[Suggestions] Gem Store, General Gameplay

Please ArenaNet, stop shoving as much stuff as you can into the gem store, enough is enough.Actually add some meaningful things for people to do for a change, like actual gear and weapons that like drops from bosses etc.That way those of us who don't want to raid or PvP have things to do.And it would be nice if you focused on improving the stat systems on gear in general, so there's an incentivised reason to go for the stuff beyond its cosmetic application. It just bloody annoys me that this game has become more about flavour then it is about substance.I have no issues with the story telling and narrative direction of the game, I'll make that clear. But yeah "Gear" ANet "Gear"And finally one last thing improve game performance, its frankly appalling how un-optimized this game is after so long.

They need a dynamic gem store so that people do micro (or not) transactions, which provides them the cash flow needed to produce content.

The red line is : "Use the gem store to provide cash flow to create new content for the gem store." The content creation is supposed to be aimed at players through balance of skills, new stuff, new maps, LWS etc. I have absolutely no clue how much of developement time is dedicated to "create content for the gem store", but I'm 100% certain we'll never know about that.

It's sad, because a lot of good titles in the gaming industry turned into that : empty shiny shells made to be sold and to spur microtransactions through a store. Megabucks and shareholder value, but players, in all this, are still starving.

@MsNineTailz.9508 said:Actually add some meaningful things for people to do for a change, like actual gear and weapons that like drops from bosses etc.

Thanks but no thanks. I'm way over the days of waiting on RNG gear drops from bosses, like those in the old WoW days.

@MsNineTailz.9508 said:That way those of us who don't want to raid or PvP have things to do.

I don't raid, PvP, or even WvW (anymore) and I still have loads to do. For example, I'm not working towards my next legendary weapon, farming gold for Mount Adoption Licenses, and farming materials for the new Stellar/Astral weapon sets.

Archived