Noob question regarding LWS4 episodes

archie.3074

Hi guys,Probably noob question for most of you. I've stopped playing GW2 while ago and I'm back to the game because of my misses. I'm more WvW oriented but would like to complete all the stories from LWS2 (done Scarlett before) to newly released LWS4.And here's my question: do I need to complete all the episodes of LWS4 right now or can I just start each separate episode (how?) and complete them later? My misses said I have to complete everything straight away otherwise I won't be able to access other episodes. I don't want to mix the story plot as I've recently bought LWS2 and I'm halfway through it along with achievements. So is there any way to unlock all LWS4 episodes without completing them, so I won't need to buy them from gemstore in the future?Thanks for all your answers guys.

There is only 1 Living World Season 4 episode out right now.

No you don't have to complete anything, here is how it works:

• Living World Episodes are released in 2-3 month windows (this was similar to Living World Season 2 and 3)
  • if you log in to your account you will unlock the CURRENT newest Living World Episode (always, no matter if you own HoT or PoF) for your account free of charge
  • this is possible until the next Living World Episode releases, at which point the new Living World Episode becomes the CURRENT one
  • in order to play Living World Season 3 you need HoT unlocked
  • in order to play Living World Season 4 you need PoF unlocked

Once a Living World Episode is unlocked, it remains unlocked for ever and can be selected via the story panel in you character tab (and replayed that way too).

In case you meant Living World Season 3, unless you unlocked those via login while they were released, you would now have to purchase them at 200 gems each (I think there might be a package for all of them which is cheaper). You can do this at any point in time though.

Currently available are (not counting expansions):

• Living World Season 2 Episodes 1-8 (need to be purchased)
  • Living World Season 3 Episodes 1-6 (need to be purchased)
  • Living World Season 4 Episode 1 (currently active and will unlock once you log in)

No, you don't need to complete an episode to unlock it, you just need to log in during it's release period or (if you missed that) buy it from the gem store.

For Season 4 all you need to do is log into the game during the release period for each episode and it will be unlocked on your account. Right now we're in the release period for Episode 1 and the rest aren't available (most of them probably haven't even been made yet). Episode 2 will probably come out around January or February and when that happens it will be unlocked automatically for everyone who logs in and Ep1 will go to the gem store.

As long as an episode is unlocked it's permanently available. All of your characters will be able to play it when they reach level 80, even if you create them years after unlocking it. Just like you can play through Season 2 now you could play through Season 4 in 2 years time if you wanted to.

As far as I remember, you have to be online during the time-window. The window opens from the day of the release of the episode and ends at the day, the next episode appears. If you happen to be online for one second during that time period, you have free access to the Living Story chapter for your account. If you refuse to log in during that time window, you have to purchase the unlock in the gemstore or accept you cannot play that episode.

So if you are just starting the episode with one of your characters and abandon it until day X, all should be fine. Long time ago I gifted a person a mini-aurene, but assembling the parts required to complete a LS chapter. So I asked that person to move into game during the time-window. Weeks later, when a new episode was already present, he loged into game, finished the story mission and created mini-aurene.

Thank you guys for quick and detailed answers. I'm aware of way of purchase LWS2 and LWS3 episodes as I already bought the whole lot of LWS2 on sale. Great to know all I have to do now is just log on as I play regularly back again.I own HoT and PoF as well so even if future LWS would be expansion-specific I can access them without any problems.Much appreciated, thanks again.

Archived