12.12 patch note

musu.9205

MesmerInspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion.Chaos Vortex: This skill now attempts to face the selected target before firing when it's targeted on foes beside or behind the caster.Ether Clone: Torment duration has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.Portal Exeunt: This skill now performs a range check before activating to prevent unusable portals from being created.Arcane Thievery: In addition to its previous effects, successfully hitting a target now inflicts slow on the target for 4 seconds while granting quickness to the mesmer for the same duration.Mantra of Recovery: Healing has been increased by 25% when fully charged.Mantra of Pain: Increased might stacks from 8 to 12.Mantra of Concentration: This skill now grants quickness for 5 seconds when fully charged, in addition to its previous effects.Mantra of Resolve: This skill no longer grants resistance when fully charged. Instead, it now removes all conditions.Tides of Time: Improved the consistency of the returning wave in situations where the outgoing wave impacts walls or terrain.Imaginary Axes: Increased the confusion stacks applied by the player from 2 to 3. Increased the duration of confusion stacks applied by both the player and clones from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.Phantasmal Seeking Axe: Increased torment duration from 3 seconds to 4.5 seconds.

wait and see lol

5s aegis

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh jeez, that distortion nerf is savage, absolutely savage.

We need a clean up crew, a lorry load of body bags and an industrial sized furnace for the savagery...wow, just wow.

Nice buff to arcane thievery when it landsExcellent portal change, well played Mr Gee as I know you had ear marked it a long time ago for improvements along these lines.Mantra changes are...ok.Increased condition duration and stacks for the condi mirage builds, suck a lemon those in the other thread moaning about the condi nerf reducing fun and viability for mesmer.Duelist discipline is actually useful as a trait now as you can proc the interrupt aspect

Apart from the inspiring distortion change nothing but buffs almost.

Mantra of Resolve yasss.Inspiring Distortion basically can be replaced with something else now as it's gonna have close to no impact after this change, heh.Arcane Thievery buff is okay, but not exactly what the skill needed imo.Portal change is supreme QoL, thank you!Chaos Vortex, another nice QoL improvement.

No condi burst nerfs, and even buffs? ummm, as much as I don't mind it in PvE, I feel like it's really bad for PvP and I expect people to start asking for mirage condi nerfs. Weird that Jaunt didn't get condi stacks reduction, yet something as stupid as Ether Clone did. hmmm

This is insane. Condi mesmer--the burstiest condi class in the game, arguably even above necro (which is more sustained)--was actually buffed. In a patch meant to reduce condi burst. Someone at anet is trolling hard.

I expected like, ineptitude reduced to 1 stack for 10s, like what everything else got. But no. Axe burst increased. End list. ???

Lol wtf is with the inspiring distortion change this seems like somebody is mad that chrono is super good support at anet.Protip if you wanna more people to take the chrono slot how about you buff those classes to do unique things like a chrono. Instead of taking signature skills away that are apart of class identity.

side noteInterrupts and Defiance: Skills, traits, and sigils that have bonus effects when interrupting foes will now activate when used against foes with defiance bars as though they had been interrupted. Note that this does not require a creature's defiance bar to be active, just that the creature be using a skill when an interrupt effect is applied. To prevent abuse against bosses with long attack windups, a 3-second cooldown between activations of these skills has been added to skills without existing cooldowns. This cooldown is only applied when interrupting foes with defiance bars. This change affects the following game elements:this helps mes too

Ether Clone: Torment duration has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.Imaginary Axes: Increased the confusion stacks applied by the player from 2 to 3. Increased the duration of confusion stacks applied by both the player and clones from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.

:Waitwhat:

Because scepter was clearly overperforming.

Inspiring distortion is just continuing a classic Anet tradition that began with Smiter's Boon.

The Mantra buffs are sorta weird. Obviously they're getting stronger, but it seems sorta pointless the way they're going about it.

General

Barrier: The application of the barrier effect no longer resets the delay or decay of existing barriers. Barrier no longer decays over time; each application now disappears after 5 seconds, and all skills that grant barrier now give 15% more barrier.......Interrupts and Defiance: Skills, traits, and sigils that have bonus effects when interrupting foes will now activate when used against foes with defiance bars as though they had been interrupted. Note that this does not require a creature's defiance bar to be active, just that the creature be using a skill when an interrupt effect is applied. To prevent abuse against bosses with long attack windups, a 3-second cooldown between activations of these skills has been added to skills without existing cooldowns. This cooldown is only applied when interrupting foes with defiance bars. This change affects the following game elements:

Mesmer

Illusion of VulnerabilityFurious InterruptionPower Block: Cooldown increase is not applied to defiant creatures.Duelist's Discipline: Recharge effect only.Chaotic InterruptionSigils

Superior Sigil of RuthlessnessSuperior Sigil of AbsorptionSuperior Sigil of DrainingSuperior Sigil of RendingSuperior Sigil of Severance

That distortion share nerf is harsh. I also get the impression that the 15% buff to barrier might be part of their way to force barrier by nerfing distortion share on certain bosses.

At least interrupt/sigil work now which is something I had been asking for a long time.

I'm happy. I don't understand the mantra changes, because what's holding them back is the ridiculously clunky aspect of them. But hey, its still buffs.

Inspiring distortion........ I don't even know what to say honestly. Yes, it could be abused in WvW. In PvE the devs showed they did not have a problem designing encounters around it. But such a savage nerf to it, I don't get it.

@"XxsdgxX.8109" said:Aside from Inspiring Distortion

Dude wat... all those condi buffs.Buffs for already had the strongest condi burst in the game 1v1...

The message I keep getting from ANET is to not play PvP at all unless you play the "aids class of the season" game, much skill gap.

Ok then

dude . can you check what condi mirage meta pvp build before you freaking complain about that “buff”you guys really

I'm not a fan of the change to Ether Clone, makes scepter even less effective. There is really not much reason to use it over Ax, since ax hits multiple targets.Inspiring Distortion took by far the hardest hit.Nice QoL change to Portal and Tides of Time. Finally!

Archived