[Suggestion] Dailies and The Map — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestion] Dailies and The Map

Which I have dibs on if the ever add creating bands.

If something, usually an event, is a daily, it is something that should show you where it is on the map, no matter where you are on the map. It shouldn't be something that only shows when you are close. And things that have counts and/or timers and things like that? How about having that in the mouse over UI, so we can decide if we'll even make it there in time before going? Progress bars on mouse over? You bet.

Example: I'm in Lake Doric. I need skirmishes. Richard Dawson, "Show me...'Skirmishes!'"

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

Comments

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not necessary, that's already taken care of in your options by choosing to show only events and not your personal story...the indicator disappears the minute the event is over...not hard to use at all, and with mounts it's so much easier to move around maps this isn't even needed.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaklex.6308 said:
    Not necessary, that's already taken care of in your options by choosing to show only events and not your personal story...the indicator disappears the minute the event is over...not hard to use at all, and with mounts it's so much easier to move around maps this isn't even needed.

It just shows the closest things to you, or 'some' bosses sometimes that they have flagged zone wide.

I'm talking about sitting at the gate by Divinity's Reach in Lake Doric, and seeing 'all' instances of a skirmish happening on the map, mouse over, and it shows you the progress bars. That kind of thing.

Another example. You are at Shatterer. You mouse over the collection standing way over at the WP where we all wait. It tells you [count/total], and if completed, the remaining 'count down' time left before he finally waddles off.

The daily is 4 events in Brisden? Show me every single event currently happening across the entire map, regardless of where I'm standing, complete with useful detailed information about each one's progress when you mouse over.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2017

I would love it. I would be happy just to be able to see all the events on the big map but that and a timer would be so nice.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaklex.6308 said:

Actually, that is bugged. If you do not have 100% completion of the map the non-events will take priority no matter what you selected in preferences.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.