Power or Ferocity stacks?

Sakurai.5749

Honestly wouldn't bother with a stacking sigil.

Force/Accuracy on hammer,Hydromancy/X on staff

X being a swap or interupt sigil. I'm honestly toying with the idea of using geomancy. Will have to check the numbers but if I can get a 500 aoe crit I might do it over my current leeching. Currently I can get an easy 25 might so those bleeds might actally do something now. Draining is another possible route if you are running shiro. Staff 2, staff 5 and jade winds are aoe rupts.

@"Sakurai.5749" said:close to 100% actually im about 94% crit. Weird BUT i feel like I was doing more damage with Sigil of Cruelty... Is there any other way to test this than killing mobs and letting them stack?

I don't think so... There's not like a "max sigil stack" setting for the raid dps golem settings.

You could do a few dps tests giving yourself only banner of strength (170 power) and a few with only banner of discipline (170 ferocity/precision)... It's not the exact number, but it's probably the closest way I can think of besides running around getting stacks.

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Sakurai.5749" said:close to 100% actually im about 94% crit. Weird BUT i feel like I was doing more damage with Sigil of Cruelty... Is there any other way to test this than killing mobs and letting them stack?

I don't think so... There's not like a "max sigil stack" setting for the raid dps golem settings.

You could do a few dps tests giving yourself only banner of strength (170 power) and a few with only banner of discipline (170 ferocity/precision)... It's not the exact number, but it's probably the closest way I can think of besides running around getting stacks.

ah yes! thanks, will definitely try that out!

@Sakurai.5749 said:

@Blueraz.2416 said:100% crit and bloodlust @ 25 stacks im at about 3k damage before might buffs even go into the equation.

im guessing you have force and accuracy on your hammer?

No i have bloodlust and force on my hammer. renegade trait line is eazy to get to 100% crit. Most of the time i am at 103% crit. I had to change my gear around some just to get it at 100.

You also have to look at the overall damage your outputting. How much more ferocity do you get with the 25 stacks and how much more damage does that output bring?

If you have 25 stacks of power + the same 100% crit will that do more damage based on the furocity difference?

@Thustlewhumber.7416 said:Power is a function of base damage without a critical hit; Ferocity is a function of damage when you get a critical hit. If you have ~100% critical chance percentage, you should be maxing your ferocity, not power.

Hammer skills favor the power stat in the base damage. Crit damage is as much based off the base damage as it is the crit chance.

The more ferocity/crit damage you have the less prominent it's addition becomes.

This is what narcx is refering to. Even at base 50% crit damage, adding 250 (250/15=16.66) increases damage from crits by 11.11% (166.66/150). At 961+150 ferocity, adding 250 ferocity increases crit strike damage by 7.5%.

All of this is fairly irrelevant though as stacking sigils are kind of bad.

Archived