12.12 patch note — Guild Wars 2 Forums

12.12 patch note

musu.9205musu.9205 Member ✭✭✭

Mesmer
Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion.
Chaos Vortex: This skill now attempts to face the selected target before firing when it's targeted on foes beside or behind the caster.
Ether Clone: Torment duration has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.
Portal Exeunt: This skill now performs a range check before activating to prevent unusable portals from being created.
Arcane Thievery: In addition to its previous effects, successfully hitting a target now inflicts slow on the target for 4 seconds while granting quickness to the mesmer for the same duration.
Mantra of Recovery: Healing has been increased by 25% when fully charged.
Mantra of Pain: Increased might stacks from 8 to 12.
Mantra of Concentration: This skill now grants quickness for 5 seconds when fully charged, in addition to its previous effects.
Mantra of Resolve: This skill no longer grants resistance when fully charged. Instead, it now removes all conditions.
Tides of Time: Improved the consistency of the returning wave in situations where the outgoing wave impacts walls or terrain.
Imaginary Axes: Increased the confusion stacks applied by the player from 2 to 3. Increased the duration of confusion stacks applied by both the player and clones from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
Phantasmal Seeking Axe: Increased torment duration from 3 seconds to 4.5 seconds.

wait and see lol

5s aegis

<1

Comments

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    Oh jeez, that distortion nerf is savage, absolutely savage.

    We need a clean up crew, a lorry load of body bags and an industrial sized furnace for the savagery...wow, just wow.

    Nice buff to arcane thievery when it lands
    Excellent portal change, well played Mr Gee as I know you had ear marked it a long time ago for improvements along these lines.
    Mantra changes are...ok.
    Increased condition duration and stacks for the condi mirage builds, suck a lemon those in the other thread moaning about the condi nerf reducing fun and viability for mesmer.
    Duelist discipline is actually useful as a trait now as you can proc the interrupt aspect

    Apart from the inspiring distortion change nothing but buffs almost.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    LuL those mantra changes look nice.

  • musu.9205musu.9205 Member ✭✭✭

    well now firebrand has everything better than chrono except alacrity which can be achieved by healer rev

  • Abelisk.4527Abelisk.4527 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Clone mirage is probably back

  • Haha, seriously? None of our condition-applications got changed like they did it for other classes?
    What a nice, beautiful day this is.

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lifeshoutslive.4163 said:
    Haha, seriously? None of our condition-applications got changed like they did it for other classes?
    What a nice, beautiful day this is.

    Which is why many mesmer players said wait and see for the patch. I would expect to see some changes in the next big patch but that’s 1-2 months away.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    Wait. QoL changes and mostly buffs? I must be dreaming!

  • bart.3687bart.3687 Member ✭✭✭

    Mantra of Resolve yasss.
    Inspiring Distortion basically can be replaced with something else now as it's gonna have close to no impact after this change, heh.
    Arcane Thievery buff is okay, but not exactly what the skill needed imo.
    Portal change is supreme QoL, thank you!
    Chaos Vortex, another nice QoL improvement.

    No condi burst nerfs, and even buffs? ummm, as much as I don't mind it in PvE, I feel like it's really bad for PvP and I expect people to start asking for mirage condi nerfs. Weird that Jaunt didn't get condi stacks reduction, yet something as stupid as Ether Clone did. hmmm

    Being pure badness since 2012.

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm sorry for your loss.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • Tseison.4659Tseison.4659 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion.
    Dumbest thing i've ever seen. They might as well just erase distortion and make it aegis instead.... The Mantra of Resolve is very nice as well; great for when i'm roaming in WvW.

  • Genesis.5169Genesis.5169 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    Lol kitten is with the inspiring distortion change this seems like somebody is mad that chrono is super good support at anet.
    Protip if you wanna more people to take the chrono slot how about you buff those classes to do unique things like a chrono. Instead of taking signature skills away that are apart of class identity.

    Get safe spaces out of spvp, demand real post game stats!
    Gw2 already the easiest MMO on the market if you believe content is too hard its time for some self reflection.
    Stop asking to nerf classes if you PvE exclusively it makes no sense.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Why arent any of these changed split???

  • musu.9205musu.9205 Member ✭✭✭

    we just have more and more useless trait .

  • musu.9205musu.9205 Member ✭✭✭

    side note
    Interrupts and Defiance: Skills, traits, and sigils that have bonus effects when interrupting foes will now activate when used against foes with defiance bars as though they had been interrupted. Note that this does not require a creature's defiance bar to be active, just that the creature be using a skill when an interrupt effect is applied. To prevent abuse against bosses with long attack windups, a 3-second cooldown between activations of these skills has been added to skills without existing cooldowns. This cooldown is only applied when interrupting foes with defiance bars. This change affects the following game elements:
    this helps mes too

  • Pyroatheist.9031Pyroatheist.9031 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ether Clone: Torment duration has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.
    Imaginary Axes: Increased the confusion stacks applied by the player from 2 to 3. Increased the duration of confusion stacks applied by both the player and clones from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.

    :Waitwhat:

    Because scepter was clearly overperforming.

    Inspiring distortion is just continuing a classic Anet tradition that began with Smiter's Boon.

    The Mantra buffs are sorta weird. Obviously they're getting stronger, but it seems sorta pointless the way they're going about it.

    Ohey, I've got a signature

  • ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    So wait, the top tier dps class got buffed while everything else got nerfed?
    That's kind of the opposite of balance Arena net...
    And now i have to go around looking at which boss skills are unblockable cause can't distort allies anymore...

  • General

    Barrier: The application of the barrier effect no longer resets the delay or decay of existing barriers. Barrier no longer decays over time; each application now disappears after 5 seconds, and all skills that grant barrier now give 15% more barrier.
    ......
    Interrupts and Defiance: Skills, traits, and sigils that have bonus effects when interrupting foes will now activate when used against foes with defiance bars as though they had been interrupted. Note that this does not require a creature's defiance bar to be active, just that the creature be using a skill when an interrupt effect is applied. To prevent abuse against bosses with long attack windups, a 3-second cooldown between activations of these skills has been added to skills without existing cooldowns. This cooldown is only applied when interrupting foes with defiance bars. This change affects the following game elements:

    Mesmer

    Illusion of Vulnerability
    Furious Interruption
    Power Block: Cooldown increase is not applied to defiant creatures.
    Duelist's Discipline: Recharge effect only.
    Chaotic Interruption
    Sigils

    Superior Sigil of Ruthlessness
    Superior Sigil of Absorption
    Superior Sigil of Draining
    Superior Sigil of Rending

    Superior Sigil of Severance

    That distortion share nerf is harsh. I also get the impression that the 15% buff to barrier might be part of their way to force barrier by nerfing distortion share on certain bosses.

    At least interrupt/sigil work now which is something I had been asking for a long time.

  • OriOri.8724OriOri.8724 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm happy. I don't understand the mantra changes, because what's holding them back is the ridiculously clunky aspect of them. But hey, its still buffs.

    Inspiring distortion........ I don't even know what to say honestly. Yes, it could be abused in WvW. In PvE the devs showed they did not have a problem designing encounters around it. But such a savage nerf to it, I don't get it.

    Eyyyy I unlocked signatures

  • XxsdgxX.8109XxsdgxX.8109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    Aside from Inspiring Distortion

    Dude wat... all those condi buffs.
    Buffs for already had the strongest condi burst in the game 1v1...

    The message I keep getting from ANET is to not play PvP at all unless you play the "aids class of the season" game, much skill gap.

    Ok then

  • musu.9205musu.9205 Member ✭✭✭

    @XxsdgxX.8109 said:
    Aside from Inspiring Distortion

    Dude wat... all those condi buffs.
    Buffs for already had the strongest condi burst in the game 1v1...

    The message I keep getting from ANET is to not play PvP at all unless you play the "aids class of the season" game, much skill gap.

    Ok then

    dude . can you check what condi mirage meta pvp build before you freaking complain about that “buff”
    you guys really

  • SaltAndLight.4652SaltAndLight.4652 Member ✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    I'm not a fan of the change to Ether Clone, makes scepter even less effective. There is really not much reason to use it over Ax, since ax hits multiple targets.
    Inspiring Distortion took by far the hardest hit.
    Nice QoL change to Portal and Tides of Time. Finally!

  • Xstein.2187Xstein.2187 Member ✭✭✭

    Inspiring distortion is just creating a big flashback for me to what happened to Well of Precognition.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ReaverKane.7598 said:
    So wait, the top tier dps class got buffed while everything else got nerfed?
    That's kind of the opposite of balance Arena net...
    And now i have to go around looking at which boss skills are unblockable cause can't distort allies anymore...

    Top tier dps in what mode exactly? Because it wasnt in pve.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @OriOri.8724 said:
    I'm happy. I don't understand the mantra changes, because what's holding them back is the ridiculously clunky aspect of them. But hey, its still buffs.

    Inspiring distortion........ I don't even know what to say honestly. Yes, it could be abused in WvW. In PvE the devs showed they did not have a problem designing encounters around it. But such a savage nerf to it, I don't get it.

    Not around it. Newer encounters had key mechanics basically ignore it.

  • Wandering Mist.2973Wandering Mist.2973 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    It will be interesting to see if Chrono tanks in raids take something else instead of Inspiration, since distortion sharing was the main reason for taking that trait line in the first place.

  • Xstein.2187Xstein.2187 Member ✭✭✭

    @Wandering Mist.2973 said:
    It will be interesting to see if Chrono tanks in raids take something else instead of Inspiration, since distortion sharing was the main reason for taking that trait line in the first place.

    Its still probably needed for Illusionary Inspiration.

  • @Xstein.2187 said:

    @Wandering Mist.2973 said:
    It will be interesting to see if Chrono tanks in raids take something else instead of Inspiration, since distortion sharing was the main reason for taking that trait line in the first place.

    Its still probably needed for Illusionary Inspiration.

    Is that trait really that useful when chances are you will already have all the buffs on the whole raid anyway? I'd rather take the increased damage from either the illusion or duelling line personally.

  • Had to ask this since I never tested aegis on those mechanics. But what raid bosses mechanics can be distort but not block? I can think of VG green, Gors goo, Samarog friends etc on top of my head but can't quite remember Sloth dirty dog, Cairn agony, MO minion explode.

    [RED] Crimson Sunspears...your small family guild since 2015.

  • I can't play today but cananyone check changes to enemies with defiance bar. I mean can we hit with power block even if defiace is active/deaktive?

  • The distortion nerf is harsh, but was needed. Being able to bypass whole mechanics wasn't exactly balanced and people knew that. They've just been used to doing it for so long. xD

    Other then that...this balance patch is weird. All the naysayers were wrong. Like all of them. Can't wait to see their replies in here later.

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Distort share being gone is fine. No one class should remove responsibility from others to react to a raid mechanic.

    I do wish they'd revamp aegis to in PvE absorb the next 2-3 attacks since the single strike is often erased by pulsing damage or casual damage, so its usage to avoid larger spikes is unreliable.

    But then again guardian is far better at aegis provision so they'd just bring guardian for that.

  • @Aylaine.1036 said:
    The distortion nerf is harsh, but was needed. Being able to bypass whole mechanics wasn't exactly balanced and people knew that. They've just been used to doing it for so long. xD

    Other then that...this balance patch is weird. All the naysayers were wrong. Like all of them. Can't wait to see their replies in here later.

    Yeah, apart from a couple of bug fixes that trait hasn't been touched since it was introduced in 2015.

  • Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Inspiring Distortion - LOL! xD what the hell? Good job I've ditched Inspiration.

    OMG I'm loving the phantasmal seeking axe and Imaginary Axes buff though. ;) Wow and I was already loving axe, now it's even more amazing! :D

    IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

  • ^ This, plus the buff to mantra of the resolve ;)

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    Overall very good changes besides distortion.

    Let's be realistic though, there was only 2 ways to deal with this. Either make it affect 10 people and reduce chrono spots to 1 (and make raid content way to easy) or nerf it. Leaves chronos with 2 spots still. Can't say I'm to unhappy, chrono had to carry way to hard already. This way I can relax a bit more when tanking.

    The condi changes seem brutal. Might make mirage good again.

    Overall interesting changes I'd say. The barrier change is huge.

  • Sephylon.4938Sephylon.4938 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I find it curious that ineptitude wasn't included with the changes of interrupts vs defiance bars.

    I am a giant tomato filled with love. I have come to sell you a house made out of pancakes.

  • Xstein.2187Xstein.2187 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    @Wandering Mist.2973 said:

    @Xstein.2187 said:

    @Wandering Mist.2973 said:
    It will be interesting to see if Chrono tanks in raids take something else instead of Inspiration, since distortion sharing was the main reason for taking that trait line in the first place.

    Its still probably needed for Illusionary Inspiration.

    Is that trait really that useful when chances are you will already have all the buffs on the whole raid anyway? I'd rather take the increased damage from either the illusion or duelling line personally.

    TBH, I don't know what the leeway is for quickness on chrono. However, Illusionary Inspiration theoretically can give your allies an extra 6 seconds of quickness roughly every 22.5 seconds with perma alacrity and 100% boon duration (obviously theory is hard to get perfect in reality). It all depends on maintaining permanent quickness on your allies, which is always going to be the most important part. Meanwhile, SoI also doesn't require your allies to stand in wells (they should, but just in case something goes wrong). Additionally, if not inspiration, domination with blurred inscriptions gives a 20% reduced cool down to SoI. There are just a lot of things to consider before jumping on the 'try to put in more dps bandwagon'.

  • psizone.8437psizone.8437 Member ✭✭✭

    @reikken.4961 said:
    This is insane. Condi mesmer--the burstiest condi class in the game, arguably even above necro (which is more sustained)--was actually buffed. In a patch meant to reduce condi burst. Someone at anet is trolling hard.

    I expected like, ineptitude reduced to 1 stack for 10s, like what everything else got. But no. Axe burst increased. End list. ???

    Yeah, seems like they forgot what the balance patch was for this time around.

    Expect to see more Condi Mirages in WvW and much more complaints until the next balance patch.

  • ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ReaverKane.7598 said:
    So wait, the top tier dps class got buffed while everything else got nerfed?
    That's kind of the opposite of balance Arena net...
    And now i have to go around looking at which boss skills are unblockable cause can't distort allies anymore...

    Top tier dps in what mode exactly? Because it wasnt in pve.

    I'll direct you to https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-11-07-17/

  • Damio Roncartia.7041Damio Roncartia.7041 Member ✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    @ReaverKane.7598 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ReaverKane.7598 said:
    So wait, the top tier dps class got buffed while everything else got nerfed?
    That's kind of the opposite of balance Arena net...
    And now i have to go around looking at which boss skills are unblockable cause can't distort allies anymore...

    Top tier dps in what mode exactly? Because it wasnt in pve.

    I'll direct you to https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-11-07-17/

    HA. Someone hasn't been paying attention at all.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7gek8m/cnd_the_mirage_changes_explained_how_it_was_how/
    Some reading for you.

  • @ReaverKane.7598 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ReaverKane.7598 said:
    So wait, the top tier dps class got buffed while everything else got nerfed?
    That's kind of the opposite of balance Arena net...
    And now i have to go around looking at which boss skills are unblockable cause can't distort allies anymore...

    Top tier dps in what mode exactly? Because it wasnt in pve.

    I'll direct you to https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-11-07-17/

    no offense dude but you're going to get dumpstered using old benchmarks
    the phant build is still boring and up there but 40k clone build is dead as a doornail

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ReaverKane.7598 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ReaverKane.7598 said:
    So wait, the top tier dps class got buffed while everything else got nerfed?
    That's kind of the opposite of balance Arena net...
    And now i have to go around looking at which boss skills are unblockable cause can't distort allies anymore...

    Top tier dps in what mode exactly? Because it wasnt in pve.

    I'll direct you to https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-11-07-17/

    Outdated benchmarks for the win. God I hope you jumped on the mirage hype train based on that benchmark.

  • Zoser.7245Zoser.7245 Member ✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    @Xstein.2187 said:

    @Wandering Mist.2973 said:

    @Xstein.2187 said:

    @Wandering Mist.2973 said:
    It will be interesting to see if Chrono tanks in raids take something else instead of Inspiration, since distortion sharing was the main reason for taking that trait line in the first place.

    Its still probably needed for Illusionary Inspiration.

    Is that trait really that useful when chances are you will already have all the buffs on the whole raid anyway? I'd rather take the increased damage from either the illusion or duelling line personally.

    TBH, I don't know what the leeway is for quickness on chrono. However, Illusionary Inspiration theoretically can give your allies an extra 6 seconds of quickness roughly every 22.5 seconds with perma alacrity and 100% boon duration (obviously theory is hard to get perfect in reality). It all depends on maintaining permanent quickness on your allies, which is always going to be the most important part. Meanwhile, SoI also doesn't require your allies to stand in wells (they should, but just in case something goes wrong). Additionally, if not inspiration, domination with blurred inscriptions gives a 20% reduced cool down to SoI. There are just a lot of things to consider before jumping on the 'try to put in more dps bandwagon'.

    The Inspirin Distorsion is a big nerf and quickness can be shared by other professions that hit a lot harder while tanking too. Now is to be seen if only alacrity is enough to maintain the Chrono's spot or be replaced. Mirage wasn't meta or wanted in half or more of the raids even being OP with the bug, so now, even with the buff of the axe that are good changes for other game modes it will no affect the raid composition... less if some nerfs to others open that spot. I still need to read the other professions change to watch if something could affect us indirectly too... Barriers! I'm sad for the scepter because I'm fan of that weapon but nothing to do with it aside test it, compare if with staff, adapt the build if necessary, etc. I'm curious about the axe changes, I'll test it later together with the scepter.

    Aside for the Chrono and raids, plus the scepter, we should be happy with the changes. Time to test them in our and other professions too.

  • In case you haven't notice, the patch at 28/11/2017 reduce the 40k mirage to 25k dps if you're still playing the same build. Some people played around the traits/builds and manage to generate 30k on this forum I think?

    Anyway I'm actually surprised the dev actually buffed the axe by 1.5-1.75x to bring it back up. Has anyone tested if it reaches 33-34k now?

    Also axe trait is very underused in PvP/WvW. Sword is used instead in every meta build for mobility and survival, and even less people trait for axe due to how much survival you can get from desert distortion. So I really don't get all the complaining on the buff, seems like people who complain are those who don't really play the class.

    [RED] Crimson Sunspears...your small family guild since 2015.

  • tartarus.1082tartarus.1082 Member ✭✭✭

    As a primarily pvp Mesmer, I gotta love the portal update.

    But I'm kinda salty they didn't modify the condi bursts like they did with everything else. At the very least they should've looked at the burn application of torch. I mean if you line things up right you can blast like 9 stacks alongside everything else.

    Although resolve buff is gonna be bliss 😩😩😩

  • NICENIKESHOE.7128NICENIKESHOE.7128 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017

    Also, not to kitten on qT or their believers. They did a terrific job on establishing raid meta, but qT mentioned on their website they kinda lose drive to play GW2 and will update less. Probably why their benchmark is still outdated. I recommend checking Snow Crows as they're putting more effort now on mentioning what build is outdated etc.

    [RED] Crimson Sunspears...your small family guild since 2015.

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Re-posting this here because people have/will ask questions about why confusion wasn't addressed etc.

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    The primary design for confusion is 'burst'; it's expected to deliver a lot of stacks at once for low duration, punishing skill usage for a short while and then falling off quickly. Due to this difference in nature, we chose to leave it alone in this patch.

  • @Zoser.7245 said:

    @Xstein.2187 said:

    @Wandering Mist.2973 said:

    @Xstein.2187 said:

    @Wandering Mist.2973 said:
    It will be interesting to see if Chrono tanks in raids take something else instead of Inspiration, since distortion sharing was the main reason for taking that trait line in the first place.

    Its still probably needed for Illusionary Inspiration.

    Is that trait really that useful when chances are you will already have all the buffs on the whole raid anyway? I'd rather take the increased damage from either the illusion or duelling line personally.

    TBH, I don't know what the leeway is for quickness on chrono. However, Illusionary Inspiration theoretically can give your allies an extra 6 seconds of quickness roughly every 22.5 seconds with perma alacrity and 100% boon duration (obviously theory is hard to get perfect in reality). It all depends on maintaining permanent quickness on your allies, which is always going to be the most important part. Meanwhile, SoI also doesn't require your allies to stand in wells (they should, but just in case something goes wrong). Additionally, if not inspiration, domination with blurred inscriptions gives a 20% reduced cool down to SoI. There are just a lot of things to consider before jumping on the 'try to put in more dps bandwagon'.

    The Inspirin Distorsion is a big nerf and quickness can be shared by other professions that hit a lot harder while tanking too. Now is to be seen if only alacrity is enough to maintain the Chrono's spot or be replaced. Mirage wasn't meta or wanted in half or more of the raids even being OP with the bug, so now, even with the buff of the axe that are good changes for other game modes it will no affect the raid composition... less if some nerfs to others open that spot. I still need to read the other professions change to watch if something could affect us indirectly too... Barriers! I'm sad for the scepter because I'm fan of that weapon but nothing to do with it aside test it, compare if with staff, adapt the build if necessary, etc. I'm curious about the axe changes, I'll test it later together with the scepter.

    Aside for the Chrono and raids, plus the scepter, we should be happy with the changes. Time to test them in our and other professions too.

    I guess that will depend on how easy it is for healing revs to maintain alacrity compared to mesmer, plus whatever else they bring to the group.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.