deadeye annoyance

jihm.2315

so im having this fight me with my non meta ranger vs an engi the fight seems interesting and suddenly a deadeye appears and oneshots me why do you let players one shot people without any kind of skill?i like playing the game in a balanced way not one shot people why do you keep buffing the damage only?since hot we are getting more and more offensive options with our health staying the same if you buff the damage you have to buff defense also , the fights need more uptime i was almost full health and the deadeye deleted me

The fact that you got oneshot means skill was applied. To your cranium, specifically.

To get a oneshot off a Deadeye must first spec full glassy(Zerker, damage sigils and rune, the works), get a mark on you(That you didn't notice, somehow? It's right over your head) and wait about 20 seconds while you ignore said mark, then blow all their cooldowns and hit you with an attack that reveals them, has a laser pointing from their location to your dome, can be reflected, evaded, or blocked, and has a cast time of like 3/4 by itself, not to mention the bright-arse Sunny D bullet travelling like 4 miles per hour.

In other words, you need more situational awareness, homeslice. Thieves +1. That's what they do. That's all they CAN do.

@jihm.2315 said:so im having this fight me with my non meta ranger vs an engi the fight seems interesting and suddenly a deadeye appears and oneshots me why do you let players one shot people without any kind of skill?i like playing the game in a balanced way not one shot people why do you keep buffing the damage only?since hot we are getting more and more offensive options with our health staying the same if you buff the damage you have to buff defense also , the fights need more uptime i was almost full health and the deadeye deleted me

the fact that u can do it with ranger and get quite some uptime of unblockables at 1500 range.. and complain about deadeye skills that can be blocked.note; LB 2 if casted at the right time will follow trough thied stealth and probably u will kill it while he is stealthed.

Deadeye one shots are lame I agree. I don't meet many though that can pull it off. (I tried and it's not super simple build to be effective with) Still lame, when you get hit for 19k from stealth in a pvp match... But there are counters, once you realize what's going on, but you need to be willing to give up the point when playing a zerker build.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:While I do my best to kill them whenever I see them, I have to agree that shooting anyone from stealth here and there, and/or from a safe spot can be annoying. Not every spec has access to reliable gap closers/reflects/teleports/range skills.

true, guardian mace shield, domes, DH f3, WoR, are fine or shelter, but they stoped wotking against rangers and warrirors :Xrangers with 6+sec unblockables are .... can kill anything if they are far away from targets.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:While I do my best to kill them whenever I see them, I have to agree that shooting anyone from stealth here and there, and/or from a safe spot can be annoying. Not every spec has access to reliable gap closers/reflects/teleports/range skills.

Pvp maps have plenty of LOS.

Yeah I know but LOSing never killed anyone nor capped anything, except maybe waterfall on foefire.

I agree, one shoot KO kind of skill are not okay, let alone being done while stealth at the max range, for a game that wanna be competitive this is completerly unaceptable...rifle was a horrible weapon to give to thief, they must nerf the damage and give some buffs elsewhere, make him more skill based so he dosent have to relly on these annoying gimmiks.Had a Deadeye hit my FB for +10K damage, this is a character with heavy armor and protection on...this is a joke lol last time i checked i was plying GW2 and not COD

I play Deadeye as a berserk, have 11. 645 live. . . and can fall down even with a blow.One cannot defeat good player simply in such a way, so there probably remains with l2p and of the Deadeye also not too strongly, but rather is too weak.Otherwise there would be new meta, it takes place without him, nobody build for conquest should already think to give.

@Atlaworks.4937 said:The fact that you got oneshot means skill was applied. To your cranium, specifically.

To get a oneshot off a Deadeye must first spec full glassy(Zerker, damage sigils and rune, the works), get a mark on you(That you didn't notice, somehow? It's right over your head) and wait about 20 seconds while you ignore said mark, then blow all their cooldowns and hit you with an attack that reveals them, has a laser pointing from their location to your dome, can be reflected, evaded, or blocked, and has a cast time of like 3/4 by itself, not to mention the bright-kitten Sunny D bullet travelling like 4 miles per hour.

In other words, you need more situational awareness, homeslice. Thieves +1. That's what they do. That's all they CAN do.

I'm sure if they would tack on the Metal Gear sound effect to the mark some people would still not notice it.

@Lucifer.7289 said:Deadeye's yolo rifle builds are pretty bad, rifle does less dmg than P/P. Just pay attention, should not be getting 1 shotted with any of the meta builds.

A good thief actually makes rifle better than P/P. Sure, the P/P thief will get some quick cheap kills, but a rifle thief will be able to have a chance with anyone that tries to focus them, whereas the P/P thief just gets melted.

I wouldn’t recommend either, but rifle thief’s have been more useful to enemy teams from my experience so far.

Imo while I can understand some people aren't fond of 1 shot specs but I personally feel as if they do represent a certain amount of skill required in this case regarding The Deadeye is probably 1 of the most balanced specs in PvP atm if not the most balanced one and that says a lot sure it can do damage but that can be said of most glass builds.

While also keeping in mind if said person runs a full glass spec and they run into something with enough defensive options Invuns blocks extra evades or passives also if the target get can behind any cover they will likely live and the deadeye will eventually lose unless he/she is just that good and knows what to do from there

Glass builds or 1 shot specs in general are all about true skill as I said imo because they either kill what they are after or they get back handed to the dirt most times a said glass spec will commit all its resources into damage or getting the kill. Normally all it takes is some good surrounding awareness and a decent invun be it passive or utility to stop a 1 shot attempt forcing the glass spec to either fall back or likely die as they blew their burst and it didn't work out for them

A true instance of predator vs predator where instincts and reflexes come into play slip up once and likely die for it play perfectly and sometimes you are rewarded for it not always.

I would rather fight nothing but glass specs in PvP always keeping me looking and ready to go instead of going vs bunker bots who just mean to stall if I wanted to fight tanky opponents I would just stay in PvE where I'm actually rewarded for it

@jihm.2315 said:so im having this fight me with my non meta ranger vs an engi the fight seems interesting and suddenly a deadeye appears and oneshots me why do you let players one shot people without any kind of skill?i like playing the game in a balanced way not one shot people why do you keep buffing the damage only?since hot we are getting more and more offensive options with our health staying the same if you buff the damage you have to buff defense also , the fights need more uptime i was almost full health and the deadeye deleted me

Its because of bunker. People tend to abuse bunker builds in ranked. Anets solution was to multiply the damage potential from what it was in vanilla. They want to keep bunker builds around for people that want to play bunker but they want them to be countered easier. The only way in this game to counter bunker is huge amounts of damage so here we are.

This whole thing started with their naive play the way you want mentality. This being an MMORPG you gotta have bunkers right?

They should have completely removed the always on bunker playstyle entirely so no toughness stat only temporary damage reduction/negate from boons and skills (no passives). Thre would have been no need for blowing the damage out of proportion.

The second reason for deadeye one shot is themeatics. There are only so many ways the thief class can be designed while maintaining its identity.

I dont think people understand how much of a problem thief's existence has created. In vanilla gw2, a high level thief countered everyone. I know because i mained thief and played against other really good thieves.

Majority of the balance problems gw2 has faced is indirectly as a result of thief's infinite blind, dodge, evade, stealth and port combined with its damage. Nobody could hit a high level thief.Thief really should not have existed in the state it was released. If it was a different class or a revenant instead, we would all have been better off.

@Ragion.2831 said:

Its because of bunker. People tend to abuse bunker builds in ranked. Anets solution was to multiply the damage potential from what it was in vanilla. They want to keep bunker builds around for people that want to play bunker but they want them to be countered easier. The only way in this game to counter bunker is huge amounts of damage so here we are.

This whole thing started with their naive play the way you want mentality. This being an MMORPG you gotta have bunkers right?

They should have completely removed the always on bunker playstyle entirely so no toughness stat only temporary damage reduction/negate from boons and skills (no passives). Thre would have been no need for blowing the damage out of proportion.

The second reason for deadeye one shot is themeatics. There are only so many ways the thief class can be designed while maintaining its identity.

I dont think people understand how much of a problem thief's existence has created. In vanilla gw2, a high level thief countered everyone. I know because i mained thief and played against other really good thieves.

Majority of the balance problems gw2 has faced is indirectly as a result of thief's infinite blind, dodge, evade, stealth and port combined with its damage. Nobody could hit a high level thief.Thief really should not have existed in the state it was released. If it was a different class or a revenant instead, we would all have been better off.

See the thing, other games have tanks/bunkers and they are much, much more well off. This game seems to struggle with the basics.

And I promise you if gw2 thief was released anywhere else in an mmo that class would have been promptly reworked.

SWTOR had a thief in a similar manner as well. It was called Deception Assassin. It basically was the gw2 thief for a bit, until it got a FULL rework because it was nonsense. Thief is a legitimate problem not because of even the skills, it is because it is now in a state where if buffed too much it's too strong, but if you try to wrangle it in it is near useless. It is not a healthy class and deserves to be revamped from the ground up, because it is not serving this game any justice.

Archived