Bring life back to WvW

Nordic Natedog.4360

So much wvw play is now spent either sitting on siege or trying to fight in siege. The siege hugging has been an ongoing issue for a long time, especially guys sitting on trebs all day long. As 'veteran' players do it, new-to-wvw players come to adopt this way of thinking too. How about trying a week or two of only allowing catapults to be deployed? Perhaps allowing them to do additional damage to doors and/or have doors simply remain upgraded so that places like stonemist castle can be flipped. This would promote players having to actually leave their keeps and towers to take something but still allows small groups to ninja stuff (since cata are often a preferred method anyways). Cannons and mortars can stay as most are easily dealt with by ranged attacks.

@"Nordic Natedog.4360" said:I am not saying they are "doing it wrong". Simply siege has been overly done. When a few guys (something like 4-6) walk near a tower with 6+ players just sitting on ac's, trebs, and ballistas, something seems very off. Exactly what is having 6+ guys just sitting in a tower helping? Is it promoting exciting game play?

Four people and two guild catas can take down walls quickly. 1-2 minutes from outside of AC range on a paper tower, 3 minutes on an upgraded tower.

This can easily be done from outside of watchtower range as well. Plus, if there are 4-6 inside, it either forces them out to attack you, (yay fights) or they wait for you (yay fights) or they run away. (Boo just a tower cap)

@FogLeg.9354 said:Basically, you want huge blobs to take objectives easier and make defending anything when outnumbered impossible?

Not at all. Siege isn't mainly being used against huge blobs. It has become a past time for players to just sit on walls and shoot, even against single foes.

Strider, I know people can take down walls quickly with cata. This is why I suggested just allowing cata. Fights either way or a boring no action cap. Take Anzalas. Whenever I see cata shots on it, my first reaction isn't to see if I can get a ballista up or an ac, it is to see whether I can take out the siege before my foes kill me.

Archived