Queen's Jubilee or Dragon's Bash?

aandiarie.7195

My preference would be a hybrid of the two. Dragon Bash theme with Jubilee events. For a few reasons:

1. Lore-wise it doesn't make sense for either to come back in it's original form as an annual event. Monarch's don't typically have a big celebration for their coronation every year, usually only on major anniversaries (1, 5, 10, 20, 30 etc.) and we're now aware that we can't simply kill all the dragons so the original theme for Dragon Bash is kind of ruined.
  2. As someone else said bringing back Dragon Bash would deprive Lunar New Year of a major bit of content.
  3. A lot of the content for both was tied to the Living Story and couldn't be re-used. Scarlet can't attack the Jubilee every year and the Aetherpirates can't attack Dragon Bash.
  4. A lot of the rest of the content was very grindy. Does anyone really want to kill 200 holograms and set off 500 fireworks every year?

But if we combined the two I think there would be enough content for a decent festival with relatively minimal work from Anet (compared to making a load of new activities). Lore-wise it could be a re-launched Dragon 'Bash' (in the sense of a party) to officially announce the idea that we can't kill all the dragons to the people of Tyria, bring them around to the idea and encourage people to think of alternatives. Maybe we could use it to officially announce Aurene's existence too. (Once we know she's on our side again.)

@"Polarfairy.8046" said:I swear when dragons bash came out it was advertised as "the first annual dragons bash festival!" as this sort of let's punch dragons in the face cause we ain't scared of no lizards celebration, I find it very weird it never came back. But yeah I don't see any of them returning.

Well, the first annual Dragon Bash wasn't a great hit. Maybe it is cancelled out of respect for the family of the late Captain Theo Ashford.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't join in and sing sing sing....

_This world has lived in shadow from a pair of demon's wings,but none here fear the future or the darkness that it brings.The monster puts on quite a show, expecting us to yield,but there's just one course of action when we take up sword and shield...

BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!Drive it right back into its den!...BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!May it never rise up again!...

We send our best and bravest to attack with all their might,the skillful and the willful each line up to join the fight.The beast may leave corruption in a swath across the land,but we won't leave it breathing when our heroes make a stand...

BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!Drive it right back into its den!BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!May it never rise up again!...

Minions come in dozens from the Peaks and from the Shore,But we face each wave with bravery and we'll never lose this war.In every brawl a few may fall but more will join the queue,and if that lizard shows it's head then this is what we'll do...

BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!Drive it right back into its den!...BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!May it never rise up again!...BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!Drive it right back into its den!...BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!May it never rise up again!...BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!May it never rise up again!..._

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/bash-the-dragon

I just want Labyrinthine Cliffs back to be used as a filler at some point. It was used as a summer event with Queen's Jubilee. Now we have not had any summer events, and it would work without the Jubilee too. That event was fun and the place was pretty.

It could also work just as it was so not really any extra work since it is already ready and is own separate map. Just add a way to get there. :)

Yeah lore-wise the Zephyrites were shot down, but they have had years to rebuild now and I don't think that would be such a big deal anyway.

Archived