Is it possible for a balance patch to be more worthless?

Zlater.6789

These are the changes

Weakening Charge: This skill now moves the thief toward a selected target, but will not allow them to travel through the target.small QoL fix for a build that is almost totally unviable if they just put this and none of the other stuff it would have been the same.

Cursed Bullet: Increased base damage by 43%.GJ at making a long setup stealth attack finally do more damage than an auto attack on a weapon set that is worthless

So all of the next changes are worthless because they are pve only rifle changesSpotter's Shot: Increased damage by 18% in PvE only.Totally pointless because its a 100% useless skill in pveThree Round Burst: Increased damage by 18% in PvE Only.possibly the only ok change on rifle, it is still less useful than when it was in the betaDeath's Retreat: Reduced initiative cost of this skill from 5 to 4 in PvE only. Poison has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 4 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.PvE only is a joke and a waste of skill splitting the issue here is that in PvE this skill has never been clicked, because we have mounts now...Death's Judgment: Reduced initiative cost of this skill from 6 to 5 in PvE only.Its like it doesn't even matter, because you had no initative for this anyway after you used all of your 3 round burst for damage in pveCaltrops: Bleeding has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 10 seconds.An extremely tiny nerf to the burstiness of condi thief

It gets even worseThe Ripper: Bleeding has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 7 seconds to 4 stacks for 10 seconds.ACTUALLY LEGIT AN UNDERWATER SKILLShadow Strike: Increased applied torment from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 6 seconds.A change to p/d what even?Pressure Striking: Torment duration has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.Nobody ever used this over Bountiful theft, ever! Like what is crazy is that if this is taken in pve, it's not even because of this change, it's because of the interrupt change. Like it makes you think it's interesting, but then you really look at it and you realise it's just a cop out.Sundering Strikes: This trait has been renamed Sundering Shade. This trait now causes stealth attacks to inflict 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds with a 1-second cooldown.This is just a straight up nerf to a trait nobody ever used

Don't Stop: Fixed a bug in which this trait failed to remove all instances of the listed conditions.thankyou finally for a bug fix literally the only thing here that is appreciated, even better it's in acrobatics so you know it will always be used xD

Guys if this is what you are putting your money to, please just don't waste time on it, it is better to put that money into another expansion.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly. They buff stuff and your not happy? Is it because you dont use these things? Is it because they didnt give you a button that says you win? Or maybe its because they didnt buff your meta play build? Im not sure what you want, they are finally working on giving a thief more options that you are mad about it.. Hybrid DE is in a far better place today than it was yesterday, and P/D is a great set for focused damage on a venom build, they helped both of those today with this. And considering we were all fully expecting a nerf to Condition, this is all welcomed news. Also, that Cursed bullet can hit for 20K. I would love to see you doing that with your auto attack.

@Kallist.5917 said:Honestly. They buff stuff and your not happy? Is it because you dont use these things? Is it because they didnt give you a button that says you win? Or maybe its because they didnt buff your meta play build? Im not sure what you want, they are finally working on giving a thief more options that you are mad about it.. Hybrid DE is in a far better place today than it was yesterday, and P/D is a great set for focused damage on a venom build, they helped both of those today with this. And considering we were all fully expecting a nerf to Condition, this is all welcomed news. Also, that Cursed bullet can hit for 20K. I would love to see you doing that with your auto attack.

None of the buffs make it easy to faceroll. That's probably why. No other explanation makes sense.

They were pretty specific that this balance patch was intended to make some small changes to the way that condis are applied (trading intensity for duration) to make them less bursty. The changes to Rifle are an unexpected bonus. This patch wasn't intended to completely balance the thief class around your own perceptions of what is worthwhile.

@Kallist.5917 said:Honestly. They buff stuff and your not happy? Is it because you dont use these things? Is it because they didnt give you a button that says you win? Or maybe its because they didnt buff your meta play build? Im not sure what you want, they are finally working on giving a thief more options that you are mad about it.. Hybrid DE is in a far better place today than it was yesterday, and P/D is a great set for focused damage on a venom build, they helped both of those today with this. And considering we were all fully expecting a nerf to Condition, this is all welcomed news. Also, that Cursed bullet can hit for 20K. I would love to see you doing that with your auto attack.

Not trying to deny what you said. Just want to see how you do it. How do you get cursed bullet to hit for 20k? Build might and malice then hit it? Zerker stats?

@Majirah.5089 said:

Not trying to deny what you said. Just want to see how you do it. How do you get cursed bullet to hit for 20k? Build might and malice then hit it? Zerker stats?

Pretty much. Buddy was doing it with a stealth DE build. I'd have to see what his build is, but we min-maxed the crap out of it, and his CS was hitting 20K and his DJ was hitting 50K

@Kallist.5917 said:

Pretty much. Buddy was doing it with a stealth DE build. I'd have to see what his build is, but we min-maxed the crap out of it, and his CS was hitting 20K and his DJ was hitting 50K

Was your buddy using maleficent 7? Assassin signet?

@Cirrion.8951 said:They were pretty specific that this balance patch was intended to make some small changes to the way that condis are applied (trading intensity for duration) to make them less bursty. The changes to Rifle are an unexpected bonus. This patch wasn't intended to completely balance the thief class around your own perceptions of what is worthwhile.

The changes to rifle are pve only and mostly in ways that aren't heavily used in pve, why bother?

@Zlater.6789 said:Sundering Strikes: This trait has been renamed Sundering Shade. This trait now causes stealth attacks to inflict 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds with a 1-second cooldown.This is just a straight up nerf to a trait nobody ever usedI did, it was just very situational and now it's straight up useless. Also, they basically turned it into a Shadow Arts trait. The least thing they could have done is to turn it into something that actually fits the specialization...

@"Cirrion.8951" said:They were pretty specific that this balance patch was intended to make some small changes to the way that condis are applied (trading intensity for duration) to make them less bursty. The changes to Rifle are an unexpected bonus. This patch wasn't intended to completely balance the thief class around your own perceptions of what is worthwhile.

The problem with saying this is thats not what they've done. All of these conditions changes we irrelevant. IF they actually did what you and they were saying, they would have changes lotus training or death blossom, those were the serious offenders.

Then the issue with the rifle changes is that even if they want rifle to be viable in pvp or WvW they need to buff it seriously, not just ship insignificant fixes that do nothing for anybody except make it even more cancerous. Now for the next couple of months I will have thieves on my teams who say "duh they buffed rifle, rifle is op now" despite them being pve only.

@Zlater.6789 said:

@"Cirrion.8951" said:They were pretty specific that this balance patch was intended to make some small changes to the way that condis are applied (trading intensity for duration) to make them less bursty. The changes to Rifle are an unexpected bonus. This patch wasn't intended to completely balance the thief class around your own perceptions of what is worthwhile.

The problem with saying this is thats not what they've done. All of these conditions changes we irrelevant. IF they actually did what you and they were saying, they would have changes lotus training or death blossom, those were the serious offenders.

Then the issue with the rifle changes is that even if they want rifle to be viable in pvp or WvW they need to buff it seriously, not just ship insignificant fixes that do nothing for anybody except make it even more cancerous. Now for the next couple of months I will have thieves on my teams who say "duh they buffed rifle, rifle is op now" despite them being pve only.

You are completely missing the point. Nobody is getting burst down with lotus training or death blossom in seconds like was happening with Scourges. Both of those skills take time to apply their full potential damage and to apply in significant enough quantities to win a fight. That is the balance that ANet is seeking here. They WANT condi builds to become more effective in drawn out fights vs power. D/D Daredevils don't kill aware opponents quickly; if you're dying to them then you need to learn how to combat them.

@Cirrion.8951 said:

@Cirrion.8951 said:They were pretty specific that this balance patch was intended to make some small changes to the way that condis are applied (trading intensity for duration) to make them less bursty. The changes to Rifle are an unexpected bonus. This patch wasn't intended to completely balance the thief class around your own perceptions of what is worthwhile.

You are completely missing the point. Nobody is getting burst down with lotus training or death blossom in seconds like was happening with Scourges. Both of those skills take time to apply their full potential damage and to apply in significant enough quantities to win a fight. That is the balance that ANet is seeking here. They WANT condi builds to become more effective in drawn out fights vs power. D/D Daredevils don't kill aware opponents quickly; if you're dying to them then you need to learn how to combat them.

Ohhh sorry you're right, I see that now. Getting bursted down with massive condition application from "The Ripper" was always more troublesome in PvP.

@"Zlater.6789" said:Ohhh sorry you're right, I see that now. Getting bursted down with massive condition application from "The Ripper" was always more troublesome in PvP.

Maybe you should read the patch notes more thoroughly? The Ripper was buffed, 3 stacks to 4 stacks and increased duration. Not an awesome buff, but a buff none the less.

@Fjaeldmark.9043 said:

@"Zlater.6789" said:Ohhh sorry you're right, I see that now. Getting bursted down with massive condition application from "The Ripper" was always more troublesome in PvP.

Maybe you should read the patch notes more thoroughly? The Ripper was buffed, 3 stacks to 4 stacks
and
increased duration. Not an awesome buff, but a buff none the less.

Lol do you even know what "The Ripper" is? Have you ever been hit by it in pvp?

@Zlater.6789 said:

@Zlater.6789 said:Ohhh sorry you're right, I see that now. Getting bursted down with massive condition application from "The Ripper" was always more troublesome in PvP.

Maybe you should read the patch notes more thoroughly? The Ripper was buffed, 3 stacks to 4 stacks
and

It's the stealth attack for the harpoon gun. Also you are the one that stared talking about it in PvP not me.

@Fjaeldmark.9043 said:

@Zlater.6789 said:Ohhh sorry you're right, I see that now. Getting bursted down with massive condition application from "The Ripper" was always more troublesome in PvP.

and

It's the stealth attack for the harpoon gun. Also you are the one that stared talking about it in PvP not me.

ty gw2 wiki

@Kallist.5917 said:

a video in WvW to show it ? it's look really fake ..

this patch is just useless one little up for le the most slowy skill never created after judgement of death.... and it is bugged with wall

@lpgfou.5327 said:

this patch is just useless one little up for le the most slowy skill never created after judgement of death.... and it is bugged with wall

Naa, fuck that. What would I get out of trying to show you this? Why would I want to invest my time in it to prove something to someone I dont know on a random forum post? I know it works. Ive watched it. So Instead of asking me for a video of another players build, Why dont you make one your self? Can even put it to that nifty dub step so many of you like to use. His name is Smirk.6702, why don't you go ask him nicely for info on the build. He's pretty stingy, so you may need to make it worth his time, but I'm sure it wouldn't take much. And if not, just run around WvW and look for him. He hangs out at SM on Darkhaven. His Thief is a female Asura.

@lpgfou.5327 said:

I don't know what CS is, but it's very possible to hit 50k+ with DJ in PvP. It's also possible to hit 72k with DJ in PvE surprisingly - which threw me off when I saw that big number pop up.

@Zlater.6789 said:These are the changes

Weakening Charge: This skill now moves the thief toward a selected target, but will not allow them to travel through the target.small QoL fix for a build that is almost totally unviable if they just put this and nine of the other stuff it would have been the same.

Cursed Bullet: Increased base damage by 43%.GJ at making a long setup stealth attack finally do more damage than an auto attack on a weapon set that is worthless

So all of the next changes are worthless because they are pve only rifle changesSpotter's Shot: Increased damage by 18% in PvE only.Totally pointless because its a 100% useless skill in pveThree Round Burst: Increased damage by 18% in PvE Only.possibly the only ok change on rifle, it is still less useful than when it was in the betaDeath's Retreat: Reduced initiative cost of this skill from 5 to 4 in PvE only. Poison has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 4 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.PvE only is a joke and a waste of skill splitting the issue here is that in PvE this skill has never been clicked, because we have mounts now...Death's Judgment: Reduced initiative cost of this skill from 6 to 5 in PvE only.Its like it doesn't even matter, because you had no initative for this anyway after you used all of your 3 round burst for damage in pveCaltrops: Bleeding has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 10 seconds.An extremely tiny nerf to the burstiness of condi thief

It gets even worseThe Ripper: Bleeding has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 7 seconds to 4 stacks for 10 seconds.ACTUALLY LEGIT AN UNDERWATER SKILLShadow Strike: Increased applied torment from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 6 seconds.A change to p/d what even?Pressure Striking: Torment duration has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.Nobody ever used this over Bountiful theft, ever! Like what is crazy is that if this is taken in pve, it's not even because of this change, it's because of the interrupt change. Like it makes you think it's interesting, but then you really look at it and you realise it's just a cop out.Sundering Strikes: This trait has been renamed Sundering Shade. This trait now causes stealth attacks to inflict 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds with a 1-second cooldown.This is just a straight up nerf to a trait nobody ever used

Don't Stop: Fixed a bug in which this trait failed to remove all instances of the listed conditions.thankyou finally for a bug fix literally the only thing here that is appreciated, even better it's in acrobatics so you know it will always be used

Guys if this is what you are putting your money to, please just don't waste time on it, it is better to put that money into another expansion.

What the heck did you want from this buff?

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

I don't know what CS is, but it's very possible to hit 50k+ with DJ in PvP. It's also possible to hit 72k with DJ in PvE surprisingly - which threw me off when I saw that big number pop up.

@Zlater.6789 said:These are the changes

Weakening Charge: This skill now moves the thief toward a selected target, but will not allow them to travel through the target.
small QoL fix for a build that is almost totally unviable
if they just put this and nine of the other stuff it would have been the same.

Cursed Bullet: Increased base damage by 43%.
GJ at making a long setup stealth attack finally do more damage than an auto attack on a weapon set that is worthless

So all of the next changes are worthless because they are pve only rifle changesSpotter's Shot: Increased damage by 18% in PvE only.
Totally pointless because its a 100% useless skill in pve
Three Round Burst: Increased damage by 18% in PvE Only.
possibly the only ok change on rifle, it is still less useful than when it was in the beta
Death's Retreat: Reduced initiative cost of this skill from 5 to 4 in PvE only. Poison has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 4 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.
PvE only is a joke and a waste of skill splitting
the issue here is that in PvE this skill has never been clicked, because we have mounts now...
Death's Judgment: Reduced initiative cost of this skill from 6 to 5 in PvE only.
Its like it doesn't even matter, because you had no initative for this anyway after you used all of your 3 round burst for damage in pve
Caltrops: Bleeding has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 10 seconds.
An extremely tiny nerf to the burstiness of condi thief

It gets even worseThe Ripper: Bleeding has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 7 seconds to 4 stacks for 10 seconds.
ACTUALLY LEGIT AN UNDERWATER SKILL
Shadow Strike: Increased applied torment from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 6 seconds.
A change to p/d what even?
Pressure Striking: Torment duration has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.
Nobody ever used this over Bountiful theft, ever!
Like what is crazy is that if this is taken in pve, it's not even because of this change, it's because of the interrupt change. Like it makes you think it's interesting, but then you really look at it and you realise it's just a cop out.
Sundering Strikes: This trait has been renamed Sundering Shade. This trait now causes stealth attacks to inflict 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds with a 1-second cooldown.
This is just a straight up nerf to a trait nobody ever used

Don't Stop: Fixed a bug in which this trait failed to remove all instances of the listed conditions.
thankyou finally for a bug fix
literally the only thing here that is appreciated, even better it's in acrobatics so you know it will always be used

What the heck did you want from this buff?

Not even a buff, how about a nerf to condi thief like everyone wants and they implied? But no, I guess it was all worthless in the end.

Archived