Distortion share banned = days worth of wasted training and effort?

Zlater.6789

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's certainly a game breaking change and will disable multiple speed clearing starts; e.g. no green VG. It appears their intent is to force players to do mechanics more, and less skipping. People have to dodge KC jumps, dodge Deimos slams, and counter multiple fractal mechanics. People may even have to go back to updraft gorseval. It will be interesting to see how this turns out, no doubt making raids and challenge mote fractals more challenging.

I love this change! I've always hated distortion share because it was by far the most broken thing in the list of broken things a chrono could do.

@Henrik.7560 said:People have to dodge KC jumps, dodge Deimos slams, and counter multiple fractal mechanics.

Aegis, aegis, and aegis + stab (protip: bring a Guardian, it's like they were ment to guard or something).

i'm no expert, but i think only raidwide mechs can't be aegis'ed, specifically things you can't dodge out of. KC tower drops and the like can be dodged so aegis should work fine (could someone correct me if i'm wrong?)

You could still use the aegis share trait to block blockable mechs that could slow down the dps but they need to be timed pretty well, just like before

@Azoqu.8917 said:I love this change! I've always hated distortion share because it was by far the most broken thing in the list of broken things a chrono could do.

@Henrik.7560 said:People have to dodge KC jumps, dodge Deimos slams, and counter multiple fractal mechanics.

Aegis, aegis, and aegis + stab (protip: bring a Guardian, it's like they were ment to guard or something).

ever tried to aegis a flame wall for a clutch rez?

@Henrik.7560 said:it's certainly a game breaking change and will disable multiple speed clearing starts; e.g. no green VG. It appears their intent is to force players to do mechanics more, and less skipping. People have to dodge KC jumps, dodge Deimos slams, and counter multiple fractal mechanics. People may even have to go back to updraft gorseval. It will be interesting to see how this turns out, no doubt making raids and challenge mote fractals more challenging.

That's definitely right I think, I feel like dps skipping will be a higher requirement thing now. Gorseval will be less accessible to new players because we will all be doing instant break gors for example.

@TheAndroid.1406 said:well since noone will require you to distort certain mechanics anymore, it seems chrono will become a bit more accessible and easier to learn; easier in that it's one less aspect to learn about it

Yes, this is one positive aspect of the change. But at the same time, Anet just removed something that rewarded players massively for practicing their class and knowing encounters well if they used their skills correctly.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:I'm a bit torn. On one hand I liked taking domination for the reduced signet and extra distort if needed, but on the other hand I think removing mechanics that effectively eliminated 8/10 people to have to do mechanics in a fight is likely a good thing in the long term.

How is that a good thing long term? Some people straight up just can't dodge... or see when a KC jumps and time their dodges well.. or hell even lag screws their time.. that the distort at least prevented.

@Gambino.2109 said:

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:I'm a bit torn. On one hand I liked taking domination for the reduced signet and extra distort if needed, but on the other hand I think removing mechanics that effectively eliminated 8/10 people to have to do mechanics in a fight is likely a good thing in the long term.

How is that a good thing long term? Some people straight up just can't dodge... or see when a KC jumps and time their dodges well.. or hell even lag screws their time.. that the distort at least prevented.

Gonna be frank, they probably shouldnt be raiding then and if they are then they'll need to carry their own slack and take a personal panic button.

@Gambino.2109 said:

I'm not sure how having 2/10 people do a mechanic that makes that same mechanic 100% irrelevant for 8/10 people was ever really a good thing in game design. Requiring everyone to think about their positioning/doding ect is a good thing. Also, many of the mechanics can currently be blocked, but not all. I imagine distortion was limiting them in encounter design as well.

@Genesis.5169 said:Anet killing class identity since 2017. All this looks like was a nerf to chrono's because they were full filling the tank support role which is the only role chrono can play.

Let that sink in.I think this is a pretty big statement that they are moving away from that reactive style of game play to that holy trinity tank and spank afk style of gameplay. What do you think, do you agree?

@Zlater.6789 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:Anet killing class identity since 2017. All this looks like was a nerf to chrono's because they were full filling the tank support role which is the only role chrono can play.

Let that sink in.I think this is a pretty big statement that they are moving away from that reactive style of game play to that holy trinity tank and spank afk style of gameplay. What do you think, do you agree?

What? Fights become now LESS tank and spank with distortion disappearing. It was by far the most broken mechanic in the game that should have been removed years ago. This is the best PvE change since ages. How is 2 people doing mechanics for the rest of the raid reactive for the other 8 players?

@Miellyn.6847 said:

What? Fights become now LESS tank and spank with distortion disappearing. It was by far the most broken mechanic in the game that should have been removed years ago. This is the best PvE change since ages. How is 2 people doing mechanics for the rest of the raid reactive for the other 8 players?

For example Lay on Hand in WoW or Blessing of protection.Or Tank or Healer Limit breaks in FF14Or Infinite boss staggering in tera.

You don't play many traditional mmos where this is a feature not a bug do you, class indentity plays a large roll in team based games generally thats why classes are brought and that should be the case. I disagree with the notion that classes should be brought end game content because it exists.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@TheAndroid.1406 said:well since noone will require you to distort certain mechanics anymore, it seems chrono will become a bit more accessible and easier to learn; easier in that it's one less aspect to learn about it

Yes, this is one positive aspect of the change. But at the same time, Anet just removed something that rewarded players massively for practicing their class and knowing encounters well if they used their skills correctly.

2players in a raid playing skillfully vs 10. I like it better now.

@Genesis.5169 said:

For example Lay on Hand in WoW or Blessing of protection.Or Tank or Healer Limit breaks in FF14Or Infinite boss staggering in tera.

You don't play many traditional mmos where this is a feature not a bug do you, class indentity plays a large roll in team based games generally thats why classes are brought and that should be the case. I disagree with the notion that classes should be brought end game content because it exists.

I doubt tanks and healers in ff14 have their limit breaks every 5 sec.

@Genesis.5169 said:

Negating mechanics every 5 seconds has nothing to do with class identity. It is just broken. Mesmer has more than enough things going for them.

This is an extremely healthy change for the game. Distortion provided far too much utility and skipping mechanics, like VG greens. Isn't necessarily the way the encounters were developed.cheesing games is always kinda crappy imo, this change hurt's for sure, the same as gotl hurt, but it's for the better

I don't mind the change. I do believe quite a few people will be very suprised how much worse their gameplay will become when good chronos can't distort their mistakes.

Chronos won't be affected since we can still selfdistort and had to be used to the mechanics anyway in order to distort them.

Picking up tears at Deimos just got more important too (no cover distortion for black kiter). Something quite a few people have a trouble too.

As far as meta, got to wait and see how all the changes take effect. Chrono will likely still be double represented.

@zealex.9410 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this line of thought, all we have to ask ourselves is: How many groups of 10 players can skillfully play for raids?

@zealex.9410 said:

Doesn't change the fact that ANet removed a way for skilled players to use their mechanical skill to be more effective. That's almost never good game design.

Archived