FAQ part 2?

DanAlcedo.3281

Hi guys!

First of, Thank you Arenanet for answering some Questions.

But i dont see how these are F(!)AQ when every WvW Player could answer this in the same way you did.Well now we just can post a link.

So how about some REAL FAQ´s?

• Is there a WvW Team?
  • If yes, what are they doing?
  • Is WvW officially supported by Arenanet?
  • Does the Balance Team know WvW/PvP exists?

THESE are the questions which get ask "Frequently".

Could we add the answers to the FAQ list?

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Does Anyone on the Balance and/or Development team play WvW often (once every 6months doesnt count!)

They make an issue of letting us know they are playing once a week, usually a post that asks a question then first to answer gets the devs playin on their server that night, it's been going on for a short while now, couple months or something, I feel like it's a deliberate way to counter our claims that they do not play, which it now does.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:Does Anyone on the Balance and/or Development team play WvW often (once every 6months doesnt count!)

They make an issue of letting us know they are playing once a week, usually a post that asks a question then first to answer gets the devs playin on their server that night, it's been going on for a short while now, couple months or something, I feel like it's a deliberate way to counter our claims that they do not play, which it now does.

Yeah, that really does sound like a "look, we do play this mode" kinda thing than an actual employee actually playing the mode because they like it. What class(es) do they play? Guessing they do the same thing every time - zerg surf?

@"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

Yeah, that really does sound like a "look, we do play this mode" kinda thing than an actual employee actually playing the mode because they like it. What class(es) do they play? Guessing they do the same thing every time - zerg surf?

I've only seen them zerging so far, using various classes, they are getting involved so I think that's a good thing.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

Not really, it shows that they have no idea about the rest of the mode and think that WvW should ONLY be blob and zerging, would explain their trash balance but only slightly....

They have to start somewhere, unless they have some secret weapon dev that can wipe the floor with any roamer, then ofc they are going to be zerging, it's what the majority of the WvW playerbase does, it not like me to defend Anet, you can see that by my post history, but I am just being realistic here, I don't expect miracles...

@Vavume.8065 said:They have to start somewhere, unless they have some secret weapon dev that can wipe the floor with any roamer, then ofc they are going to be zerging, it's what the majority of the WvW playerbase does, it not like me to defend Anet, you can see that by my post history, but I am just being realistic here, I don't expect miracles...

Well, they SHOULD roam. Even its not using the most skilled dev. They would then see just what its really like for the average player. Using their best dev on the strongest of classes they wouldnt learn much about the balance of anything...

The last time ANet employees got involved in a true "fights guild experience" was with the adopt a dev program years ago, which didn't exactly go well on all sides. Outside of that, if someone has the Gw2 Extra Life video from November 4th this year, where an ANet dev tried to pugmand a bit while I drove VNG+TRGC as the fight jam cop, you'll see how much ANet even knows about zergging. I've never seen a group sit so patiently in front of a door to get veiled out on and wiped.

Being fair, Pretty showed a decent amount of WvW understanding, but was only able to do so much given the constraints of the charity stream and pug group he had to work with. The rest of the ANet people on the stream had 0 understanding though; someone else brought a P-P engi and called it "roaming" to keep on dying to camps. But hey, I had fun driving, so I'm not complaining.

tZCRYNd.pngzyX93Gr.png

Lol the WvW faq is more like damage control.

Players: Why is my server "full" even if usually there is a bit action on one map and all the other maps and is empty on 3 other maps at peak times?

Anet: It's full, even if it's almost empty it "full" if we decide it's full.

Anet: We are considering things but, you know...

Translation: we don't have a WvW team.

Archived