Returning player - Is Holosmith viable end game pve?

Hello.I haven't played since the current xpac release, came back to the game yesterday and bought path of fire.I am mainly a PvP player but I want to get hardcore on the pve aspects. Raids, high fractals and etc.

Fell in love with the Holosmith class and I plan on maining it. I did some research, check metabattle and all the sources of information I could find. Holosmith is considered meta for raids at metabattle, but what about fractals?Can you effectively run a power build holosmith for high fractals & raids?Thank you.

disclaimer: I never enjoyed condi builds, I'm trying to understand if i can run end game pve with power holosmith.

Most raid builds work fine for fractrals as well. Especially the DPS builds. Power Holo is in a very good spot DPS-wise and gives pinpoint that is a very good buff if you have condies in the party which in a fractal you possibly have. I cannot think of a single reason not to use a holo in fractals. If you get a party that would reject you on these terms then you do not want to be in it anyway as it shows significant lack of understanding of what is viable.

As for raids holo is meta for everything because of pinpoint and a pretty ok power burst. And with the changes coming on condi damage this will not change for quite a while.

I am an engi main and run Holo on every raid and daily fractal CM + T4s runs and I can tell you it's good but has tiny details you may want to know about:

• It won't outclass a Weaver in equal terms, it will compete head to head with a DH even though DH has a stronger burst if you're not pre-heating.
  • In an organized run you won't use sword ever, rifle provides more damage, more CC and with bomb kit you get a smoke and a fire field to blast for stealth and might. That may change with Tuesday's patch but we don't know yet.
  • It has to deal with self damage so if you're in a run with no healer you'll have a worse time than any other DPS class, that doesn't mean you will constant die but you have to watch when you overheat.

Other than that it is fun, engi despite it all is imo an extremely fun and versatile class.

Archived