12/12 Elementalist patch

Tora.7214

Earthen Vortex: Bleeding stacks have been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.

Signet of Earth: Bleeding inflicted has been adjusted from 5 stacks for 7 seconds to 4 stacks for 9 seconds.

Stone Sheath: Bleeding has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 6 seconds to 2 stacks for 9 seconds.

Dragon’s Tooth: Burning has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 10 seconds.

Searing Slash: Burning has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 6 seconds.

Cauterizing Strike: Burning has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 4 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.

Cleansing Fire: Burning has been adjusted from 4 stacks for 3 seconds to 2 stacks for 6 seconds.

Twin Strike: Burning stacks have been reduced from 2 stacks for 4 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.

Plasma Burst: Burning has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 6 seconds.

Molten Burst: Burning has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.

Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

Electric Discharge: This trait now properly displays its damage in the combat log and inflicts vulnerability in addition to its previous strike effects.

Weak Spot: This trait has been replaced by Raging Storm, which grants fury for 2 seconds when you inflict critical strikes.

Lucid Singularity: Fixed a bug in which this trait failed to remove all instances of the listed conditions.

How was ele the ONLY class that got both Power AND condi nerfs!? As if Sword even needed either :/ The lose of Fury for a few stacks of Might seems rather stupid. Moving it to a line that didnt even need it seems even more confusing. Though this being the same "balance" team that manages to BUFF condi builds in an update meant to nerf them lol

@"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:How was ele the ONLY class that got both Power AND condi nerfs!? As if Sword even needed either :/ The lose of Fury for a few stacks of Might seems rather stupid. Moving it to a line that didnt even need it seems even more confusing. Though this being the same "balance" team that manages to BUFF condi builds in an update meant to nerf them lol

Dude, Anet seems to be a nice place to work at. Need to do a balance patch? Just press randomize and it's done. Who cares if the weakest class is hit the most severely? Spend the rest of the day playing another game while the marketing team takes care of the forum complaints.

@"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:How was ele the ONLY class that got both Power AND condi nerfs!? As if Sword even needed either :/ The lose of Fury for a few stacks of Might seems rather stupid. Moving it to a line that didnt even need it seems even more confusing. Though this being the same "balance" team that manages to BUFF condi builds in an update meant to nerf them lol

The update never meant to nerf condi builds, merely to reduce their burst. Which on a first glance over the changes should happen, although I haven't actually tested a condi build myself.

And I'm not really sure where do you get the power nerfs. In Air we lose some auto vuln and we gain some auto fury. In Arcane we lose some auto fury and gain some auto might. I can't see either change having a particularly big impact on the power dps.

@Feanor.2358 said:And I'm not really sure where do you get the power nerfs. In Air we lose some auto vuln and we gain some auto fury. In Arcane we lose some auto fury and gain some auto might. I can't see either change having a particularly big impact on the power dps.

The loss of Fury is a huge nerf to non PvE builds which doesn't usually stack tons of Precision.

@Kyon.9735 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:And I'm not really sure where do you get the power nerfs. In Air we lose some auto vuln and we gain some auto fury. In Arcane we lose some auto fury and gain some auto might. I can't see either change having a particularly big impact on the power dps.

The loss of Fury is a huge nerf to non PvE builds which doesn't usually stack tons of Precision.

Play Air, get fury.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:So, hybrid sw/d weaver was crap before and now it's wurst off.Which is really sad too considering Sword was meant to be a hybrid weapon, imo.

The community as a whole have been asking for Sword buffing. I agree condi burst needed a fix, but Sword really didn't need this. It was already weak.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Play Air, get fury.Not gonna happen as a Weaver when you need condi cleanse.

@"Feanor.2358" said:What sort of condi cleanse you got from Arcane?

• Cleansing Wave from Evasive Arcana• Cleansing Water proc from Regen when attuning to Water• Attuning to Air procs Woven Stride which gives Regen which then procs Cleansing Water

The most balanced PvP build right now for non scepter weavers is Water/Arcane/Weaver due to the amount of cleanses it has to counter condi spam. Then there's prot from the trait line too.

Simply saying "Get Air" means you'd lose Arcane (lose protection access and sustain) or lose Water (lose your trait related condi cleanses).

@Feanor.2358 said:What sort of condi cleanse you got from Arcane?

Cleansing wave from evasive arcanaRegen when attuning to waterSwiftness from attuning to airCleansing wave on fall damage from arcane abatement...no...ok scrap that one.

Mind you from elemental contingency we can get fury when struck in air so you can get high amounts of fury depending on the build.

I think this was an effort to see air played more but I don’t really know why but it’ll be fun running air for a while on core D/D.

@Feanor.2358 said:The update never meant to nerf condi builds, merely to reduce their burst. Which on a first glance over the changes should happen, although I haven't actually tested a condi build myself.

And I'm not really sure where do you get the power nerfs. In Air we lose some auto vuln and we gain some auto fury. In Arcane we lose some auto fury and gain some auto might. I can't see either change having a particularly big impact on the power dps.

Reducing their burst, IS a nerf. Well. It would have been in a balanced MMO. The condition/DoT system in this game is SO out of control. Damage over Time. Except. In this game is Constant, never ending damage. That gets replied every 2 seconds. When you can be hit with 5+ conditions in under a second. It hasnt actually done anything to fix Condition builds. Just means they have longer duration to stack as high as they can because Application is through the roof and removal is in the ground. It should be 60/40 in Conditions favor. It is however 90/10 in conditions favor currently.

Its a damage lose, because ONE build will use Air. The rest use Water (a requirement), Acana (a must) and Weaver (because youre a weaver...) You drop either Water or Arcana for Air and you lose the very limited condition removal you have. Thus, its a nerf as i said for nearly every build except 1. Plus Fresh Air didnt even need it anyway, other other builds NEEDED that Fury.

Fury > 4/5 Stacks of Might.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Play Air, get fury.

Most people would love to, but air just doesn't fulfill all the needs for a bruiser ele. Sure you get damage, lots of it, but what is that damage good for, when arcane gives you tons of very important boons (regen, PROTECTION, VIGOR) a passive that helps massively when you get bursted, extra healing and blasts from evasive arcana, REDUCED RECHARGE on attunements and extra boon duration.If you've ever played a bruiser/support ele in PvP, you should know why arcane is miles ahead of air.

@apharma.3741 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:What sort of condi cleanse you got from Arcane?

Cleansing wave from evasive arcanaRegen when attuning to waterSwiftness from attuning to airCleansing wave on fall damage from arcane abatement...no...ok scrap that one.

Mind you from elemental contingency we can get fury when struck in air so you can get high amounts of fury depending on the build.

I think this was an effort to see air played more but I don’t really know why but it’ll be fun running air for a while on core D/D.Thank you. I knew I was thinking along those lines, just couldn't get the brain to start working.

@Feanor.2358 said:Right, I keep forgetting everyone runs Water in PvP and roaming.

Aye, the synergy between the weaver, arcane, and water traits are just too good for condi cleanse.

So since you didn't know that or forgot, I'm guessing you run FA?

@Tomiyou.3790 said:

Play Air, get fury.

Most people would love to, but air just doesn't fulfill all the needs for a bruiser ele. Sure you get damage, lots of it, but what is that damage good for, when arcane gives you tons of very important boons (regen, PROTECTION, VIGOR) a passive that helps massively when you get bursted, extra healing and blasts from evasive arcana, REDUCED RECHARGE on attunements and extra boon duration.If you've ever played a bruiser/support ele in PvP, you should know why arcane is miles ahead of air.

ye agree, in PVP its not about dps rotations - there is a real person behind that foe you are attacking. Unless you spec for Fresh air specifically Air is a dead duck.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:So since you didn't know that or forgot, I'm guessing you run FA?

rather, doesn't play PvP

The way ele's traits are set up, it has no ability to survive without water, as it doesn't have any condition clears anywhere else. And weaver fully embraced that, pigeonholing it even deeper. Just look at Woven Stride. Gain short duration swiftness+regen on being movement impaired. This is a grandmaster trait that's worse than adept traits. unless also paired with Cleansing Water.

Archived