No burst at all on any necro condi skills?

@Galmac.4680 said:Burst was removed, see the patch notes. You have to live longer in fights to build up your amount of condi damage.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:If you want burst you need to roll the power classes that still have plenty or it.

You both missed OPs point. They are complaining about not getting any power damage when activating skills. Not sure in what circumstances this happens though.

Isn't bursting a warrior specific thing? Can someone explain what exactly changed? Which patch was it done in? I went back as far as September and didn't see anything that popped out. I see they changed some stack/duration values for some attacks/skills/traits recently, but I'm not seeing how initial damage has been changed. I did some testing with marks on some lovely Harathi in Queens using a staff and initial damage is applied, more or less, as expected. I haven't noticed any great differences in PvE in the PoF/HoT maps. I play partial MM, GS/Staff reaper (I know not the most efficient, but it is fun for me) and haven't had to adjust anything.

you are missing my point completely guys... Look... Patch notes say they reduced the STACKS and made condi last longer so you have to RAMP THEM UP... i am talking about the inital damage when you walk into a well or mark or any skill that i can activate to do damage... My F2-5 skills, etc.

They say they still do the same as before... but there is no damage shown (even in the log) for the mark bursting etc... so in other words they nerfed ALL burst by necros? On skill activation ... everything? DOES NOT say that in patch notes.. anywhere.. Yet i cannot get ANY damage when i activate a skill thats supposed to do instant damage.. like marks, wells, f3-5 even my shade does NOT do damage on application anymore... nothing but the condi tick and that is all.. and yes.. those are about 1/2 of the damage tick i used to get.

SO i want to know from a dev.. was this intenional or is this a bug because as it stands now.. there is no reason to play necro... watching someone who does 20k a hit to you run around in circles and kill you while you do 300 or less a tick isnt what you were aiming for.. i hope

@trueanimus.4085 said:you are missing my point completely guys... Look... Patch notes say they reduced the STACKS and made condi last longer so you have to RAMP THEM UP... i am talking about the inital damage when you walk into a well or mark or any skill that i can activate to do damage... My F2-5 skills, etc.

They say they still do the same as before... but there is no damage shown (even in the log) for the mark bursting etc... so in other words they nerfed ALL burst by necros? On skill activation ... everything? DOES NOT say that in patch notes.. anywhere.. Yet i cannot get ANY damage when i activate a skill thats supposed to do instant damage.. like marks, wells, f3-5 even my shade does NOT do damage on application anymore... nothing but the condi tick and that is all.. and yes.. those are about 1/2 of the damage tick i used to get.

SO i want to know from a dev.. was this intenional or is this a bug because as it stands now.. there is no reason to play necro... watching someone who does 20k a hit to you run around in circles and kill you while you do 300 or less a tick isnt what you were aiming for.. i hope

If you're truly not getting any initial damage from marks I'd report it because I AM getting damage from my staff 2-5 skills. I tested them individually on Harathi in queens. If Putrid Mark says Damage: 80, I was dealing around that when the mark is triggered. Necrotic Grasp says it deals 50 damage and was doing approximately about 1/2 what Putrid Mark does when inspecting the life bar. Gravedigger on the GS says 240 damage and knocks their life bar down to under 1/2, which is what I'd expect when compared to the damage Putrid Mark did.

I don't use a focus, but I do have a scepter/dagger I could try and I think I still have an axe in the bank I could test.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:The actual term used by the devs is "physical damage" not burst.

Maybe he's talking inanimate objects. Marks and conditions won't do any damage at all to things like doors in WvW, graveler mounds in AC, certain world bosses, etc, but it's always been like that. Is the OP maybe a newbie necro, expecting damage where there is none to be had?

@Leamas.5803 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:The actual term used by the devs is "physical damage" not burst.

Maybe he's talking inanimate objects. Marks and conditions won't do any damage at all to things like doors in WvW, graveler mounds in AC, certain world bosses, etc, but it's always been like that. Is the OP maybe a newbie necro, expecting damage where there is none to be had?

but if that is the case the marks wouldn't even be triggering.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Galmac.4680 said:Burst was removed, see the patch notes. You have to live longer in fights to build up your amount of condi damage.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:If you want burst you need to roll the power classes that still have plenty or it.

You both missed OPs point. They are complaining about not getting any power damage when activating skills. Not sure in what circumstances this happens though.

You can't get serious power damage if your build is condition damage.

@Hitman.5829 said:

That has very little to do with what the op is actually trying to raise as an issue.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

That has very little to do with what the op is actually trying to raise as an issue.

I agree. Now, I've been running a necro main a LONG time, over 2100 hours on this character alone spanning over 1900 days according /age. As I pointed out, twice, I tested marks explicitly, twice, in Queensdale and they function as I would expect them to function. If they're not doing this then the OPs character may indeed be bugged and he should contact support.

@Khisanth.2948 said:With viper's or grieving you can still get a decent amount of physical damage

Indeed. I run Viper's with GS/staff with reaper runes and a mix of trinkets to balance out power, CD and added toughness. It's by no means a min/max build, and I would never take it in to a raid or something like that but I find it a decent balance for solo roaming and it works well in most cases.

Archived