Wintersday Mounts (Yay!)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the Spooky Day bundle but will be honest that at that time I was desperate for ANY new mount skins. Also, I tend to dye them all one color so you can't see the "bones" except for my Necro. The Wintersday ones are pretty but not something I'd use outside of winter. I'd buy one if they were available at 400-500 each, just for fun, or if I had a bazillion gems to throw around.

I can understand where you guys are coming from. Makes sense completely. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for the holidays and happen to have the griffon, so the guaranteed holiday mount bundles to me are totally worth it. But on your guys' side that does make sense--it would be nice to have the option to buy a specific mount's skin.

And to be clear, I'm not mad about the bundle at all. They're actually what I expected, and I'm even a little relieved that I'm not tempted to buy the bundle, because there are other things in the GS I think I'll want as Wintersday goes on. I honestly look forward to seeing others' Wintersday mounts in the world, and I hope to see lots of pretty dye schemes, too. =)

The theme limits their year-round or full-world use, but that's kind of the idea. I have to say that I'm fence-sitting, not because I disagree with the marketing/sales model, but because I'm not sure that the value is there specifically for me. Ultimately, I'm thinking that I'll go for it and enjoy it over Wintersday. I took the dive on the Spooky ones and had fun with that. 'Tis the Season!

I like the effects on them and the frosty breath... I could twist it around to be a personal snow storm and use them in the jungle... right? :wink:

@"Menadena.7482" said:Not me unfortunately. Not all the skins look usable beyond the holidays and the griffon one is pointless without that mount. I am holding out for the ability to purchase individual skins at a reasonable price (like we had with gliders).

Same here. I was anticipating a general winter-themed skin pack (subtle pattern with snow particle effect) and have been saving my gems since mount skins became a thing for such a pack. I'm personally not keen on the "decorations" on these skins. I just don't like the overt "Christmas" vibe with the Santa hat and bells. Like you said, even if the skins were free I wouldn't use them outside of Wintersday. At least the Halloween pack could be dyed in such a way to hide the skeleton pattern.

That said, I think the price point for mount skin packs is at a good place. Obviously indivdual skins at the same price of gliders would have been the ideal, but I digress. It's just the aesthetics for this particular pack are.... not my cup of tea.

Edit: After seeing the new glacial Black Lion weapon skins, imagine a mount set based on that. Vaguely icy and frosty - I would buy that in a heartbeat!

I'm very happy with the price and the total absence of RNG and ok with buying a matching set together.

Unfortunately once again I doubt I'm going to buy them because I don't like the flickering snow effect and the clothes just look silly to me (and not in a fun way, more like someone made a set of perfectly nice Wintersday themed mounts and then was pressured to just keep adding bits until they ran out of space on the mount). If it was possible to buy these without the clothes and ideally without the snow effect I'd get them in a second.

It's annoying. All I want is a set of dyable mounts which I could use all the time - not novelty holiday themed ones. It seems like the simplest thing to make to me and when PoF was announced (and I assumed there would be mount skins in the gem store) I was expecting to have 2 or 3 different sets by now, but instead I'm still using the defaults because the only skins I like are locked behind a horrible gambling system.

Not going to buy. I don’t mind the pack or the price (although I’d still prefer the ability to buy individual mounts). However these don’t make my grabby hands come out as they’re very holiday niche. The Halloween skins, you could dye to hide/minimize the skeleton which make them more year round useable. Plus the dyeable smoke effect is nice. An effect that is holiday related but not so niche would be better imo. Such as snowing around the mount or snow footprints but not clothing added.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:Not me unfortunately. Not all the skins look usable beyond the holidays

That's exactly how I feel about this one, and how I felt about the halloween pack as well.

With the holiday packs you expect it to be themed. At least with spooky you had a hope of using it at other times, especially for necros. Wth this though? It is overkill of red and white hats. A winter theme would have been perfect for the shiverpeaks.

I was looking forward to ice/winter themed mounts and when I saw the price of the Wintersday pack I got really excited but as soon as I saw the skins I went from 100% Happiness to -20%.I wish we had gotten Winter/Ice Themed mounts instead of festival themed mounts... I'm not gonna ride a raptor with gloves...

So yeah atleast I can save some more money by keeping my default mount skins :)

Archived