Guild Hall Decorations Issues

hugo.4705

Hey! I have recently join a guild and I here to post my suggestions and issues about decorations, let's start with a great issue, but maybe not for everyones: The SAB decorations, they are flashy, don't fade perfectly with the background, making a beautiful guild halls for some guild members BUT a hell for some others: Hurtful for eyes, and don't correspond complety of the environment: Easily seeable from far away... :/But here the problem, if low grade members make and install SAB decos because he likes them, and leader or other people that's don't like them.. what happens? It's create tensions inside the guild, and peoples who hate them will destroy them without any warnings just because they don't like them, ruining SAB lovers works, so I think, SAB decos can't be removed like this, in one day? How to deal with it? Some newbies just think of doing right things, putting SAB decos and other stuff around... Isn't it the right for a decorator to make decoration, and put them around the guild hall? Of course if it's random, it worth nothing, but if it look great.... It remind me this small polemic on SAB glider... :confounded:

To continue, they are a lot of SAB decos, but not enough complete basic ones: Don't have beds... Asuran turrets, wall and ground.. More realistic grass ground and walls, actually only SAB walls are available. More customization: Small norns sanctuary, lab furniture, the grove environment.... :D

Finally, what to do? Should we assign decoration to their owners and only them can destroy them? I'm very curious to know your feelings and concerns about this... Guild hall at the beginning should be a family-friendly place, to discuss, decorate and increase our scribe level, but he can become a hell...

• 4 weeks later...

Then don't allow everyone to have permissions. the idea of permissions for decdrating sucks anyways. But decorating can't be for everyone (2k object limit) It's not personal housing decorations even though anet gave us all that idea and then we found out if we weren't in with the leader we were SOL. I like how you say "low grade members" too, so mean :P I hope your guildmates don't read your posts :D

Pretty much the rules should be if u craft it u can place it, if you didn't then don't. If you didn't place it don't delete it or your permissions will be revoked. How can you tell who did what? Yeah, that's an issue of the flawed system.

First off if you don't trust people, don't give them permissions. I don't know maybe you have a lot of children in your guild or adults that act like 12 yr olds? but you shouldn't have issues with other people deleting stuff secretly. Coming from this architect, the amount of time (and i mean multiple hours!) i put into building stuff i'd be pissed if it all got deleted without warning, cause it didn't satisfy someones personal tastes.

2ndly if personal taste is an issue, only allow people to decorate there personal nooks not the general areas.

and 3rd if other officers are doing the deleting, maybe they shouldn't have permissions to decorate in the first place or give them a "temporary time out rank" where they have access to nothing for a couple days.

4rth if your "low grade" members are building jps for everyone, let them know jps are temporary? I make jps alot and tear em down alot. My jps usually up 2 weeks then i make another. One reason is that not everyone likes the clutter or look of everything. This way people can showcase their skills but it doesn't have to be a permanent thing for people with sensitive eyes.

Ultimately its the guild leaders decision on how they want to use permissions. Yes it will suck if you take permissions away cause you have sensitive eyes and don't like others personal tastes.

This is not arenanet's problem. This is your guild's problem.

People in my guild who mess with decorations they didn't place lose their decorating permissions permanently, and I use their decorations as crafting materials or give them to someone else to place.

Guild halls are not intended as personal housing, and decorations are not intended to be "owned" as they belong to the guild, not the player. If people want to "own" decorations, that's working outside the framework of the decorations system, and is something your guild's leadership and rules are in charge of, not the game.

If you want personal housing decoration systems, wait until arenanet adds such a thing to the game, or learn to fake it without arenanet.

We get around this in our guild by using a "district" approach. While we had a bunch in our last guild hall, we are now rebuilding and reinvisioning for the one we just captured.

Regarding the issue you outline, our SAB district is way up in the sky. To get there, you have to climb and then hop up a few clouds (which just feel appropriate). That way, it doesn't clash with the other districts we have, and are, building. Just a recommendation based on what worked for us.

The other district I was worried about clashing was our Halloween themed area (which we do keep up year round :) ). We got around this by using the guild mine, basically converting it into a haunted cave (with some decorations at the entrance and the nearby hill).

The trophy room is now the areas around the PVP arena and the memorial garden is at the end of the waterway in front of the waterfalls. Our pantheon to the gods (with appropriate disrespect for one particular god) is in the circle above the tavern. We still need to find a place for the library and toy room, as well as a few others, but it is coming together nicely.

The action I recommend most is to openly communicate with your guild about the vision and decoration plans for the guild hall. Involve them in the process and, together, come up with some guidelines about what and where personal areas can be built so they do not conflict with the plan for the rest of the hall.

Archived