[Weaver Feedback]: Stances

Za Shaloc.3908

Hey all, so I thought I would share my suggestions for stances here as well as create this thread for any dialogue on them. I absolutely love playing the specialization, but I think it could use some changes.

Please note: everything suggested below is all from a PvP perspective, and simply gathered from my experience playing mostly sword/dagger.

Aquatic Stance: Disappointing. I don't like that it applies from the enemy's location. Aqua Siphon already does this and has the same animation. Its current implementation makes it near useless for the scepter and staff, and still clunky for sword and dagger.-Have the heals emanate from you.-Decrease the activation time by .25 to .5 seconds.-Lower the strike cooldown by .5 seconds.-For each charge, give it a 7-10 second duration with 5 application charges. You'll still get the same max potential healing, it'll just be easier to execute all 5 applications.I appreciate that it shares the healing with others despite Weaver being a more selfish spec than Tempest. Healing Power works really well with the spec, so buffing this to give more consistent team support would be welcome.

Also: There is a bug where, at least in PvP, the on-heal proc runes don't activate when using this stance (e.g. Rune of Dwayna, the Adventurer, the Revenant, etc.). There could be some cool synergy there, but this bug is preventing it.

Primordial Stance: I personally like this skill. I find it of course mostly relevant for condi and sword or dagger builds, but it's a pretty nice skill regardless. Perhaps it could scale more with power damage?

Stone Resonance: Undertuned. It's just too weak in its current implementation. I use it in open world for the traited stability, but otherwise it just doesn't feel worth it.-Decrease the interval by .5 seconds. It pulses too slowly. This would then make the active time 2.5 seconds.-Increase the scaling for the barrier applied.-Maybe have it apply protection as well? Or perhaps slow in a 200 radius? I doubt they'd attach Stability since Bolstered Elements does that.-I liked somebody's suggestion about it applying the barrier to allies as well. This and Aquatic Stance could then be the two group-oriented stances.

Unravel:I don't like it at all. To me, it lasting 5 seconds feels very awkward. It's both too short and too long, if that makes sense. My suggestion:-Increase charges to 3.-Reduce recharge to 15-20 seconds.-5 second duration still stays but the rest would change:"You fully attune to the next element you swap to. Gain one second of quickness upon swap. Cooldown of your following swap is reduced by 1 second."So this only lasts for one swap instead of multiple, but the charges are increased and the cooldown reduced.Why the quickness? The fully attuned 3 skills (at least on sword) have long cast times and clunky ranges, so the quickness could help actually land them.

Twist of Fate:Love this skill. Wouldn't change a thing. It's so damn beautiful too. 10/10.

Weave Self:Nice idea, strange execution. I still like it though, even if I only successfully pull off Tailored Victory ~50% of the time. To polish it I would say:-Increase the active duration of Perfect Weave to 15 seconds. 10 seconds is too short for something that requires a lot of premeditation and preactivation.-Woven Fire increases power damage by 10% in addition to the condition damage. This shouldn't just benefit conditions, in my opinion.-Increase the toughness gained to 400 for Woven Earth. Kinda arbitrary change here honestly, but I think it could use a boost. Perhaps it could be a flat damage reduction instead, to fit the rest of the buffs from the elite (percentage increases rather than flat stat increases).-On Woven Water, change the outgoing healing effectiveness to overall healing effectiveness. It is a more selfish skill, so I think it's a bit strange that it doesn't increase self-healing. Correct me if I am mistaken on this one.-Perhaps for Woven Air, you could become immune to immobilize in addition to the movement speed increase?-Apply 2 seconds of quickness upon Perfect Weave.

Trait: Bolstered Elements:A decent trait that would shine more if Stone Resonance got buffed. The cooldown on Lesser Stone Resonance could probably be reduced to 45 seconds. Something that bothers me about this is that it triggers at the same health threshold as Final Shielding. This just seems weird to me because Barrier and Arcane Shield are very different and to an extent, conflicting defensive mechanisms.

Thoughts? I may have overtuned some of these, but overall I feel like the stances are underperforming, which is why these are all buffs. Would love to hear your suggestions as well.

Aquatic Stance:I like to see it to be an aoe condi clear per hit as well as a heal at the level its has now.Primordial Stance:Air need to be an aoe weakness not viabltily.Stone Resonance:Needs to have a better scaling self barrier needs to be stronger then aoe barrier.Unravel:Needs to have an effect bast off the atument you "drop."Twist of Fate:Needs a build in short lasting stab evasion dose not effect lines and often it looks like you should be able to go over the lines when your in a "mid" jump of the effect.Weave Self:The "boon" effects needs updating.Fire should be condi dmg + and duration.Air needs to be a 50% cast speed and movement speed.Water needs to be a much stronger boon duration and a blunt + healing power so you can get more use out of it for your self weaver not realty a support so out going heal dose not fit well.Earth needs to have a -% to condis and stuns duration as well as the armor +.

I only use twist of fate and Weave self, but +2s superspeed on twist of fate wouldn't hurt. Also Weave self doesn't work with runes on Elite activation. I like your idea of quickness upon perfect wave, but first things first, we should be able to cast it while moving. Stopping the headless chicken race 1/2s to channel doesn't feel right.

Delete Unravel, make something useful. Another teleport would be lovely, or a stance that blocks unblockables.

Aquatic Stance: Just kinda crappy, I am not sure other than for group content where this would get any use in solo play. Ever. Not really sure what they could do to relaly make it worth while because its just not going to be good enough to take over from Signet of Restoration.

primordial Stance: Quite a solid skill, the one thing i dont like. They are all conditions we already have access to. I would have liked to have them add conditions we dont get an access to without sigils or runesets such as Torment or Confusion.

Stone Resonance: Poor. Very poor. It is simply put pathetic! a 3.5k Barrier on a 50second cool down!? How did this manage to egt into the game in its poor state and for most it would be less, i have high Healing power and Vitality. It needs a BIG buff, at least double the barrier. Big recharge cool down, id say 30seconds.

Unravel: Another rather poor skill, useless unless you're Zerg surfing as a Zerk Staff ele. Any other time, not worth taking.

Twist of Fate: Hated it at the start, love it now.

Weave Self: Pretty decent, nothing special or anything I do wish the Healing Effectiveness affected me as well. I HATE healing increase effects that dont affect the person that is using them.

the trait, i dont care about because i dont use it. It should proc at 75% health imo so that it isnt fighting Final Shielding.

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:I only use twist of fate and Weave self, but +2s superspeed on twist of fate wouldn't hurt. Also Weave self doesn't work with runes on Elite activation. I like your idea of quickness upon perfect wave, but first things first, we should be able to cast it while moving. Stopping the headless chicken race 1/2s to channel doesn't feel right.

Delete Unravel, make something useful. Another teleport would be lovely, or a stance that blocks unblockables.

2 seconds of superspeed would be nice, especially with the lack of mobility that Weaver has, but I think that Twist of Fate if probably our best stance and the most balanced, so I don't necessarily think it needs tweaking. I wouldn't complain about more superspeed though.Speaking of being stuck in place, Rust Frenzy could use some love. Some sort of immobilize or daze or something to help it land. But I digress.I would also like for Unravel to be reworked, and I was thinking some sort of movement skill would honestly be best (like your teleport suggested), but I have doubts that they'd rework a skill from ground zero, which is why I suggested to make it a little better. Still worth using? Not entirely sure, but it would make it a bit more competitive. As of now, without ever having Unravel on my bar, I almost never attune with sword/dagger because I feel it's too punishing. I'll accidentally catch myself doing it in water or earth, but I feel that screws me over more than anything. Perhaps I'm not playing it right, but there needs to be more incentive to double-attune, or at least a lesser punishment. I still like the person's (not sure who) suggestion about being able to double-attune by just "clicking" the attunement twice (current attunement doesn't go on cooldown), but again, I remain doubtful that they'd completely rework Unravel. Hopefully the almost unanimous dislike for the skill will influence them.

I really do think stone resonance needs something like pulsing protection. Ele usually builds vit>toughness in builds due to low base hp thus getting melted by power builds such as holosmith. Higher protection up-time would solve this issue. The lesser stone resonance from the trait also needs a reduced CD.

@"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:Aquatic Stance: Just kinda crappy, I am not sure other than for group content where this would get any use in solo play. Ever. Not really sure what they could do to relaly make it worth while because its just not going to be good enough to take over from Signet of Restoration.

primordial Stance: Quite a solid skill, the one thing i dont like. They are all conditions we already have access to. I would have liked to have them add conditions we dont get an access to without sigils or runesets such as Torment or Confusion.

Stone Resonance: Poor. Very poor. It is simply put pathetic! a 3.5k Barrier on a 50second cool down!? How did this manage to egt into the game in its poor state and for most it would be less, i have high Healing power and Vitality. It needs a BIG buff, at least double the barrier. Big recharge cool down, id say 30seconds.

Unravel: Another rather poor skill, useless unless you're Zerg surfing as a Zerk Staff ele. Any other time, not worth taking.

Twist of Fate: Hated it at the start, love it now.

Weave Self: Pretty decent, nothing special or anything I do wish the Healing Effectiveness affected me as well. I HATE healing increase effects that dont affect the person that is using them.

the trait, i dont care about because i dont use it. It should proc at 75% health imo so that it isnt fighting Final Shielding.

Yeah, the fact that they are already conditions we have access to can be frustrating because it is easier for opponents to manage our conditions since the types are more limited, but I personally feel that is a better design. I think it's unhealthy for classes to have access to so many different conditions, like Scourge. It would be cool from a thematic standpoint to have the "mix" of elements create new conditions, but I think that would just be flooding our condition access too much. My two cents.

Do you have any suggestions on Aquatic Stance? LIke if it were to be reworked completely?

@ChivalrousKnight.7201 said:I really do think stone resonance needs something like pulsing protection. Ele usually builds vit>toughness in builds due to low base hp thus getting melted by power builds such as holosmith. Higher protection up-time would solve this issue. The lesser stone resonance from the trait also needs a reduced CD.

Yeah, I get absolutely melted by Holosmiths. I fear them the most. I feel like the protection would only do so much, but having it pulse slow may make it useful for fighting on points as well (AoE barrier, personal protection, and AoE slow sounds nice, but perhaps too overloaded in one skill).

Archived