Can we have practical-styled outfits?

Chasind.3128

There's just something about all the new outfits released over the past 2 years that get bulkier, stiffer and well...ugly. They're either big and clunky or have crystals or an awkward flame effect. Several of them are decent or nice looking, and could be better if it were tweaked here and there.I'm aware that there are people who like the gaudiness of them and would argue they weren't ugly bc lore or w/e and that's fine.Kasmeer's original armor had feathers and they generally looked like feathers and was a lovely armor! Her updated outfit, I can't tell if it has frozen flames or shaped out fur on it, but it's still okay just not as nice as her armor set.We've just had outfit after outfit that was large and clunky or less detailed than some of the armor sets. It would be nice to get outfits that weren't unflattering (No butt-capes or weird tassels or flame skins, nothing clunky or with weird effects)
Some Good outfits- exemplar attire, Ceremonial plated, Rox's pathfinder and there are more but ugly outfits are taking over.

I don't like any of the newer outfits so I don't buy them. The only thing I've bought recently was several months ago, a makeover kit. It would just be incredibly refreshing to have outfits that aren't bogus and are flattering in some way. I know GW2 has alot going on style-wise it's just imo, the outfits are mehI'd even like more outfits that are racially based! like the wedding attire was.

I'd like to see styles more like thishttps://bdo.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2016/02/bdo-eckett-sorc-full-1.jpghttps://bdo.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2016/02/bdo-goyen-warrior-costume.jpg

I would really love a simple outfit like.. Rider or Beast Wrangler. Something leather and sensible with good hunting boots. I do 100% agree that a lot of the outfits are outlandish, I'd expect to see them at fashion week but not in the middle of the desert. It's totally fine to have those of course but a nice even ratio of survival gear to Alexander Mcqueen would be great.

@Nikal.4921 said:Amen, we are warriors, not fashion models. I'd love to see some outfits that reflect that. Practical traveling and fighting attire. And simple town-style clothing- been waiting years for that.

Aren't you aware that being appealing distracts your enemies, allowing you more time to take them down? That's why my ranger wears thigh highs and shows her midriff and back, don't know how I keep from getting stabbed and poked there, but somehow it just works.

@Halan.8951 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:I still don't get why this can't be light armour:
twcvmC6.png

Yes, I will always ask for this, because it makes sense at least than going out in the wild fighting all these things that can melt me, burn me, poison me, stab and cut me, in just a bra and panties and a few little things covered me that is called light armour.Not that different from my current look on necromancer. Could even change the body armor for something with similar sleeves.
OZLch5F.jpg

It is as it's cut off the sides of the pants. I want actual pants. You know. Practical natural not "let me put holes all over" pants.Also parts of your stomach and cleavage are showing.

I want stuff that look protective but isn't drapes upon drapes like the only other alternative to light armour.

It's either fight naked, or fight so clothes you can't even move.

I don't like looks of light armors. They are either too skimpy or too casual. So I use outfits that look like heavy plate instead. Heavy armors tend to look cool imo. Maybe it doesn't fit an elementalist or mesmer, but goes well with my tanky reaper. Looks like a death knight.

@Umut.5471 said:I don't like looks of light armors. They are either too skimpy or too casual. So I use outfits that look like heavy plate instead. Heavy armors tend to look cool imo. Maybe it doesn't fit an elementalist or mesmer, but goes well with my tanky reaper. Looks like a death knight.

That's how I usually go with my Reaper, how ever I'm flaunting my First Follower Outfit at the moment.

@sorudo.9054 said:the last outfit is almost perfect for me, the only thing they need to remove are the side flaps, shoulder spikes and the weird throat spiky things.it's getting really annoying that a perfectly nice outfit is ruined with yet to much fluff.

My issue is the heels. I could've lived with everything else as they could've been hidden.

I would also be interested in outfits that are not the overdone baroque things that are a lot of what comes out.

Sadly, it remains to be seen whether ANet is interested in producing style items that I would be interested in at a price I would pay (I'm fine with the 700 gems per outfit price, but have little interest in buying bundles at higher prices which include things I don't want).

Archived