Patch hype for the " condi hotfix"

Kaga.7629

@"Arheundel.6451" said:I will read the patch notes in 8hrs from now...I hope to see "scourge fixes and changes" above anything else, that would be the best second christmas gift from Anet after the Dec 2014 patch

Usually , when the patch is on ? i mean , what time ?

Should be 12pm EST (9am PST) give or take a few minutes.

Response preview (no order):

“[skill] was (slightly) nerfed and now game/mode/class is unplayable!”

“[skill] wasn’t nerfed enough wtf!”

“Scourge is still OP!”

“I could balance this game better than Anet AND achieve world peace!”

“Still not enough cleanse! I need to bathe in the pits of the underworld, drowning in seas of torment and still be able to cleanse it all.”

“Conditions should never burst even if it’s five people hitting me with condition damage skills.”

“Why didn’t Anet nerf class/specialization/build more?”

“This skill/class/build/specialization wasn’t even that OP!”

“Guess it’s a power meta now.”

“Still a condi meta.”

“Balance failed because I still died to class/specialization/build.”

“Remove conditions from GW2.”

“Toughness should reduce condition damage.”

“RIP rev.”

Im just scared that they will further nerf condition builds that are already bad.

I saw the example they made of Purging Flames on Guardian for example. Burn-guard is nowhere near viable and seeing how they are nerfing that, I can only imagine what they've got in store for condi engis, condi reapers/ core necros.Instead of nerfing core skills that has been fine for the past 5 years and have basicly never seen any use. How about they nerf the skills/ traits/ specs that are actually causing the issue.

Also, as for the "longer condi ramp up time". Considering 85% of the condi burst comes from punishment skills corrupting into torment. I don't see how they will nerf that without making Scourge terrible.

Patch notes:-We realize Firebrand support is too strong, so we've nerfed everything not related to the build...-Scourge design is a serious problem, so we're giving all professions pulsing area control; that will make scourge seem balanced.-New type of cc introduced that bypasses stability. Frozen players may lose power in their house and have to reset their breakers to get out of cc.-Thieves are immune to this new cc, as we wish to capitalize on money spent on characters, as people swap to thief to maintain OP status, only to nerf it in 4 months.-Nerfed Shiro because he is over represented by Revenants in Pvp.-Nerfed Herald because he is over represented by Revenants in Pvp.-Mesmer's can now avoid death if they have one or more clone alive, by swapping places with their clones on death. (health percent is exchanged)-Ranger's don't have enough unblockable effects, so we've made their pets unblockable.-Ranger longbow 4 now bypasses the breakbar system and will once again knock npcs away from the team.-Warrior axe 3 damage increased by 42%.-Warrior Rifle 2 damage increased by 20%.-Warrior Rifle 3 damage decreased by 10% to compensate for the other buffs.-Healing signet nerfed by 0.5%. (That should handle the complaints about sustain)-Mirage has been removed from the game, along with any reference to them, making people wonder if it was ever there at all.-Elementalist have been given new 5 second duration buffs for completing specific 30 key sequences correctly.-Players with over 2000 hours on either Engineer or Elementalists can now opt to receive a free wrist brace. (Over 200 hours on Holosmith voids this)-To prevent lowbies from getting attacked by underwater creatures before unlocking their abilities, we've removed their aquabreathers. They now take constant damage when underwater for more than 10 seconds. This can be seen with a constant debuff called: "Force them to land" which is removed at level 8.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:This topic is sort of like grabbing a rattlesnake, tossing it into the living room while running the other way yelling "discuss!".

Considering i'm from sweet home swaguuma, doing a little bit of forum Terrorising is on par ^-^

Personally hype-wise i hope to see "instant 20stacks" of confuse/burns gone forever.

@Loboling.5293 said:Patch notes:-We realize Firebrand support is too strong, so we've nerfed everything not related to the build...

I hate to quote myself here, but holy sheeze, they managed to go the other way on this one. Simply buffed Firebrand sustain.

Chapter 4: Shining River: Increased base healing by 50% and heal scaling by 65%; this skill now heals over time in the affected area rather than all at once.

Merciful Intervention: This skill now revives allies in the target area for 20% of their downed health upon impact in addition to its healing component. ( I actually like this change)

@Loboling.5293 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:Patch notes:-We realize Firebrand support is too strong, so we've nerfed everything not related to the build...

I hate to quote myself here, but holy sheeze, they managed to go the other way on this one. Simply buffed Firebrand sustain.

Chapter 4: Shining River: Increased base healing by 50% and heal scaling by 65%; this skill now heals over time in the affected area rather than all at once.

Merciful Intervention: This skill now revives allies in the target area for 20% of their downed health upon impact in addition to its healing component.

They buffed skill which was barely useful prepatch. Quaggan guesses they want to buff skills one to each other then shave stuff later, it would make sense.

Archived