Renegade is slow

Smeerlap.2698

Renegade running speed is slow compared to other classes.Running speed while wielding Sword or Axe is slow.. running with Short Bow is just horrible... its feels like 10% faster of being crippled.If not for Rune of the Traveller (stats +25 run speed) i would have stopped playing this on long ago, but theres better runes out there as we know.

And while i'm at it, there is no skill to transfer conditions (poison, burn, bleed) or shake it off .. there is just no way to get rid of them while other classes seem to be way better with this.

Ranger , Necro have pets that pull conditions or stances that get rid of them.. just to name a few.Renegade..nada, ziltch.. nothing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Smeerlap.2698 said:Renegade running speed is slow compared to other classes.Running speed while wielding Sword or Axe is slow.. running with Short Bow is just horrible... its feels like 10% faster of being crippled.If not for Rune of the Traveller (stats +25 run speed) i would have stopped playing this on long ago, but theres better runes out there as we know.

And while i'm at it, there is no skill to transfer conditions (poison, burn, bleed) or shake it off .. there is just no way to get rid of them while other classes seem to be way better with this.

Ranger , Necro have pets that pull conditions or stances that get rid of them.. just to name a few.Renegade..nada, ziltch.. nothing.

Revenant is slow.No leaps, no dashes, no teleports with no target.Herald has perma swiftness... woah... so useful...

I would like to see some weapons rework, like Hammer skill 3 ( if you don't press anything you will return to the starting point. if you press you will teleport where the hit land ) for an instance.

Currently i use runes of the traveller too, but a good alternative is to have invocation, with rapid flow.

Did you play Warrior before, with the trait that gives speed when equipping melee weap? And/or Necro with same thing only with dagger? Any other toon moves the same speed, albeit Norn and Char do FEEL like they moving slow, they are not. And we have Pain Absorption, which gives resistance, and Soothing Stone which Heal yourself and remove conditions. Gain retaliation.Only valid point you make is that yea, we do suffer from lack of handy condi clears...but "slow", nope, not a thing, especially with mounts now. ;)

Revenant is a huge improvement with running speeds..actually i would expect some of those perma buffs to be on Renagade.Legendary renegade's are not that mindblowing tbh, and the elite skill drains you stamina bar so fast you will be stuck with pressing 1 only.

But okay nvm that, running speed needs to be better for starters.. really.

@"Joxer.6024" said:Did you play Warrior before, with the trait that gives speed when equipping melee weap? And/or Necro with same thing only with dagger? Any other toon moves the same speed, albeit Norn and Char do FEEL like they moving slow, they are not. And we have Pain Absorption, which gives resistance, and Soothing Stone which Heal yourself and remove conditions. Gain retaliation.Only valid point you make is that yea, we do suffer from lack of handy condi clears...but "slow", nope, not a thing, especially with mounts now. ;)

Got all classes except thief, and that one suppose to be capable of speeds over mach 1.But whats the use of a mount in a pvp fight ?. whats the point if someone dances around you while you bleed to death? and have nothing to counter it.. let alone run away.

like i said, renagade is SLOW.

@Edds.7681 said:renegade heal reduces condi damage. jalis heal removes 3. ventari removes 3 every 4seconds. Cleansing Channel removes 1 each time you legend swap. Eluding Nullification removes 1 every 10seconds from a dodge. i guess its a problem if you stick to raid only builds.

Just to say, you can't have all.Only 2 legend not 3.Cleansing Channel is on the Invocation trait line, Eluding Nullification on Redemption.Kalla don't have any cleanse, and the heal can be cc or killed.Jalis heal has a 1s cast time (it is slow).Ventari cleanse has a 25 energy cost, that is a lot.

@"Jack Skywalker.5674" said:Lighting combo field from Jallis+mace 3 is one combo not mentioned here. Renegade just adds more damage options and no new mobility skills.

The problem is that revenant ( not renegade ) has no options in order to get

• flat 25% movement speed ( like passive traits or sigils, as every other class has ).
  • Movement skills ( Leaps, teleports to target, teleports with no target requirement, Swiftness, etc ). Herald is not core, and it's only a permanent swiftness.
  • Swiftness ( no traits nor skills, except Rapid Flow ).

It does absolutely need a rework in terms of mobility.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@"Jack Skywalker.5674" said:Lighting combo field from Jallis+mace 3 is one combo not mentioned here. Renegade just adds more damage options and no new mobility skills.

• flat 25% movement speed ( like passive traits or sigils, as every other class has ).
  • Movement skills ( Leaps, teleports to target, teleports with no target requirement, Swiftness, etc ). Herald is not core, and it's only a permanent swiftness.
  • Swiftness ( no traits nor skills, except
    ).

No, the problem with Revenant is Why is this in the thief subforum?

@Sojourner.4621 said:

).

No, the problem with Revenant is
Why is this in the thief subforum?

AhAhAhAhA didn't notice it :lol:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

).

Lets see now...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Surge_of_the_Mists - pretty much rushes you forwardhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathstrike - requires targethttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unrelenting_Assault - requires target but is insanely good for chasinghttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Impossible_Odds - super speed and quicknesshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Riposting_Shadows - can be used as a movement skill (The backwards evade transverses 600 units)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unyielding_Anguish - 600 range leaphttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Inspiring_Reinforcement + https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phase_Smash + https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drop_the_Hammer = swiftness

Core can be mobile in fights even without the 25% movement speed (how bad is a passive 25% movement in active combat game is another story).Now if they added 25% movement trait to the ventari line it would be so much fun.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

).

Lets see now...

- pretty much rushes you forward
- requires target
- requires target but is insanely good for chasing
- super speed and quickness
- can be used as a movement skill (The backwards evade transverses 600 units)
- 600 range leap
+
+
= swiftness

Core can be mobile in fights even without the 25% movement speed (how bad is a passive 25% movement in active combat game is another story).Now if they added 25% movement trait to the ventari line it would be so much fun.

I forget to remove teleport on target, and instead i add them.But i laughed so much at 5 staff skill.Thank you.

So let's do a simple recap

Ahahahaha

Target required

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unrelenting_Assault - requires target but is insanely good for chasing

Target required

Not used to roam or simply moving.Shiro legend required.Does not apply swiftness.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Riposting_Shadows - can be used as a movement skill (The backwards evade transverses 600 units)

Are you serious?Should we make a 180 degrees macro + skill?Let just the mesmers exploit with staff 2 skill.

30 energy for a 600 leap which does not give swiftness and could put you in combat because of the huge persistent aoe

This one is probably a joke

So, definitely.Renegade has NO way to get swiftness and has no way to move forward unless he's following sombody who wants to kill ( or a critter is there ).

@Shirlias.8104 said:

).

Lets see now...

- pretty much rushes you forward
- requires target
- requires target but is insanely good for chasing
- super speed and quickness
- can be used as a movement skill (The backwards evade transverses 600 units)
- 600 range leap
+
+
= swiftness

I forget to remove teleport on target, and instead i add them.But i laughed so much at 5 staff skill.Thank you.

Well it moves you faster than walking so it counts. :)

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:Well it moves you faster than walking so it counts. :)

yeah let's say it counts :lol:Btw i edited

Read them,.For WvW solo roaming Renegade might be a bad choice.For WvW group roaming as long as someone bring group swiftness you are fine.For WvW zerg does it really matter what you do when you are reading a comics?For Open world - Raptor > all movement skills.For PvP there are people that can give you swiftness and plenty of targets.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

Read them,.For WvW solo roaming Renegade might be a bad choice.For WvW group roaming as long as someone bring group swiftness you are fine.For WvW zerg does it really matter what you do when you are reading a comics?For Open world - Raptor > all movement skills.For PvP there are people that can give you swiftness and plenty of targets.

You don't have a way to move forward, unless u target something and enter combat, or to mantain swiftness up.You have different choices if you want to chase your target ( only if he's at range ofc, if he isn't bad news and go back the the previous part ), also due to revenant unique use of utilities, indeed.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

You don't have a way to move forward, unless u target something and enter combat, or to mantain swiftness up.You have different choices if you want to chase your target ( only if he's at range ofc, if he isn't bad news and go back the the previous part ), also due to revenant unique use of utilities, indeed.

Again what game mode are we talking about?

Archived