12/12 thief patch

Urejt.5648

Thief

• Weakening Charge: This skill now moves the thief toward a selected target, but will not allow them to travel through the target.*** Cursed Bullet: Increased base damage by 43%.
  • Spotter's Shot: Increased damage by 18% in PvE only.
  • Three Round Burst: Increased damage by 18% in PvE Only.
  • Death's Retreat: Reduced initiative cost of this skill from 5 to 4 in PvE only. Poison has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 4 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.
  • Death's Judgment: Reduced initiative cost of this skill from 6 to 5 in PvE only.**
  • Caltrops: Bleeding has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 10 seconds.
  • The Ripper: Bleeding has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 7 seconds to 4 stacks for 10 seconds.
  • Shadow Strike: Increased applied torment from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 6 seconds.
  • Pressure Striking: Torment duration has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.
  • Sundering Strikes: This trait has been renamed Sundering Shade. This trait now causes stealth attacks to inflict 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds with a 1-second cooldown.
  • Don't Stop: Fixed a bug in which this trait failed to remove all instances of the listed conditions.

my comment:good pve rifle changes, too bad its not pvp :((

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sojourner.4621 said:Does that mean Weakening Charge no longer needs top down and de-targeting for all three strikes to hit? This is amazing. Edit: Unless of course in actuality it means there is no longer a way to make all three strikes hit.

Movement Skills: Camera facing no longer reduces the travel distance of these skills.

D/P Stealth stacking might get hit hard, not at comp to test but this could be a huge nerf.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sojourner.4621 said:Does that mean Weakening Charge no longer needs top down and de-targeting for all three strikes to hit? This is amazing. Edit: Unless of course in actuality it means there is no longer a way to make all three strikes hit.

Movement Skills: Camera facing no longer reduces the travel distance of these skills.

D/P Stealth stacking might get hit hard, not at comp to test but this could be a huge nerf.

Right, but if WC won't move you through a target, at least the movement skills nerf, in theory, shouldn't hurt Staff DD.... the stealth stacking thing though.... yes a nerf in theory... can't get the fourth leap and was pretty tricky timing to get anyway, but without top-down you could still get three leaps through a smoke field easily enough.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

I haven't used that trick since DrD came out. HS+Bound+HS+Bound is all you need. :p

@Sojourner.4621 said:

Right, but if WC won't move you through a target, at least the movement skills nerf, in theory, shouldn't hurt Staff DD.... the stealth stacking thing though.... yes a nerf in theory... can't get the fourth leap and was pretty tricky timing to get anyway, but without top-down you could still get three leaps through a smoke field easily enough.

Can now confirm for sure, Weakening Charge does in fact VERY reliably hit targeted enemies with all three strikes now. This is actually a buff to DD staff rotation.

It's been so long since Ive seen a near 100% buff to our class, that I am still having trouble believing it. The things they nerfed are so limited that I cant see it as anything but a buff. I dont know how to feel. Im so used too Anet beating me, its like a drunken abusive parent taking you to Disneyland.

Some nice changes, though it doesn't fix the sustained damage issue with rifle in PvE. What I don't get why they felt the need to nerf sundering strikes from:

Critical hits have a chance to cause vulnerability.Chance on Critical Hit: 50%Vulnerability (6s): 1% Incoming Damage, 1% Incoming Condition Damage

To a flat 5 stacks that ONLY applies with a stealth attack, lasts for 5 seconds (shorter duration) and has a 1 sec ICD (not like that matters given it's tied to a stealth attack anyways). With the old version you could stack up around 10-15 vuln permanently with just autos depending on your crit and if you had quickness.

I don't think anyone actually even ran this trait tbh, I guess stacking vuln is now OP? considering other classes got similar pointless nerfs.

@"Nomad.4301" said:Some nice changes, though it doesn't fix the sustained damage issue with rifle in PvE. What I don't get why they felt the need to nerf sundering strikes from:

Critical hits have a chance to cause vulnerability.Chance on Critical Hit: 50%Vulnerability (6s): 1% Incoming Damage, 1% Incoming Condition Damage

To a flat 5 stacks that ONLY applies with a stealth attack, lasts for 5 seconds (shorter duration) and has a 1 sec ICD (not like that matters given it's tied to a stealth attack anyways). With the old version you could stack up around 10-15 vuln permanently with just autos depending on your crit and if you had quickness.

I don't think anyone actually even ran this trait tbh, I guess stacking vuln is now OP? considering other classes got similar pointless nerfs.

Yeah they did some odd things with vuln to "decrease wasted and redundant vulnerability" in groups... i.e. once it caps, which in groups it absolutely will, then any vuln application traits become worthless. By making it harder to hit the cap, and vuln applying more situationally for shorter durations, it makes the traits feel less useless... somehow.

@saerni.2584 said:

@Zlater.6789 said:This patch is so incredibly worthless, they claid to be fixing condis for pvp and wvw but they totally missed the biggest abusers which are lotus training and death blossom. Instead they changed the condi duration on an underwater only skill and on p/d what even is that?

A buff for condi thief.

2 seconds of torment on a weapon set that is worthless, that's joke right?

@Zlater.6789 said:This patch is so incredibly worthless, they claid to be fixing condis for pvp and wvw but they totally missed the biggest abusers which are lotus training and death blossom. Instead they changed the condi duration on an underwater only skill and on p/d what even is that?

Condi thieves weren't the issue that they are trying to fix.

@Cirrion.8951 said:

What was the issue, rifle being trash? Well it's still trash.Underwater weapons having too much condi burst application? LolPower DD being almost worthless in PvE? Nothing changed.Acrobatics being useless because it didn't remove a couple of condis? Rip thats a bug not balamce, and it's still useless regardless...

@Zlater.6789 said:

What was the issue, rifle being trash? Well it's still trash.Underwater weapons having too much condi burst application? LolPower DD being almost worthless in PvE? Nothing changed.Acrobatics being useless because it didn't remove a couple of condis? Rip thats a bug not balamce, and it's still useless regardless...

Funny, I thought PvE included more than raids, that thing that only about 10% of the player base even plays.

@Zlater.6789 said:

A buff for condi thief.

2 seconds of torment on a weapon set that is worthless, that's joke right?

The weapon set is actually quite good but under appreciated. Shadow Strike is very respectable when you are fighting melee oriented specs and that extra 20% duration is significant when you add in duration bonuses.

Not that a 20% buff wasn’t warranted. SPvP uses a version with four stacks that is much stronger. I wish that version would be merged with the PvE/WvW version. But I’ll take a 20% damage over time buff for now.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

Funny, I thought PvE included more than raids, that thing that only about 10% of the player base even plays.

Oh, have you ever tried staff 5? That's not meta in raids but it is in openworld.

@Zlater.6789 said:

Oh, have you ever tried staff 5? That's not meta in raids but it is in openworld.

Sure, and it still deals less damage over all for more initiative use than staff 2.

Archived