Balance Changes Coming

Aridon.8362

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah looks like they are nerfing condi to the ground (from the notes they have provided so far)

I say this because of 2 things.

1. necros and every other class that has a condi burst, has to have that burst to make them viable in WvW and PvP... i mean come on.. if we have to ramp up our damage like we did back in vanilla, then there is no way we can be compeditive in these areas with all the interupts, spell breaking bubbles and condi clears the game has since HoT and PoF.

2. This will lead to only two things happening. Every caster class they relies on condi burst and dot damage will be shunned from raids and zergs in favor of direct damage classes like hammer guards and rangers (which feels odd even saying again these days)

if you do take away our "burst" damage (which wasnt even burst condi.. it is the small burst of damage we had on skill activation, but i feel this is what is getting nerfed and not the actual condi stacks) can we at least get the change to shroud reversed so that reaper power class is at least viable again. As it stands now with 67% drain over the orginal concept it is unplayable.. and that is the reason for this whole patch, because all reapers were forced into condi scourge to begin with.

Finally, necros will learn to play to kill a target instead of spamming 8 different condis in 1 sec. For me, necro will always be an overpowered class as long you can apply that many conditions in 1 or 2 sec, so stop crying guys.Condi damage is breaking sPvP and WvW, that's a fact, i have 2 legend titles as elementalist(Play ele since launch) and can't imagine how a melee class can survive such spam if as an sword/dagger weaver or auramancer tempest can barely do it. Also i think wvw commanders will use more scourges to compensate the first of many nerfs to condi damage, and in SPVP teams will use 2+ nec for the same purpose. No hate.

@Rennie.6750 said:Condi is dead, that's really sad. Power meta is far less fun and interesting since there's basically no counters and it comes with a very strong first strike advantage.

It might be a bit premature to mourn the death of condi... they're just extending the delivery time a bit so that clears have a chance to be useful again. And if your counter to power needs to be an overwhelming burst of impairment and damage conditions then you're saying you need to bring a gun to a fist fight.

@Vag.5682 said:o look people are loosing their insta win buttons and start the crying already. How typical

Instant win? Do you even know what you're talking about? Conditions have clear, abundant and easily accessible counters, even under stunned conditions. Power does not. Really, please educate yourself before spouting such pretentious nonsense.

@Rennie.6750 said:Condi is dead, that's really sad. Power meta is far less fun and interesting since there's basically no counters and it comes with a very strong first strike advantage.

Its not sad at all, mindlessly pressing buttons to spam the hell out of conditions on something isnt fun, isnt interesting and its annoying as hell to fight against. Having to spend half the fight removing mindlessly applied conditions which have a MUCH lower cool down that most removals. If this means players have to actually be GOOD to win as a condi player, isnt that a good thing? Or are you one of MANY that play condi because of how easy it is to play?

As for power builds, theres only a few that need fixing (All Warrior builds with Bunker stats but zerk gear and damage) as well as a few other weapons but they are MUCH better to fight against (outside of 1 shot builds that also need to be removed)

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

Its not sad at all, mindlessly pressing buttons to spam the hell out of conditions on something isnt fun, isnt interesting and its annoying as hell to fight against. Having to spend half the fight removing mindlessly applied conditions which have a MUCH lower cool down that most removals. If this means players have to actually be GOOD to win as a condi player, isnt that a good thing? Or are you one of MANY that play condi because of how easy it is to play?

As for power builds, theres only a few that need fixing (All Warrior builds with Bunker stats but zerk gear and damage) as well as a few other weapons but they are MUCH better to fight against (outside of 1 shot builds that also need to be removed)

So you prefer taking 8k damage instantly (hello, revenant and warrior) instead of 8k you can cleanse instantly? What's the logic behind that?

@Rennie.6750 said:

So you prefer taking 8k damage instantly (hello, revenant and warrior) instead of 8k you can cleanse instantly? What's the logic behind that?

high easy access to damage is easier to fix.. just give base 0 instead of the 150% crit damage that every one starts as passive, and players have to invest stats to 100%, after 100% players need to work with boons and other stuff.

Conditions by other hand they are easy to burst on low CD, same has boons are easy to stack, since everything are boons and condis, there arent other skill mechanics like gw1 has its stances shouts working with direct effect and counters, even those here are just to stack boons more of the same with diferent names.

Still dont worry and wil mostly pretend to change condi, it is not a QQ just because instead of stack 10 u can only stack 8 or 9 with the double duration, imo it will burden/pressure condi cleanses more often.

@Capodicapis.6819 said:Finally, necros will learn to play to kill a target instead of spamming 8 different condis in 1 sec. For me, necro will always be an overpowered class as long you can apply that many conditions in 1 or 2 sec, so stop crying guys.Condi damage is breaking sPvP and WvW, that's a fact, i have 2 legend titles as elementalist(Play ele since launch) and can't imagine how a melee class can survive such spam if as an sword/dagger weaver or auramancer tempest can barely do it. Also i think wvw commanders will use more scourges to compensate the first of many nerfs to condi damage, and in SPVP teams will use 2+ nec for the same purpose. No hate.To me as a Reaper player Thieves and Warriors will always be overpowered a long as they can kite me 24/7 and are immune to my damage 90% of the fight. D/P, D/D, S/D, Staff, Rifle Deadeye... Core Might makes Right, Spellbreaker... everything overpowered.

Just sayin...

Fun fact: I have no problems in dealing with Scourges. I kill them in less than 10 seconds on a daily basis while supporting my team with Plague Signet and Well of Power.

@Rennie.6750 said:

You think warrior and revenant have less telegraph to their skills than condi classes? You do know that a single blind or dodge denies that hit, right?

@Aeolus.3615 said:

high easy access to damage is easier to fix.. just give base 0 instead of the 150% crit damage that every one starts as passive, and players have to invest stats to 100%, after 100% players need to work with boons and other stuff.

Just as easy as nerfing corruption, except that when you do so you don't remove half of the gameplay.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Rennie.6750 said:So you prefer taking 8k damage instantly (hello, revenant and warrior) instead of 8k you can cleanse instantly? What's the logic behind that?

Well, I would assume that Revenant 8k is going to be from Hammer 2, easy to dodge. Never a threat 1 Vs 1 and i have already pointed out how broken Warrior is.

WvW isn't about 1 vs 1. There's sPvP for that.

@Capodicapis.6819 said:Finally, necros will learn to play to kill a target instead of spamming 8 different condis in 1 sec. For me, necro will always be an overpowered class as long you can apply that many conditions in 1 or 2 sec, so stop crying guys.Condi damage is breaking sPvP and WvW, that's a fact, i have 2 legend titles as elementalist(Play ele since launch) and can't imagine how a melee class can survive such spam if as an sword/dagger weaver or auramancer tempest can barely do it. Also i think wvw commanders will use more scourges to compensate the first of many nerfs to condi damage, and in SPVP teams will use 2+ nec for the same purpose. No hate.

You'll probably be very disappointed by this patch with this much expectation.

@Rennie.6750 said:WvW isn't about 1 vs 1. There's sPvP for that.

Wrong. Very wrong. WvW isnt just for zergs and blobs. Even in that situation theres SO much healing, boon spamming going around it wont be much of a threat unless you're a Zerk ele. WvW does have small group fights as well, again where Hammer 2 is near worthless and again there are plenty of 1 vS 1 and smaller fights. The ONLY time Hammer 2 is a threat is if you are blob fighting or seriously out numbered.

corruption is actualy half of the gameplay :P if reduced and how dumb it is to overstack boons is.... it wont be good, that cant be nerfed, wich is a game design issue, wich therefore means theres already way to much of the same thing, that is not creating gameplay but saturating and making it worse, maybe if they reduce a bit of everything it will create more gameplay, and will add space to add new skill mechanics and improve what they have.

I do play hammer zerker on WvW. besides my healign skill i didnt even unlocked the elite spec... ive done some 20k hits when runing builds over 200% crit damage, wich as well i know players wont see me casting nor the skill animation since it will be hiden in the visual clutter :sunglasses:.

Warrior Bubble destroy the Balance.

Warrior Bubble removes Boon from 10 Player (ok thats crazy but isnt a big Problem)Warrior Bubble removes in a half secound 1 Boon (thats a big Problem if you stay in a Bubble and you try to draw stabi you cant because its remove it to fast you cant activate Stabi and with enough CCs from enemies its your death) thats to strong change it to 2 sec.Warrior Bubble Boon remove is unblockable (its ok if you change the Boon Remove of 2 sec)Warrior Bubble reflect. (its ok)

Give the Bubble from Warrior and the Guard Book Skills a little bit Dmg because they cant do her jobs. I cant support my Team as a Guard because than I dont get Lootbags.

Sorry for my bad English hope you understand what i mean.

@Aeolus.3615 said:corruption is actualy half of the gameplay :P if reduced and how dumb it is to overstack boons is.... it wont be good, that cant be nerfed, wich is a game design issue, wich therefore means theres already way to much of the same thing, that is not creating gameplay but saturating and making it worse, maybe if they reduce a bit of everything it will create more gameplay, and will add space to add new skill mechanics and improve what they have.

They're planning to reduce corruption?

It is just me but since i dont relly on massive boon stacking warrior bubles arent a problem :\ hey are welcome IMO due how awfull is the class design of stack n spam being wahtever the gamemode is.

@Choppy.4183 , no they wont, i hope not!!! and i play guardian and rev, the massive and easy sackign of condis is as dumbly designed has the boon stacking...both need to be tweaked to more diferent effect instead of every skill stack whatever is condi or boon >_< wich is what gw1 did right and interestingly simple.

(for some reason this created a double post) lawl i always choosed the edit.

People are overreacting. It will probably be a slight nerf to condis, not a complete destruction of condi builds. Most builds wont have condi clear enough to remove them in small scale anyway and will end up eating most of the dmg with way.

In a zerg with FB and their spamable condi clear this might be a problem.

@"xDudisx.5914" said:People are overreacting. It will probably be a slight nerf to condis, not a complete destruction of condi builds. Most builds wont have condi clear enough to remove them in small scale anyway and will end up eating most of the dmg with way.

In a zerg with FB and their spamable condi clear this might be a problem.

In my opinion what will happen: They will nerf condi stacks on skills that NO one uses, they will increase duration on most/all conditions on all classes and say that they have "nerfed" it while in fact its going to actually be a big buff to conditions. I mean, this is Anet after all.

Condition isn't dead, it just sounds like they are going to reduce stacks and extend duration giving people more chances to clear them. It won't matter either way though, because what people are complaining about is getting lit up by multiple people at once. Exactly the same as being whacked by 5 melee players at once.

In fact the only change you'll see is instead of getting all your boons corrupted and having say 10 stacks of torment and burning on you over say 5 seconds, your boons will still be corrupted and you'll have 7-8 stacks of tormenting & burning on you for 8 seconds. An FYI, you'll still need ranged classes to be a thorn in the scourge's side, so some players will still have to forgo their melee and jump on ranged.

Nothing is changing people, trust me; you cant arbitrarily just run in pressing 1 again, conditions lasts LONGER now, and the stacks are slightly reduced, meaning damage output is still the same if not even more stressful for people that refuse to bring cleanses.

Why are people jumping to conclusions so fast?With the sheer quantity of people in wvw, I doubt this change will kill off condis.This change would mean anything only if literally every ability got reduced to a single stack, which we already isn't the case from the purging flames example.While this change, in theory, should make condi dmg less spiky, I doubt it will drive the condi meta away entirely.

Archived