feel like in the power meta, at least in pvp I had to watch out and dodge, block, evade or whatever a couple of strong spikes, but i had enough defenses as long as i payed attention and played well. With the condi meta there are so many applications of conditions that its not a matter of avoiding a couple of spikes/combos because they don't end. one can only cleanse so many conditions when there almost seems like no down time between these condition applications. In general, that last statement is what conditions are supposed to be about, unrelenting DoT that will eventually win out. But there is too much spike damage. Builds should be either condi spikes, or continuous condi dps, but it seems the top condi builds have both. Hopefully they fix this a bit. Bring some power builds into the meta that require timing and more technical skill.

@Gulesave.5073 said:The whole thing about conditions is that they can be cleansed before they do most of their damage. So, ya know...bring some cleansing. Maybe resistance if you've got it.

If you don't like needing to adapt your build to what's thrown at you, wow, you would hate GW1.

I wouldn't address this if the condi-cleansing skills were sufficent enough to grant me at the very least a chance to counter the attack, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, I can't literally play certain classes due to this.

@Dethh.4620 said:The upcoming balance patch ia toning it down a bit. In fact I think they're finally making condi what it should of been in the first place. Damage that ramps up over time, not large bursts. However, I don't understand the general perception of condi damage to begin with, why does it matter where the damage is coming ? It's all just numbers either way you look at it.

A sword that doesn´t hit you, deals no damage (if the range is not bugged like it usually is)An icon right to your health-bar can damage you, wether a weapon hits you perpetually or not, which makes it kinda odd.

@Dawdler.8521 said:This is a complete non-issue in PvE, you dont even need to run any cleansing. Compared to WvW, mobs dont have anywhere near the condi pressure of even the dumbest of condi scourges and we fight them 50% of the time. A WvW build literally laughs at PvE condi, both in application and cleansing. Its PvErs own choice to be such weaklings.

Such trash statements won't help ANYONE.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

A sword that doesn´t hit you, deals no damage (if the range is not bugged like it usually is)An icon right to your health-bar can damage you, wether a weapon hits you perpetually or not, which makes it kinda odd.Ah, but an attack that doesn't hit you won't cause that icon to appear. And if it hits, it won't cause more damage than if you were hit by a power attack. It's just that in case of the power attack all the damage is instant, while condis will keep ticking for a few seconds before they cause their full damage payload, giving you time to prevent some of it.

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Honestly, the changes coming in that winter's day patch look great.

Now if they'd make enemies in PvE cast boons on themselves, and apply conditions... So that you require some of those pvp survival traits and cleanses.... THEN, we'd be onto something.

They do. I've noticed a lot of various enemies, such as awakened, cast boons on themselves, like protection, when hitting them with ranged attacks or just generally attacking them. On top of some of them putting conditions on me.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Honestly, the changes coming in that winter's day patch look great.

Now if they'd make enemies in PvE cast boons on themselves, and apply conditions... So that you require some of those pvp survival traits and cleanses.... THEN, we'd be onto something.

They do. I've noticed a lot of various enemies, such as awakened, cast boons on themselves, like protection, when hitting them with ranged attacks or just generally attacking them. On top of some of them putting conditions on me.

That's a start... But I haven't felt the need to include boon stripping or cleanse in my pve builds.... So they could ramp it up.

@Mahou.3924 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:This is a complete non-issue in PvE, you dont even need to run any cleansing. Compared to WvW, mobs dont have anywhere
near
the condi pressure of even the dumbest of condi scourges and we fight them 50% of the time.
A WvW build literally laughs at PvE condi, both in application and cleansing. Its PvErs own choice to be such weaklings.

Such trash statements won't help ANYONE.

It's pretty simple. Modern WvW tactic is to just bring every cleanse that can pretty much be selected without completely butchering your build concept. Conditions are so potent it's more worthwhile to bring cleanses than stunbreaks because usually the DoT kills so quickly there's no point in breaking the CC as it is.

By WvW standards, if that means a 30% loss in damage for three or four more cleanses, it's worth it most of the time.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Yep, I don't personally feel like there's any difference between being two shot by power attacks or being two shot by condition applying attacks. Apart from the fact that the conditions take longer to actually kill you, of course. Everyone needs a villain, I suppose.

Long debilitating conditions like long cripples or long immobilises are far more annoying for me.

I'll tell you the difference: Condi users are usually MUCH tankier and sacrifice less to achieve that level of burst damage. A DoT build should NEVER BURST. It's one of the things they are supposed to sacrifice.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Condition does not take longer to kill you :p. Plus you shouldn't be able to hit like truck with power and condition. Its one or the other.The other problem is, unless you're designed to to remove condi, you don't have a chance. The power creep is real. Toughness and vitality need to start scaling with it too

@Astralporing.1957 said:

A sword that doesn´t hit you, deals no damage (if the range is not bugged like it usually is)An icon right to your health-bar can damage you, wether a weapon hits you perpetually or not, which makes it kinda odd.Ah, but an attack that doesn't hit you won't cause that icon to appear. And if it hits, it won't cause more damage than if you were hit by a power attack. It's just that in case of the power attack all the damage is instant, while condis will keep ticking for a few seconds before they cause their full damage payload, giving you time to prevent some of it.

I mean hitting literally, if I swing my scepter, I don´t hit my opponent, if a necro raises his hand to cast, he doesn´t hit his opponent.What I mean is, that it feels odd when invisible actions cause damage.You can see the arrow, you can see the sword, for me personally it is strange that something that you can´t really see, causes so much damage.

Probably I can´t describe the problem I have with conditions, maybe the next patch solves one major issue, that conditions can deal overall more damage in a few seconds than power can. (Exceptions are possible but aberrations verify the rule)

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@"BrokenGlass.9356" said:Where did you hear they are toning it down?

I think he is referring to
Which sounds more to me to be a tradeoff for longer lasting condi's that are less harsh. It still requires condition removal, but you got more time to do so before you are out.

unfortunately this change wont do much. Granted, the condi bomb is ridiculus right now, but the main culprit of that are zergs in wvw spamming aoe condi's like its candy on halloween. Until they address some skills/classes that can apply multiple condis instantly at once, and with little to no cooldowns (eg. condi mez and scourge) and the boon corruption into 7 different conditions, its not going to do much. Condi clears cannot keep up, in wvw, in pve, etc.

Archived