Sunscythe Graphical Bug

yah, i was using my DD todays and i definily felt, something isnt right here, then i noticed the flippled angle

here are some screenshots pre patch and post patch

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/FlamedramonX/gw053_zpsf8reeq28.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/FlamedramonX/gw063_zpsuiqhxwtx.jpg

i think it worth noting that this only affected the Sunscythe, Scythe Staff and Oblivion were not affected

Noticed this also, and it kind of ruined the aesthetic of revenants/daredevils I had it with. I assume it might be a weird "fix" for the necromancer staff effect having have appeared on the other side of the staff, but you'd think the correct fix for that is not to flip the staff around.

In case it's a bug, I also hope it'll get corrected! It's hands down my favorite staff skin ingame currently.

@"IsmertIdegen.2401" said:Noticed this also, and it kind of ruined the aesthetic of revenants/daredevils I had it with. I assume it might be a weird "fix" for the necromancer staff effect having have appeared on the other side of the staff, but you'd think the correct fix for that is not to flip the staff around.

In case it's a bug, I also hope it'll get corrected! It's hands down my favorite staff skin ingame currently.

I agree that if it's not a bug, it's not a fair solution. Not to mention it was an unannounced change as far as I can see in the patch notes (come on, anet--communicate). I personally invested a lot in the sunscythe's look and combat animations for my character (#fashionwars2), and then I wake up and it gets bibbity-bobbity-boo’d into something else. :/ I feel like I got my gold's worth for all of two weeks.

It may be a staff, but it was designed as a bladed weapon, so logically we should be hitting things with the blade end if we're swinging it. With the way it is now, it's like if one day my warrior decided only hit enemies with the butt of her sword for every single animation. Yikes.

@Tora.7214 said:yeah, fix necro, but screw everyone else u.u, i dont see them doing the same to scythe staff, destroyer scythe or Oblivion, they all still point in the correct direction

It's even worse when you realize the graphical bug for necro just made the shadow go the opposite direction. It was the shadow that was broken, not the scythe

Agree. Dropped a large chunk of my gold yesterday to get the skin. Was very perplexed when I equipped it. I'd been saving for it a bit.This is an frustrating solution to a released asset that wasn't a bug for any but one class and very exciting new skin for melee. Especially as we were all seeing certain enemy specs using this...

Please find a better solution.

i send a ticket report and i got this answer from Anet

"Thank you for sharing your feedback on the recent Sunscythe changes. Due to a bug fix for Necromancers, this seemed to have cause problems with this item when equipped by other classes. At this time, the Development team is determining whether it is possible to make everyone happy! But this may be an instance where they must weigh the better of two evils. "

@"Tora.7214" said:i send a ticket report and i got this answer from Anet

"Thank you for sharing your feedback on the recent Sunscythe changes. Due to a bug fix for Necromancers, this seemed to have cause problems with this item when equipped by other classes. At this time, the Development team is determining whether it is possible to make everyone happy! But this may be an instance where they must weigh the better of two evils. "

I am glad they are looking at the issue to try and find a fix.

I also would add that since there are 2 classes using melee staff, that should outweigh one class with a graphical glitch based only on something you are doing part of the time. I play all classes and would rather my Rev and DD be able to properly wield the scythe.

also, correct me if im wrong, it should only be a matter of checking whats different in Sunscythe from ther other Scythe skins like scythe staff and destroyer scythe (cant say about Oblivion because afaik, no one has that skin yet) wich look correct in both necromancer and rev/dd that makes the former look flipped on necro

@Tora.7214 said:also, correct me if im wrong, it should only be a matter of checking whats different in Sunscythe from ther other Scythe skins like scythe staff and destroyer scythe (cant say about Oblivion because afaik, no one has that skin yet) wich look correct in both necromancer and rev/dd that makes the former look flipped on necro

Exactly. Four or so other scythes ingame, but this became a mess. Multiple hotfixes later it still persists. Would be cool to see a fix.

if at the end it comes to, as Anet told me "weigh the better of two evils" considering necromancers allready have a scythe effect ALL the time on any staff skin of their choice and a pretty huge one on reaper shroud. i personally believe DDs and revenants deserve this small treat considering they have very limited options for decent melee staffs and the 2 other best looking scythe skins are locked behind a legendary weapon level of gold requeriment (scythe staff) and pro endgame raid content (Oblivion)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived