Mesmer Confusion Bursts Untouched

Turk.5460

I suspect because they didn’t figure out a way to nerf axe or sceptre on mirage without making it far worse in PvE.

I was at least expecting jaunt to have 1 stack for 12s and possibly a redistribution of the confusion stacks but I guess not. We will see more changes in the future but scourge has been far more oppressive than mirage and while the confusion stacking is completely rediculous it’s also usually only a few conditions not 4 conditions every time it touches you.

in PvE condi mes/mirage has a very slow dps build up compared to other classes, so in the respect of this patch it's already balanced. However the condi application in pvp/wvw from shatters/mirage cloak are what seem to be the problem, and could have seperately been addressed but oh well they overlooked that.

This so called balance Patch shows clearly : the don´t know the real problems and so they are unable to bring something to balance .. it is like that for 5 years now .. they kitten things up .. players showing them what is wrong .. they try to understand and fix after months and keep failing .. so sad .. but true

@apharma.3741 said:I suspect because they didn’t figure out a way to nerf axe or sceptre on mirage without making it far worse in PvE.

I was at least expecting jaunt to have 1 stack for 12s and possibly a redistribution of the confusion stacks but I guess not. We will see more changes in the future but scourge has been far more oppressive than mirage and while the confusion stacking is completely rediculous it’s also usually only a few conditions not 4 conditions every time it touches you.

Oh gee dunno, maybe they could have just literally applied the exact same changes to Riddle of the Sand, Axe 2 and 3 and Scepter 2 that they applied to every other condi burst? Not too difficult, really. The most difficult thing to nerf would be the scepter ambush skill but being that it's a somewhat slow projectile, it has ample counterplay.

@Zero.3871 said:i dont understand too. scourge get many changes but on mriage they increase some durartions and stacks without any stack decrease???????

They're likely trying to shift Scourge into the support role it was kind of supposed to be whilst keeping Mirage as the dps spec it was intended to be. After all, Mirage offers nothing but damage - it's still not very much damage outside of a mostly single target confusion or power bomb. which isn't particularly significant for WvW.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@apharma.3741 said:I suspect because they didn’t figure out a way to nerf axe or sceptre on mirage without making it far worse in PvE.

Oh gee dunno, maybe they could have just literally applied the exact same changes to Riddle of the Sand, Axe 2 and 3 and Scepter 2 that they applied to every other condi burst? Not too difficult, really. The most difficult thing to nerf would be the scepter ambush skill but being that it's a somewhat slow projectile, it has ample counterplay.

I never said there weren’t candidates for changes just that ANet need to be careful as the condi mirage build already has a large dps ramp up time in PvE, much longer than most condi builds had.

If they dont' do anything it just means they don't know how to do anything. in pvp/wvsw they shoulda increased the damage on skilluse, and lowered the passive ticks....given the nature of how confusion works I don't seee it at all necessary to mess with the duration of it. Same thing goes for torment, it should be more damage when moving and lesser duration if anything.

In pve...who cares, keep it the same.

@ThomasC.1056 said:

@"Karl McLain.5604" said:The primary design for confusion is 'burst'; it's expected to deliver a lot of stacks at once for low duration, punishing skill usage for a short while and then falling off quickly. Due to this difference in nature, we chose to leave it alone in this patch.

From

Welp, according to the Devs it's fine sooooo.

:+1:

Here's an idea; give the skills different values for pvp only like they've done with like every single revenant skill.

I was actually a little surprised to see little/next to nothing nerfed on the confusion/torment side of the mesmer but that said the confusion mesmer has been pretty marginal for a year or so. It couldnt compete with a dc reaper and scourge rendered pretty much all other condi classes obsolete. Like other classes that have problems overloading condi (ie all classes except necro) condi mesmer is mediocre and the shatter mesmer absolutely crushes it now with the even better cleanse mantra.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

Condi mirage also had to deal with very long ramp up times, relative to other condi classes, on top of having absolutely awful DPS for a purely selfish spec that brings no group utility. It was in a sore spot of actually needing its sustained damage buffed, even though the burst should have come down.

@Turk.5460 said:For reals?

It got touched, they buffed it lol...devs just dont get it, mesmer problem is not the 30 stacks of confusion(kind it is, is pretty broken lol) but the fact that it can cover with 7 other condis and keep spaming it non stop...FB for example, can put some serious burns, but burn is the only condi that guard have, so is easy to cleanse...also not even talk the having high moblility, invulnerabilities, stealth, close spam, etc...yeah devs dont understand pvp...if someone can kill a raid boss with Mirage we might see some nerfs.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Turk.5460 said:For reals?

It got touched, they buffed it lol...devs just dont get it, mesmer problem is not the 30 stacks of confusion(kind it is, is pretty broken lol) but the fact that it can cover with 7 other condis and keep spaming it non stop...FB for example, can put some serious burns, but burn is the only condi that guard have, so is easy to cleanse...also not even talk the having high moblility, invulnerabilities, stealth, close spam, etc...yeah devs dont understand pvp...if someone can kill a raid boss with Mirage we might see some nerfs.

I'm pretty sure ANet clearly understands their game's PvP. They just don't care to balance for it, or make it more skill/elitist based. Two totally different things.

Archived