Are you satisfied with the armor designs of your race/gender?

Cyrin.1035

I hear from Asura, Charr, and Sylvari races the most that they are not satisfied with the armor designs they have as options. The Charr have endless clipping issues and want better helms. Some of the Female Asuras feel their armor isn't feminine enough or much different from the male Asura. Human armor is mostly variations of skirts, trenchcoats, and full-plate armor.

Is this enough for you? Or is it time for something new?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.Heavy Armour, I have no nice helmets that covers my face, chin, and shoulders and not looking too decorative and comical.Medium armour, I have barely any tops that aren't long-sleeved or a long coat and then the ones that aren't long-sleeved or long coats makes me look like a boar.Light armour, I either look like a nun or a boar. I want pants. I just want pants. Not boar pants. PANTS.

It seems the only ones that get good armour are Asurans.

I notice it most as Asura, helmets are rarely if ever designed for the threepronged feet and large ears of the asura.Sometimes they’re cut off like unnecessary bodyparts, and sometimes they protrude through the armor.Its weird how inconsistent and ugly this is.Fix helmets and boots for Asura, anet.

Props on the Mursaat Boots we got in chapter 5 though, that one was really designed with Charr and Asura in mind, but I still dont wear it because I cant disable the glowing medallion on the knee.. not sure why thats there but its hella ugly

I have only female toons. I am very satisfied with light armors and very unhappy with heavy and medium armors. By those last ones, there are very little I like, worst being with the shoes. I therefore tend to use outfit for my toons with heavy and medium armors.

I would dream of more feminine armors for heavy and medium. I know that heavy and medium are not supposed to be very feminine, but well, it is a game, not reality. :)

heck no! this game has the worst armor and costumes i have seen in a triple A mmo. you make a beautiful toon only to cover it up and make it look like ironman or the swamp creature. but, it wont change. game is five years old. this should have been brought up four years ago.

@ardhikaizecson.3697 said:I hate that most of the outfit and armor for females are kinda revealing. I never liked inappropriate clothes or costumes it gives me the impression that my female toon is kinda.. you know.. and prefer my female toon to wear appropriate clothing.

Like a boar.Will never understand why it's so hard to just make a middle ground set.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@ardhikaizecson.3697 said:I hate that most of the outfit and armor for females are kinda revealing. I never liked inappropriate clothes or costumes it gives me the impression that my female toon is kinda.. you know.. and prefer my female toon to wear appropriate clothing.

Like a boar.Will never understand why it's so hard to just make a middle ground set.

YupNever seen a female mage in a fantasy world to wear only bras and hot pants for battle.

All my chars are human female.

Light armor is A+, tons of very cute and attractive armors still being added.

Medium is pretty bad, besides gem store viper leggings it has no good legs. Not many good bodies, either. Only like one usable feet, the human female tier3 cultural. Pretty bad.

Heavy is awful, phalanx pants are the only usable pants and not even that great. All boots are awful, only a few usable bodies from back in vanilla. The WORST armor.

More cute, attractive and sexy armor. More boob windows, especially for heavy and medium, please.

I like the look of cultural armor for each non-human race, but they have become quite stale after 5 years. It would have been interesting to have had new cultural sets added with each expansion tied to the new region, like jungle gear for HoT or desert gear for PoF (seriously, what would Sylvari desert garb look like?).

we lack heavy armored bikini's....jk

Pauldrons are ugly, and the armor on the arms are just gloves + pauldrons on heavy armors, not really a full armored breatsplate+arms.I can always see the toon thin armor on the heavy armor :skull:Helmets needs more improvementsWe need less shiny neon armorsWe need less barbecue portable armors.

Archived