New Old Player Question

Rudrot.1409

I just came back to the game a couple of days ago after being gone 4 years. After starting PoT story and getting my mount I decided to start HoT and get my Glider and here I'm stuck. I completed the first part of the Story and now stuck with the story telling me to finish my glider mastery before I can continue. After hours of running around (lost most of the time) the two starting HoT areas and doing every Hero Mastery Point I can reach and doing gobs of events I still don't have the mastery points to get my Glider. I figure I'm doing it wrong. What's a better way? Thanks.

Have you unlock it? You may have enough exp but you have to manually unlock the mastery. Press "H", find the "Masteries" tab, choose "Heart of Thorn" then "Gliding" then click on the lock (im already finish everything long ago so im not remember the detail) to unlock it

Also what you mean by "Hero Mastery Point" ? One is Hero Challenge that give you hero points to unlock skills, the other is Mastery Point to unlock (glider) masteries. You sure you have the right one ?

It takes one mastery point to unlock the glider, and finishing the first step of the story awards one mastery point. Then you need to finish filling your xp bar in HoT areas (doing a few of the events near the starting waypoint is usually enough). Once your xp bar is full, you can do as @Atamazon.7062 says and open the Hero panel, go to the Masteries tab at the bottom, and choose to spend your mastery point to unlock the first tier of the Glider mastery.

Since you have already unlocked your first mount, you may need to make sure you're putting your xp into the Glider track, though it should have defaulted to filling that bar first when you entered the HoT areas. To check, do as above by going to the Hero panel, the Masteries tab, and selecting the first Glider track in the HoT section to train.

do events in the zone, any HoT zone really. Some events are standalone, but a lot of them tie into/begin large event chains which award quite a bit of EXP for completing each. IMO, the chains are easier to follow in the next few zones that you likely don't have unlocked yet; so that wont really help you..

just keep mashing events as quickly as you can and before you know it that mastery bar will be full and ready to train.

@Rudrot.1409 said:Thats what I've been doing. lol Was thinking I was doing it wrong. Thanks guys!

I recall that first one seeming like it took forever, too. Mostly because that first zone they stick you in is a bit jarring and annoying to navigate up until you have already unlocked the glider. 8/

their will be several other points within the HoT story that the same thing will happen; you'll need to unlock a specific mastery before you can continue. But, once you get to the second/third zones, there are WAYYY more easy-to-navigate events (chains of them too) and the experience flows pretty quickly.

So don't be discouraged; its all normal and it'll be worth it; especially since mastery unlocks are account-wide, so you'll never have this hold-up ever again. 8)

If getting the XP is a problem, what you can do is use food, utility consumables, XP boosts, and Lunar New Year fireworks to maximize your XP gain. The good thing is that all of these items stack separately. Example - during Season 3, I needed quick XP to train the newest mastery. Using all four of those items on one Octovine run got my bar filled to 100%. Oh, the firework XP gain stacks up to two hours by the way.

Good luck and hope this helps you!

Archived