Tangled Depths problems

Tekoneiric.6817

I've been working on getting hero points on my various characters in advance of the PoF release. One of the maps I've had to hit for this is Tangled Depths. Like many others I'm not a fan of that map. While wondering around trying to get to the various hero points it seems to me that the biggest problems with the map is the full map view doesn't really seem to match up very well to the map leading people to stumble around the map. Also with so many of the hero points being group events and located in hard to find areas by the time you find them there is rarely anyone to help with them. I've camped out at various HPs for awhile without anyone coming by. Map wide requests for other players to join goes unanswered.

I think fixing the map view to match up with the actual map and changing the more isolated HPs to be commune points rather than challenges would make the map better for players. Some of the group events ones might be fixed by using chain jumping mushrooms to place people at the HP or to somehow make the path to them more visible.

@onevstheworld.2419 said:Check out LFG. HP trains happen fairly regularly. Make sure you look in the VB and AB sections too as many trains start in those maps before going to TD

I've done VB, AB and DS with ease. I blaze thru VB and AB, only the need to do the meta on DS slows me down there. TD is loaded with group challenge HPs some of which are so hard to find that players seldom frequent them and the large map view really doesn't match up with the actual paths. Both of which are easily fixed by the devs without having to change the layout of the map. They can convert the hard to get to HPs to commune points.

I feel your frustration. Tangled Depths is my least favorite map in the entire game. But I did complete it with the help of the LFG trains and all out stubbornness that I wanted HOT maps complete before another expansion was released. You can pretty much guarantee that with a new expansion looming nothing will change anytime soon. Just dig in and hit up Commanders in LFG whenever possible.

Good Luck!

Archived