Black Lion Chest Common Tier Rework

Shirlias.8104

@Yasi.9065 said:Thank you? I got 2 kitten legendary luck essence... and Ive been at luck cap for a few months now. Thank you Anet, for another useless drop.

I guess that you are unlucky, but since you already capped your luck and managed to get extra luck, you should definitely be lucky.I didn't realized it ( and i have 20 milions luck stored, which are 400 slots of full exotic stacks ) when i was browsing the rewards...

This is definitely bad.There are really no excuses for this.

On the one hand: a great change (see also: permanent extractor contract). On the other hand, I opened 13 chests and only got common drops, none of which turned out to be valuable. I hope everyone else's luck will be better.

PS thanks to OP for posting the image. I'm sure lots of folks are interested in the new selections and can't login to the game just yet.

I got the new Weapon Skin unlock on the first Key. Got a weapon skin worth 360G. Lucky me!Got one of the Gem Store Dyes on the 3rd (or 2nd) Key...only worth 63G, but I hadn't unlocked it yet, so will decide later whether to sell or keep.Haven't used any more Keys yet.

Edit: Decided to use another Key...another Weapon Skin Unlock, this time worth 490G. I am blessed by the Wintersday Spirit. (Too bad I'm not really fond of this one...lol.)

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Ok I was totally waiting for the update for BLCs before grabbing keys, but to see Essence of Luck in there, when im at the cap, is a real kick in the teeth, its a total waste, Anet really should look at some of the things they move to the chests, you seem to go 1 step forward and 2 steps back sometimes.

To be fair this update is more like 2 steps forward 1 back

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Ok I was totally waiting for the update for BLCs before grabbing keys, but to see Essence of Luck in there, when im at the cap, is a real kick in the teeth, its a total waste, Anet really should look at some of the things they move to the chests, you seem to go 1 step forward and 2 steps back sometimes.

To be fair this update is more like 2 steps forward 1 back

Agreed, maybe even 3 steps forward. Aside from the luck/magic find drop, everything is either the same or better than before. There are fewer trash drops in common and some potentially valuable ones (the dye kits in particular, even if I got non-exclusive dyes myself). Uncommon is also the same or better (although not by as much).

Keep in mind that BL chests are intended to drop junk. ANet is selling the excitement that comes with any lottery: the chance that it might change your life (spoiler alert: it won't; most people get mostly common drops). The mix might be better, but the overall drops are still intended to be worth bupkus.

At least the worthless dyes and minis I can sell on the trading post. That essence of luck is just such a low punch. Its only good for one thing: destroying. So what I basically got was the added effort to pull that offending piece out of my inventory and confirm that I want to destroy it. Again, thanks Anet. Not enough I have to constantly destroy these fucking essences when salvaging, now I have to do the same when opening black lion chests. Every time I get one of those, be it through salvaging or achievement rewards, it just makes me so much more angry.

I didnt rush capping luck. I just played the game, and now I constantly get told by Anet: you are done. Finish line.

@DeanBB.4268 said:Luck is just like the boosters and level tomes: for some, valuable, for others, junk. Those who are not maxed will still get value out of the luck drops.

Does anyone have any guesstimate on what percent of accounts have maxed luck? I think I hit 190% this week on my main.

It's pretty different.I can consume a tome for an extra shard or use it for the weekly key.Legendary luck essence into Commonwealth drop from blc is a scam.

@Halan.8951 said:Got Hardwood node today, sold for some nice gold :)Awesome, Halan. Congratulations.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Being reported that there are way to many Dye packs being dropped, a few friends/ guild mates saying they had a near 50% return on dye packs from these.

The common drops include six dye kits out of 25 possible drops. All things being equal, that would mean a 42% chance of a dye kit dropping.

Math:

• Chance of a kit: 6/25 for each of two drops.
  • The chance that neither is a kit is (19/25)*(19/25) or 58%
  • Leaving the chance that at least one is a dye kit at 42%.

Assumption:

• The chance of the common items dropping is equal (we know from past chests that this is probably a bad assumption, but since we never have anything close to enough data, it's an okay place to start).

@DeanBB.4268 said:Luck is just like the boosters and level tomes: for some, valuable, for others, junk. Those who are not maxed will still get value out of the luck drops.

Does anyone have any guesstimate on what percent of accounts have maxed luck? I think I hit 190% this week on my main.

Boosters always have a value, same with tomes. Luck has absolutely no value when you are at cap. Its worse than junk, because you can sell junk.

@Yasi.9065 said:

Boosters always have a value, same with tomes. Luck has absolutely no value when you are at cap. Its worse than junk, because you can sell junk.

Indeed. Boosters and tomes can always be used in a way that produces something of value in game. Some players might not care about the result, but that's different from having no options at all. In contrast, once someone hits the cap for luck, the only things that can be done are: delete, store, or consume none of which offer anything of value in the game.

Archived