Keybinding emotes.

This is a topic that will draw diverse responses, I want ANET personally to respond.

Is it ok or not to make a simple keybind to an emote?As several people have stated this resulted in a ban.There is a process that runs side to side with gw2 that supposedly captures your keystrokes, mouse input and input from anywhere else, which ironically also is the culprit of memleaks and crashes, sometimes, so there is actually no way to hide. Even more to this irony, cheaters that have been caught, and verified with video and reported, have resulted in the punishment of the person reporting, not of the cheater. So this constitutes a grey area resulting in a lot of tension. I have also read that ANET DOES support macros for musical arrangements! This is great, but regarding some peoples statements about being banned, I am still worried.If it is ok, how could I do such a thing? How could I protect myself from a ban if one happens unfairly? I do not intend to use any macros whatsoever anywhere near story, fractals, raids, pvp, wvw, events, etc,etc... This is a thing that I intend to do for roleplay in non-combat areas, taverns, towns, instances perhaps (if roleplaying in cadecus manor in explore mode) I intend to program macro for music, but only if I get a heads up from ANET.

Kind regards.

That's an option, sounds like a decent way to use macros that ANET would understand as fair and reasonable. Is Synapse also for music? I would like to join people who play GW2 music, willing to buy another instrument (Currently own the flute, considering harp)If any ANET mod or employee can elaborate on synapse, I would be more willing to try.

Thank you!

Kind of greyish and doesn't solve my inquiries, if they moderate they should be able to respond.Dual- or Multi-Boxing

You may use more than one account at the same time.You may use more than one computer at the same time.You must be actively playing on each account.As stated above, you may not program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press W on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.

I want to know what they mean by "You must be actively playing on each account." As well.

Official Policy

Macros

Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a one-to-one function protocol. This means the following:

• If you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions. For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you're ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you're not ok.
  • You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
  • You cannot program an "auto-clicker" macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere, or that opens a quantity of chests with a single click.
  • NOTE: We make an exception for macros used for music composition or musical performances. As long as a player employs such a macro solely for the performance of in-game music, we do not place restrictions on its use.

@Thanatostasis.4562 said:This is a topic that will draw diverse responses, I want ANET personally to respond.There's no guarantee that ANet will respond to any particular post.

Is it ok or not to make a simple keybind to an emote?I don't see why not. In effect, one emote is casting a single skill, which is okay. Don't use it to program an entire set of responses; stick to just one emote.

As several people have stated this resulted in a ban.I don't believe it. People often don't know why they have been suspended. Often they assume it was something they did recently, when it could be something from yesterday, last week, last month, or last year.

There is a process that runs side to side with gw2 that supposedly captures your keystrokes, mouse input and input from anywhere else, which ironically also is the culprit of memleaks and crashes, sometimes, so there is actually no way to hide.You seem to be conflating several ideas into that sentence. The game might or might not suffer memory leaks. It does suffer from crashes for some people under some circumstances; those aren't related. This has absolutely nothing to do with emotes or macros.

Even more to this irony, cheaters that have been caught, and verified with video and reported, have resulted in the punishment of the person reporting, not of the cheater.Nope, that doesn't happen (and ANet recently debunked that myth...again). There are no documented cases of this happening. Reporting doesn't result in a suspension, unless the person is abusing the report system (e.g. to get someone else in trouble or because they are salty about being outplayed).

So this constitutes a grey area resulting in a lot of tension.Only because people are claiming things that aren't true.

I have also read that ANET DOES support macros for musical arrangements! This is great,This is true. There's even a sticky about the topic.

If it is ok, how could I do such a thing? How could I protect myself from a ban if one happens unfairly?File a support ticket. It's very, very uncommon that someone is suspended without cause, but if there's a mistake, ANet's support team tries to clear things up as quickly as possible.

Archived