Unholy Martyr slight change

Lahmia.2193

So I've recently tried out the new Unholy Martyr and I'm liking the change. However it seems odd that the life force gain comes when you exit shroud, rather than at the start as you cannot make use of it for another 10 seconds. So the suggestion would be to nerf to life force gain to 4% per condition but move it to the conditions you draw to yourself when you enter shroud (therefore adding up to a total of 20%, a 1% nerf on the current version).

@Lahmia.2193 said:

So I've recently tried out the new Unholy Martyr and I'm liking the change. However it seems odd that the life force gain comes when you exit shroud, rather than at the start as you cannot make use of it for another 10 seconds. So the suggestion would be to nerf to life force gain to 4% per condition but move it to the conditions you draw to yourself when you enter shroud (therefore adding up to a total of 20%, a 1% nerf on the current version).

Your math is a bit wrong there only 3 conditions get eaten as of currently its 7% per condi 21% at most with your changes you gain12% upon entering not very useful for a grand master. Not to mention does that mean you now pull condi when you exit shroud which would be much worse.

While i do like the change for Unholy I only use it with reaper as it seems kind of pointless on any other spec. Reaper is the only one who ever really needs that extra LF to keep up Core does not eat lf fast enough to need it scourge would have to drop a whole traitline just for it and then it would only be usable once every 20ish seconds not good at all.

@ZDragon.3046 said:@Lahmia.2193 said:

Your math is a bit wrong there only 3 conditions get eaten as of currently its 7% per condi 21% at most with your changes you gain12% upon entering not very useful for a grand master. Not to mention does that mean you now pull condi when you exit shroud which would be much worse.

While i do like the change for Unholy I only use it with reaper as it seems kind of pointless on any other spec. Reaper is the only one who ever really needs that extra LF to keep up Core does not eat lf fast enough to need it scourge would have to drop a whole traitline just for it and then it would only be usable once every 20ish seconds not good at all.

It's 5 condions drawn, so 4% per condi would be 20% gained at the start.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

You dont understand how the skill works you draw 5 conditions however the skill eats up to 3 of the conditions and gives you life force. So what ever % of life force you want to use you can only go times 3, so 4% x 3 = 12%https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unholy_MartyrPlease be sure to read the tool tips carefully :) No where in your original post did you propose the skill consuming all 5 conditions so we have to assume its still only going to eat 3.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

You dont understand how the skill works you draw 5 conditions however the skill eats up to 3 of the conditions and gives you life force. So what ever % of life force you want to use you can only go times 3, so 4% x 3 = 12%
Please be sure to read the tool tips carefully :) No where in your original post did you propose the skill consuming all 5 conditions so we have to assume its still only going to eat 3.

"nerf the life force gain to 4% per condition but move it to the conditions you draw to yourself when you enter shroud"Aside from the original typo, what part of that don't you understand?

Archived