Deadeye is totally balanced, you guys

Elementalist Owner.7802

https://i.imgur.com/DRUdQod.jpgJust want to thank whoever thought of the brilliant idea of putting a one-shot kill ability into an open world PvP battleground where fights can have dozens of players on each side and where everyone has at least 10 skills on their bar. It has created such interactive gameplay, such as getting literally one-shotted through 3300 armor and 25k health. I'm having fun just thinking about it! Thanks balance team!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:https://i.imgur.com/DRUdQod.jpgJust want to thank whoever thought of the brilliant idea of putting a one-shot kill ability into an open world PvP battleground where fights can have dozens of players on each side and where everyone has at least 10 skills on their bar. It has created such interactive gameplay, such as getting literally one-shotted through 3300 armor and 25k health. I'm having fun just thinking about it! Thanks balance team!

Lets also Thank the Brilliant idea of a person for giving Elementalist's AoE 17k+ 1 Shot ability :) Or what about Thanking them for Warriors Gun Flame 1 shot? or Kill shot? If you have used up all your resources to wait out a stealthed Thief's D.J, unfortunately that is all on you. Lets also not forget to thank for Mesmer/Mirage Shatter. :D

I don't think they are OP, but I do think in balancing we should be able to remove malice through some skills, and the mobility and constant stealth are a bit over the top. They can do it over and over when engaged, this needs to be capped to once per engagement. Mind you, mesmer is worse.

I don't think the damage is the problem at all.

@Bish.8627 said:I don't think they are OP, but I do think in balancing we should be able to remove malice through some skills, and the mobility and constant stealth are a bit over the top. They can do it over and over when engaged, this needs to be capped to once per engagement. Mind you, mesmer is worse.

no you shouldnt be able to remove malice acutally it should be able to keep it up.but the ability to block/evade the mark or moving out of range i.e. 5k range and mark is gone for instance would be ok. currently you are marked even if you block / evade / obstructed / whatever.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Bish.8627 said:I don't think they are OP, but I do think in balancing we should be able to remove malice through some skills, and the mobility and constant stealth are a bit over the top. They can do it over and over when engaged, this needs to be capped to once per engagement. Mind you, mesmer is worse.

no you shouldnt be able to remove malice acutally it should be able to keep it up.but the ability to block/evade the mark or moving out of range i.e. 5k range and mark is gone for instance would be ok. currently you are marked even if you block / evade / obstructed / whatever.

I would totally agree with a range cap, in fact that would be favourable . But I do also think entering stealth and dodging should remove it. BUT, I also think the benefits should hit the deadeye quicker.

I actually really dislike the idea of a mark anyway, snipers should be hitting ranged and appearing after firing, so mark and dodge or you get hit basically. Like a red dot you see in a film before a shot. See read dot, dodge, live. See red dot, don't dodge, get hit for a ton of damage. I mean I can hit people on my hammer rev for over 10k, meteor on my ele can wreck anything not over 18k HP if I get a few hits land. I don't see why snipers should not hit hard (given you can engage them after they attempt it).

@Bish.8627 said:

I would totally agree with a range cap, in fact that would be favourable . But I do also think entering stealth and dodging should remove it. BUT, I also think the benefits should hit the deadeye quicker.

I actually really dislike the idea of a mark anyway, snipers should be hitting ranged and appearing after firing, so mark and dodge or you get hit basically. Like a red dot you see in a film before a shot. See read dot, dodge, live. See red dot, don't dodge, get hit for a ton of damage. I mean I can hit people on my hammer rev for over 10k, meteor on my ele can wreck anything not over 18k HP if I get a few hits land. I don't see why snipers should not hit hard (given you can engage them after they attempt it).

well yes i feel like alot of rather casual opponent of mine struggle with my slow malice build up if i camp stealth. most use quickly reflects/ block / dogge after mark, but why should i attack then with 0 malice? and when malice is up they just run out of all their fancy defense.

doging removing it will only work if you get full malice on mark or mark will be rendered pointless.^could be done like full malice on mark and drops if you dont attack to prevent steealth camping for too long :D

@Kirin.7306 said:use reflect lol

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:If the deadeye hits you with it at full malice, you deserve to be one shoted.

@Urejt.5648 said:Dont whine. It takes 30 seconds to prep such nuke and that nuke is easily dodgeable by dodge, aegis or immunity

@"Cynz.9437" said:That is like complaining about jumping off cliff without glider and dying to fall damage. You had plenty of time and tools to do something about it. It has huge tell too and long warning window.

It's like you ignore the part where it's WvW and there are dozens of enemies, you can't possibly keep track of every ability that every player is using. Which is fine until you add a one-shot kill ability.

To all you thief mains saying "lol learn 2 doge" okay then, lets just make every attack a one-shot kill then. Why not? You can dodge so that makes it okay, right? We can just rename the game "Call of Duty: Guild Warfare" sounds like a great plan to me.

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:If the deadeye hits you with it at full malice, you deserve to be one shoted.

@Urejt.5648 said:Dont whine. It takes 30 seconds to prep such nuke and that nuke is easily dodgeable by dodge, aegis or immunity

@"Cynz.9437" said:That is like complaining about jumping off cliff without glider and dying to fall damage. You had plenty of time and tools to do something about it. It has huge tell too and long warning window.

It's like you ignore the part where it's WvW and there are dozens of enemies, you can't possibly keep track of every ability that every player is using. Which is fine until you add a one-shot kill ability.

To all you thief mains saying "lol learn 2 doge" okay then, lets just make every attack a one-shot kill then. Why not? You can dodge so that makes it okay, right? We can just rename the game "Call of Duty: Guild Warfare" sounds like a great plan to me.

The so called one shots come from extremely glassy build which has basically nothing. You can do the same with ele, war, engi etc. (ironically those still have more surivival than glass thief). Why do you not complain about those? Classes are usually not balanced around wvw because of how messy and chaotic the mode is. In pvp/pve DE is a joke, even one shot build.

While we are at it, in fps games i can shot enemies with headshot as a sniper. Glass DE is basically a sniper. What is your point?

When there are dozens of people in a fight virtualy ANY class can down another with a single attack using skills that have next to no warning or tell. When that mark goes up on you you have more then a few seconds to prepare for an incoming shot which can be avoided in a number of ways other then a dodge. if you spend the next 10 seconds after marked spamming your own attacks because you want to get your own kill in then you had better recognize a shot WILL be coming your way.

@Cynz.9437 said:

The so called one shots come from extremely glassy build which has basically nothing. You can do the same with ele, war, engi etc. (ironically those still have more surivival than glass thief). Why do you not complain about those? Classes are usually not balanced around wvw because of how messy and chaotic the mode is. In pvp/pve DE is a joke, even one shot build.

While we are at it, in fps games i can shot enemies with headshot as a sniper. Glass DE is basically a sniper. What is your point?

My point is, GW2 isn't a FPS.I haven't been one shotted by any of those classes so I don't have any input there. But you're right, sadly the balance team doesn't consider WvW. I guess that's the root of the problem.

If you're in a a big group, it's even easier for you, you're getting marked and are, emm... too skilled to dodge/reflect the DJ? Go back (as in out of range, so DE will have to mark someone else to be effective) or hide behind anything or anyone to get blocked.There were enough threads like that in WvW subforum and -as much as people like you don't like this answer- it's very much an "l2p issue". There are enough direct and indirect methods to make that whole setup useless.

"every attack a one-shot kill" is quite different from the way DJ works, but nice try.

Now if you were talking about a 1 shot backstab (Where there virtually is no warning, unless you see a thief enter stealth), Like ive done before previously. (Not to 3300 armor), but 1 shot nonetheless with backstab. Then you'd have a plausible complaint. Because no backstab should be able to go through that much armor lol.

@AikijinX.6258 said:Now if you were talking about a 1 shot backstab (Where there virtually is no warning, unless you see a thief enter stealth), Like ive done before previously. (Not to 3300 armor), but 1 shot nonetheless with backstab. Then you'd have a plausible complaint. Because no backstab should be able to go through that much armor lol.

I miss those days as a thief...

@"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:https://i.imgur.com/DRUdQod.jpgJust want to thank whoever thought of the brilliant idea of putting a one-shot kill ability into an open world PvP battleground where fights can have dozens of players on each side and where everyone has at least 10 skills on their bar. It has created such interactive gameplay, such as getting literally one-shotted through 3300 armor and 25k health. I'm having fun just thinking about it! Thanks balance team!

Don't even bother. all DH/guard,killshot/gunflame complaints are all magically forgotten. I mean thieves always have it so hard.

u need 420 mlg vision at all times.always be aware of your surroundings. also see through all the visual clutter(god save u if your comp/laptop ain't top notch)Have good internet connection at all timesMake sure that in all fights u always have all nessiary CD's ready oh and fuck u if u play a class with an insuffient blocks, reflects or any other form of projectile denial. and aren't just pressured at the moment or busy with something. oh what am i talking about. clearly this never happens and if that's the case u are'' clearly garbage and need to l2p''Always make sure to have a wall nearby.

''Because every person that complains about deadeye always is garbage and needs to l2p.''

''if u fail because u are actually well an normal player. it's completely justified to get hit so hard that in some cases u can kill some low hp classes over 4 times over. that's completely justified.''

''Because clearly that punishment is completely balanced for the mistakes made. It's also tons of fun too.''

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

@"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:
Just want to thank whoever thought of the brilliant idea of putting a one-shot kill ability into an open world PvP battleground where fights can have dozens of players on each side and where everyone has at least 10 skills on their bar. It has created such interactive gameplay, such as getting literally one-shotted through 3300 armor and 25k health. I'm having fun just thinking about it! Thanks balance team!

Don't even bother. all DH/guard,killshot/gunflame complaints are all magically forgotten. I mean thieves always have it so hard.

there have been complaints about most builds in the game, some more, some less justified. no they are not forgotten but DH / killshot is just no issue anymore i guess and currently i think complaints are more about mesmer, warriors, nekros and deadeyes

u need 420 mlg vision at all times.always be aware of your surroundings. also see through all the visual clutter(god save u if your comp/laptop ain't top notch)Have good internet connection at all timesMake sure that in all fights u always have all nessiary CD's ready oh and kitten u if u play a class with an insuffient blocks, reflects or any other form of projectile denial. and aren't just pressured at the moment or busy with something. oh what am i talking about. clearly this never happens and if that's the case u are'' clearly garbage and need to l2p''Always make sure to have a wall nearby.

''Because every person that complains about deadeye always is garbage and needs to l2p.''

''if u fail because u are actually well an normal player. it's completely justified to get hit so hard that in some cases u can kill some low hp classes over 4 times over. that's completely justified.''

''Because clearly that punishment is completely balanced for the mistakes made. It's also tons of fun too.''

you are overexaggerating this a bit in my opinion. altho i am also of the opinion that in a duel situation a deadeye is not just fine but actually rather weak. unless his opponent is very squishy, then most deadeyes - as they are normaly build glasier than core/daredevils - are able to onehit with a backstab wich is not really avoidable if it is out of permastealth. unless a perfect prediction. but most complaints are about DJ wich indeed has a lot of tells and can easily be avoided in a duel situation. WvW is not about duels tho. if i mark someone doesnt mean i intend to kill that person, could be i am just pasing by and want 3s extra stealth for 50% movementspeed. ontop of that there are many times people in WvW are not 100% focused on the possibility of a deadeye appearing, they go shortly afk or 2nd screen often when waiting in circle for that sentry or while their mate is opening a t3 wall with only 1 cata or because its a group fight and they dont see that mark in all the clutter. then alot of people wont avoid the shot. i have oneshot alot of people that i wouldnt win a duel against. without the visual of the mark, a deadeye would probably be the perfect ganker, but even with it he is one of the best for this in WvW.the problem with a ranged stealthed sniper is, he will never be in a good balanced positon. either it is so bad, there is no point in playing it or its way too strong, the space between those 2 is very small if there is one. currently deadeye is in a bad spot for instanced pve, spvp, and groupfights in WvW (wich is mainly about those i guess) while it is still so strong in WvW ganking that people like me play it, so its not a completly useless specialization.alot of the l2p answers are because many threads just claim the fact, this skill does high damage (if it hits under certain cirumstances) will make the class OP. and deadeye is simply not OP in most parts of the game. the only thing that he is best at is his ability to remain in stealth(getting into stealth i think daredevil is better as hiddenthief with steal is not interruptable as well as bound>heartseeker) so if the threads were about the limited amount of counterplay to a deadeyes stealth stacking (there is alot more counterplay possible with other thief builds) and claiming this is OP in WvW ganking as there is no reason to get out of stealth in a reasonable time there, then you might get other answers.

@AikijinX.6258 said:Now if you were talking about a 1 shot backstab (Where there virtually is no warning, unless you see a thief enter stealth), Like ive done before previously. (Not to 3300 armor), but 1 shot nonetheless with backstab. Then you'd have a plausible complaint. Because no backstab should be able to go through that much armor lol.

Always been the issue with thief/mes, though; OOC stealth makes the nukes feel really unfair, but makes kits like D/D super bad when balanced numerically around OOC stealth. It's even why P/P power DrD caught on; Bound + hasted unload is basically ranged backstab with more damage and costs less initiative with no struggles into blocks or aegis.

Even still, most of the time these are only doable in environments where your foe is unsuspecting; mid-combat nuke attempts usually don't go that well since people will have their boons/etc. up and running.

Archived