What keeps you from raids?

Cyrin.1035

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This, by far. I've been in multiple raid guilds and most of them want exp people, which I am not.

Additionally, everytime I find a pug group, we fail VG. Constantly. Berserker boon chronos, no-banner warrs, and just random stat builds. It takes ages to find the right people, and for someone who has low exp in raiding, it's deterring me from actually trying to raid.

For me there are two main problems:

1. My main class (necro) isn't needed in raids at all, other classes I can play aren't needed a lot either. I could create a character just for raids, but it would be hard to play a class I have no experience with. Also, different bosses require different classes, which makes it even worse (i.e. I can't just make one condi warrior and be always welcome).
  2. It's hard to find a group unless you have 9999999999+ LI. I don't.

@"Vault Girl.6792" said:For me there are two main problems:

1. My main class (necro) isn't needed in raids at all, other classes I can play aren't needed a lot either. I could create a character just for raids, but it would be hard to play a class I have no experience with. Also, different bosses require different classes, which makes it even worse (i.e. I can't just make one condi warrior and be always welcome).

Will guess you've dabbed into Raids. What is an "LI"?

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"Vault Girl.6792" said:For me there are two main problems:

Will guess you've dabbed into Raids. What is an "LI"?

"Legendary Insights." They drop off each boss, are used for Legendary armor, and prior to legendary armor they were used as a measure of how many bosses you'd beaten, but now that people have been able to actually spend them on the armor they are less useful for that.

I physically cannot raid. I've done it in the past, I have 50ish insights I think, it was with my old long time guildmates of 4 years and even then it was incredibly stressful. There are a number of reasons but it all boils down to the fact that I have a sensory processing disorder which creates a lot of problems for me. I struggle very much with talking in large groups unless I know them very very well, my reflexes are almost non-existent so any sort of fast reaction just isn't going to happen, having to deal with many types of information at once just makes me panic and shut down so any boss that has more than 2-3 mechanics isn't really possible for me especially when you add a TS room with people calling out and shouting. I really love this game and I'm able to play almost 100% of it solo if I take my time (thank goodness the last boss fight in the most recent LS wasn't time gated!) but raids and also fractals are really a no go for me, it's exhausting mentally and physically to even try, and explaining my situation to LFG strangers isn't really met with understanding or patience, we are on the internet after all. I was always given the impression that guild wars was a game for all levels of interest and skill but it feels like they massively leave out their disabled fans which really saddens me.

I'm not sure that there's any single reason. I guess I'd say that, overall, I don't enjoy them. Completing them isn't intrinsically rewarding for me. Combine that with my tremors, the time it takes to complete, and the nasty attitudes, and you'd have to pay me to even attempt them. I vastly prefer relaxing activities like leveling, meta, or achievements.

Edit: I tried to skirt around it, but Polarfairy basically elaborated for me. Didn't expect to see someone else with the same issue.

@Polarfairy.8046 said:I was always given the impression that guild wars was a game for all levels of interest and skill but it feels like they massively leave out their disabled fans which really saddens me.

I don't mean this in a mean way, (and it probably will sound mean ). But I don't think many games are developed with disabled people in mind, purely because it doesn't make sense when 90% of the players will not be disabled. Gw2 is the most casual game I've ever played, if it was any more low effort and inclusive i really don't think i'd take any enjoyment from it at all, while i am understanding of your plight, i am happy that the game is designed as is, keeping some challenge in some content.

Lack of a seperate mode (story ) to give advantage for more ppl to join and see how raids are.Right now i know it is an end game area, but not having an extra mode like dungeons and fractals, is very restricted to most of ppl to join them.With a story mode, more ppl will get familiar with mechanics and the toxicity of lfg will calm down.Of cource the rewards restrictions will be present, such as legendary armor comopletion.

Also should state that, I have only 2 classes I'm comfortable with. The rest of them I can barely survive/deal with in PvE.That said, from the 2 classes I'm comfortable with, one of them would never be able to Raid, which would be my thief.Pistol theif would get kicked out before I even load into the raid area.The next is Necro and/or Scourge (I never liked Reaper and will never like Reaper).

Necros are another if they see the symbol they would kick out.

So there's 0 chance of me ever getting to see a raid.

My only problem is the time aspect. Specifically the fact that I'd need to have enough time to do a raid, at the same time on the same day of the week almost every week. That just doesn't happen for me.

I think what I need to do is find an evening that's usually convenient and book it out as my raid night (and find a group that's doing raids then) so I plan to be free on that night. Not sure it'd work every week, but I assume I'm not the only one in that situation so raid groups are probably used to people having to miss some weeks.

Wife, child and job keep me busy, I'd love to get legendary armor and what not but I just don't have the time or commitment for it....

If only there was a way for us to obtain leg armor via credit card, someone like myself doesn't have the time to grind but will be more than willing to fork over 50-100 bucks for a set.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Also should state that, I have only 2 classes I'm comfortable with. The rest of them I can barely survive/deal with in PvE.That said, from the 2 classes I'm comfortable with, one of them would never be able to Raid, which would be my thief.Pistol theif would get kicked out before I even load into the raid area.The next is Necro and/or Scourge (I never liked Reaper and will never like Reaper).

Back when I started raiding I did it with a marauder daredevil. Had just started with the game and was my first ascended set after hunting down achieves everywhere for it. I got in a guild that took me even with a subpar gear build like that and after a couple weeks of raiding twice a week I was comfortable enough to start migrating into full berserker's, the first month went by and I was killing every boss in wings 1, 2 and 3. Fast forward to now and I got two legendary armor sets made and enough for the third, tried every class and geared every class too even though I only just pug a full clear on reset night. What changed the game for me was joining a guild and maybe that'll help you; you'll fail, you'll most likely cause wipes and you will learn from it as long as you want to learn. I wouldn't give up

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Also should state that, I have only 2 classes I'm comfortable with. The rest of them I can barely survive/deal with in PvE.That said, from the 2 classes I'm comfortable with, one of them would never be able to Raid, which would be my thief.Pistol theif would get kicked out before I even load into the raid area.The next is Necro and/or Scourge (I never liked Reaper and will never like Reaper).

Back when I started raiding I did it with a marauder daredevil. Had just started with the game and was my first ascended set after hunting down achieves everywhere for it. I got in a guild that took me even with a subpar gear build like that and after a couple weeks of raiding twice a week I was comfortable enough to start migrating into full berserker's, the first month went by and I was killing every boss in wings 1, 2 and 3. Fast forward to now and I got two legendary armor sets made and enough for the third, tried every class and geared every class too even though I only just pug a full clear on reset night. What changed the game for me was joining a guild and maybe that'll help you; you'll fail, you'll most likely cause wipes and you will learn from it as long as you want to learn. I wouldn't give up

So you're saying there's a guild out there that would allow a Necro to raid? I only have a few ascended at the moment (right now working on getting 1 more ring and 1 more amulet from living world maps to have all ascended accessories and have 3 out of 4 ascended weapons on me. My armour is still exotic though).I've always been a condition Necro since the beginning as I liked playing condition so I've been playing/aiming for Vipers.

Still not sure where or how to get someone to not go "Lol, Necro? No. Eat skritt and die." or something.

Nearly impossible with pugs, but it's a must because the legendary armor skin is locked behind raiding.So the game tells you to back off if you don't have an organised group with voice chat to raid.Pug raiding should be made possible by balancing classes for the raid aspect. So we can see some buildand player diversity. Other than getting the legendary armor skin, I don't have any reason to raid because it's the most boring aspect of the game.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Also should state that, I have only 2 classes I'm comfortable with. The rest of them I can barely survive/deal with in PvE.That said, from the 2 classes I'm comfortable with, one of them would never be able to Raid, which would be my thief.Pistol theif would get kicked out before I even load into the raid area.The next is Necro and/or Scourge (I never liked Reaper and will never like Reaper).

So you're saying there's a guild out there that would allow a Necro to raid? I only have a few ascended at the moment (right now working on getting 1 more ring and 1 more amulet from living world maps to have all ascended accessories and have 3 out of 4 ascended weapons on me. My armour is still exotic though).I've always been a condition Necro since the beginning as I liked playing condition so I've been playing/aiming for Vipers.

Still not sure where or how to get someone to not go "Lol, Necro? No. Eat skritt and die." or something.

Do you know about groups like the Raider's Inn?, they take noobs of any kind and help them get up to speed. There's also the subreddit for recruitment but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it.

If you're on tonight I'll whisper you and get you some more groups, I don't mind. If you wanna try you will get your chance, I guarantee it.

Archived