Axe buffs!

pah.4931

that's because of:Unholy Fervor: This trait has been reworked and renamed Dread. It now causes fear you apply to also inflict 10 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds. It also causes attacks against foes inflicted with fear to deal 20% more damage.Spiteful Talisman: This trait now reduces the recharge time of axe skills in addition to focus skills.aka no more +10% axe damage.

You forgot the Spiteful Talisman update. Axe+Focus CD reduction at once on top of the 5% damage increase. Pretty cool trait now even for PvP.

Scourge lost burst, but got significant sustain due to the new Barrier mechanic.

And it took them only 2 weeks to fix Speed of Shadows after my bugreport (if my report gave the initiative), which is also very nice.

I like the patch!

@"Lahmia.2193" said:that's because of:Unholy Fervor: This trait has been reworked and renamed Dread. It now causes fear you apply to also inflict 10 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds. It also causes attacks against foes inflicted with fear to deal 20% more damage.Spiteful Talisman: This trait now reduces the recharge time of axe skills in addition to focus skills.aka no more +10% axe damage.

I want to go and find the quotes from when they introduced awaken the pain and members of the community said "this is good buff to power but the axe trait is important in the rotation due to the reduced cool-down. Patch is trash because we can't take them both".

Also considering that every axe skill has overall been buffed by more than 10% its nothing more than an overall buff.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Lahmia.2193" said:that's because of:Unholy Fervor: This trait has been reworked and renamed Dread. It now causes fear you apply to also inflict 10 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds. It also causes attacks against foes inflicted with fear to deal 20% more damage.Spiteful Talisman: This trait now reduces the recharge time of axe skills in addition to focus skills.aka no more +10% axe damage.

I want to go and find the quotes from when they introduced awaken the pain and members of the community said "this is good buff to power but the axe trait is important in the rotation due to the reduced cool-down. Patch is trash because we can't take them both".

Also considering that every axe skill has overall been buffed by more than 10% its nothing more than an overall buff.

Oh yeah it's very much a buff. Just wanted to make sure people knew Anet gave us the base axe damage buff because they removed UF rather than just another random axe buff.

Now we only need boss spamming stability to let the fun begin with Nightfall, Dread and Superior Sigil of Severance!Good overall buff for power builds and some damage increase for PvE conditions builds.Barriers now are pretty good and can reliability prevent peoples from dropping under 90% hp, so i'm happy :+1:

axe got a 1.5% average buff with the removal of unholy fervor. But making it baseline is an overall buff to necro in general. Now axe can be used in power core, reaper, and even scourge. awaken the pain vs dread is a meaningful choice for pvp, wvw, or raiding. BArrier mechanics are really nice and support scourge with lots of barrier is really nice

I can see it!Prepare to shed tears of blood!They've already started to move!The time is nigh!Axe cool down is sheltered by the focus trait lying in wait!While other professions cry in despair!Yes! It's coming!The infamous necromancer's e-spec that will have for weapon the Off-Hand axe!!!!!!!

The next e-spec will feature something incredible! An axe trait for the necromancer!

13% recharge on life force is critical now especially since the decay nerf. This makes Reaper a tad more functional and allows you to take a advantage of the buffs to shroud a little more but really only in longer boss fights. They still need to improve GS damage and or speed to make us truly viable. Of course the trade off with axe and focus it the loss of distance 1'200 range.

@"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:13% recharge on life force is critical now especially since the decay nerf. This makes Reaper a tad more functional and allows you to take a advantage of the buffs to shroud a little more but really only in longer boss fights. They still need to improve GS damage and or speed to make us truly viable. Of course the trade off with axe and focus it the loss of distance 1'200 range.

I wish they made more traits that drastically changed how you played the character, instead of just "do more damage" or "apply more conditions" ...

What I am thinking is a trait that makes GS attack much faster, but does less damage (and maybe adds more mobility) ... so I can be a quick spectre of death. I feel like, as a whole, Anet does not do enough with traits to make them feel meaningful.

(I would take this a step further and say the first trait you pick in your "core" spec would determine your playstyle... almost like specs within specs ... though we'd need to give core profs a core tree (as if it were an elite)).

@Hesacon.8735 said:

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:Warhorn! For no real reason i just want to be unique and ask for warhorn buffs. !

I'd use a warhorn more if its swiftness skill didn't negate swiftness by dropping me in combat as well.

Exactly Hesa thats all id ask for as a single buff believe it or not. The give and take mentality regarding nec started even into initial weapon trait design Nuts/. I still use it in pvp pre entering shroud for zing.

@vicious.5683 said:

@Cyrin.1035 said:They did a fantastic job. Way more effective and I like how axe and focus recharge is on one trait. Well done, Anet.

If only focus was decent...

It is decent, I think. It's not great, but it's decent. I'd be all for a rework... but for a power reaper, axe+focus is the best off-set. The problem with it is that it seems primarily designed to stack vuln, and usually power necro is not lacking in vuln stacking.

@pah.4931 said:

@Cyrin.1035 said:They did a fantastic job. Way more effective and I like how axe and focus recharge is on one trait. Well done, Anet.

It is decent, I think. It's not great, but it's decent. I'd be all for a rework... but for a power reaper, axe+focus is the best off-set. The problem with it is that it seems primarily designed to stack vuln, and usually power necro is not lacking in vuln stacking.

The main problem stems from the fact that, while it is a long range weapon, you have to be in melee range to get the most out of it. I suggest they remove the bounce and projectile on Reaper's Touch, making it into a single hit attack like Spinal Shivers. Then triple the damage, increase vuln to 12 stacks and increase Life force to 9%. Remove regen and replace with 5 Might on hit.For Spinal Shivers decrease to 3/4s cast and remove the varied damage, so it hits for full damage all the time.

@pah.4931 said:

Axe is decent, focus is waste material.

Archived